Bugatti Veyron once again claims the title with the 267.9 mph Supersport

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/the_interceptor/2010/07/04/bugatti-16830486-mbqf_templateId_renderScaled_property_Bild_height_349.jpg

German yellow press Bild reports that Bugatti has let the new Veyron Supersport loose on VAG's very own high speed test track Ehra-Lessien to reclaim the title of being the fastest production car in the world. In two runs recognised by Guinness World Records, the car reached an average speed of 431.072 km/h, which is equal to 267.855 mph. And so again, it carries the title it once earned before the SSC Ultimate Aero TT took over in 2007.

Also, they report that only 30 Supersport models will be built, and that it has "only" lost 50 kgs (110 lbs) through the use of carbon fibre and aluminium. Apparently, there has also been a number of aeordynamic changes to the body.

... and it has become damn fugly! :blink:

Last edited:
I'm more disappointed that they couldn't find the extra 0.2 mph to get to 270. :p

I don't think they care about ye olde timey measurements. They'd rather celebrate to just edge to 431 instead of 430 kph.

On the car, the power hike alone is about enough to do the extra 24kph, so not many aero tweaks should have been necessary.

the headlights are ugly.

Nah, the 269mph was the fastest run at 434kph. The average at 431kph actually is 267mph.
You're right, corrected that!

Would a mod be so kind to edit the title of the thread to 267.9? Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, it seems I can do that too now.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a totally race-prepped version of the Veyron with maximum weight savings and such.

Hail oh mighty Bugatti Veyron, king of the petrolhead nation, for yours is the power and torque to rule all tarmac!

Impressive for a car with the aero dynamics of a brick. Are those the same tires?

Do elaborate that. How exactly are its aerodynamics bad? .355 in top speed mode does not sound very brick-like to me.

I'm using a bit of hyperbole there. But I heard the styling hurt the aero dynamics, but the engineers were forced to work around it (hence the high power figure).

I'd say the downforce requirements hurt the drag more than the styling. My estate has got a significantly lower drag coefficient, but it needs neither downforce nor massive air intakes.

You can see the massive intakes here, two at the top and one on each side. Chop off the ones at the top and fill up the ones on the side, I'm sure the drag will come right down... but then the engine will die :cry: