Bugatti: What Recession?

Jacobfox

Car(s)
VW GTI 4-Door (MKVI)
From Autoexpress:
t's the Veyron for all the family! This is our best look yet at the stunning Bugatti Royale ? a four-door four-seater that?s set to take the famous firm into a new market.

With the ?900,000, 253mph Veyron 16.4 already crowned the world?s most expensive and fastest supercar, Bugatti is seeking to go a step further: it will celebrate its 100th anniversary by unveiling this hyper-saloon at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

Inspired by the legendary 1927 Type 41 Royale, the new model would be as expensive as its brother and be available in a very limited production run for the company?s most loyal customers. As you can see, the exterior echoes the Veyron?s, while inside the cabin will offer unparalleled luxury, with the finest leather, suede and metal trim in addition to seating for four people and a luggage compartment at the rear.

Bugatti won?t be embarking on the project alone, though. It?s rumoured that the firm will team up with fellow VW Group luxury manufacturer Bentley in developing a new front-engined limousine platform. As well as underpinning the Royale, the chassis would be used on the next Arnage. However, the new Bugatti will keep much of the technology seen on the Veyron, such as its four-wheel-drive set-up and 8.0-litre quad-turbo W16 engine, although this will be mounted at the front.

With the same 987bhp and 1,250Nm of torque, the Royale should cover 0-60mph in three seconds and hit a 250mph top speed, making it the fastest four-seater in the world. It will also feature the same seven-speed twin-clutch transmission ? developed by UK firm Ricardo ? along with that Haldex clutch-equipped all-wheel drive. There will be active aerodynamics, a Veyron-style hydraulic rear wing that rises at speed, huge carbon composite brake discs and adaptive dampers, too.

The current economic downturn means the Royale is still some way off. But with McLaren Automotive boss Ron Dennis predicting a return to growth in 2011, just in time for the launch of his company?s P11 supercar (see Issue 1,060), expect the four-door to go on sale in three years? time.

In further celebration of its 100th birthday, Bugattiis also planning to launch a 1,350bhp ?super? Veyron later this year, along with additional special editions.
car_photo_306719_25.jpg

Not exactly what you'd call an original design. It reminds me of the Panamera and Rapide insofar as it's attempting to graft existing coupe-based design language onto a sedan. Why doesn't anyone take a page out of Maserati's playbook?

Please, they're not Germans. It won't look like a stretch Veyron.

They're not Por - Oh shit, wait.

They've been "planning" this 1,350hp Super Veyron for over a year now. I still call BS on that.

And a horrible one at that. If you're gonna make a render, at least make the whole thing a render.

That's autoexpress for you. They claimed the images were official, but they've definitely been full of shit before.

Autoexpress are the worst for chops, that's all they do all day.

I want one, I don't care if it looks like the untalented and highly overrated Seth Rogans' sack.

Last edited:
Jeez that looks like a bad chop...
besides, nobody will buy it anyway, unless you already have a Veyron and want to complete your collection

And you need to be Prince Mohammed Al Something for that

I am curious about the layout of the possible 4-seater, is it still going to have the engine in the back/middle? I can't imagine how would they cool the thing in the front if it needs 10 radiators..

With all the work that went in to making the original Veyron so aerodynamic, there is no way that is a product of Bugatti, it just doesn't look right.

Bugatti: "The next special edition's gonna have more than 1001 hp, honest!"

it is crying, poor car.

it is crying, poor car.

It's crying because it looks like a utter turd. A long, blue one.

So what's next, the Veyron stretch limo?

"You and your buddies can reach the prom in record time while scaring the living shit out of your dates!"

Bugatti is losing money on every car they build.

Really?

The original ?5m per car was mainly due to the development costs. With that being spread over an ever increasing number of cars it can't be that far off break even by now.