Builders of the "Hawk" Stratos replica hit out against TopGear!

Is that why I was seeing construction workers?

He also seems to be missing the point that "Any publicity is good publicity". Don't think that will harm Hawk's sales one bit. Think I might ring them in a minute pretending to be from the Daily Fail and ask what effect they may have seen in the last few days.

Yes, but how many people like to be called incompetent? i'm sure you dont. I'm seeing a trend here after Telsa and other electric cars getting boned by TG. ie they want fake drama like so many reality tv shows.

To clarify

To clarify

All I meant was that it's better to have the world know your brand than a very small group of people even if they point out and magnify any possible flaws because if the world sees it then there will be more people that want one than if say 5000 people know about it . Especially if it looks good and shows so much potential like that Stratos kit. They even said that the kit can fit that fiat v6 which produces even more horsepower than the ferrari engine . Yes I think it is right that the guy who helped provide the car made a rebuttal . He should have . It is good to know his side of the story . Frankly , if I had the spare money floating around I would consider getting one . But I would have never heard of it if not for top gear . I mean, I have heard of Lancias , just not the kit from hawk . Also I agree that there is a lot of fake drama on Top Gear , but that is their brand of comedy . Actually , I would be interested to see what happens if they try to make a project work with absolute seriousness and speak with absolute candor more often , maybe like bizarro Top Gear . Such a thing might yield more comedy gems than a script would .

While waiting for new episodes I was watching some of the old episodes and got interested in the Hawk ,did a search, saw this thread and thought i would comment . No harm done . I don't think so anyway .

:rolleyes:

Yes, but how many people like to be called incompetent? i'm sure you dont. I'm seeing a trend here after Telsa and other electric cars getting boned by TG. ie they want fake drama like so many reality tv shows.

And you want for a grammar refresher course. Five glaring errors in such a short post. Make that six. Incompetent, much?

:tease:

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Muscle
"Yes, but how many people like to be called incompetent? i'm sure you dont. I'm seeing a trend here after Telsa and other electric cars getting boned by TG. ie they want fake drama like so many reality tv shows."

And you want for a grammar refresher course. Five glaring errors in such a short post. Make that six. Incompetent, much?

Telsa is obviously a typo and his other mistakes are punctuation/capitalisation errors rather than grammatical. The meaning is perfectly clear, if wrong (g)

Also, "And you want for" - pot meet kettle.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF

:tease:

spell check does not cover grammar. i assume you were still able to get the gist of what i was sayin'. goofy!

"Yes, but how many people like to be called incompetent? i'm sure you dont. I'm seeing a trend here after Telsa and other electric cars getting boned by TG. ie they want fake drama like so many reality tv shows."

Telsa is obviously a typo and his other mistakes are punctuation/capitalisation errors rather than grammatical. The meaning is perfectly clear, if wrong (g)

Also, "And you want for" - pot meet kettle.

It was an implied continuation of the last sentence in his post and therefore grammatically and linguistically acceptable.

spell check does not cover grammar. i assume you were still able to get the gist of what i was sayin'. goofy!

Of course I was. However unlike the numerous other forums on the web there is an expected standard of spelling, grammar and puncutation here. Your posts fall well short and we have non-native English speakers who perform significantly better in that regard than you seem to want to or be capable of.

Guess the Aussie Muscle's between your ears.

"And you want for a grammar refresher course."

"It was an implied continuation of the last sentence in his post and therefore grammatically and linguistically acceptable."

Really?. His "they want fake drama like so many reality tv shows." is perfectly OK. Following it with "And you want a grammar refresher course" would also be correct, although "need" for "want" would have been better, but "And you want for" is simply wrong. Does that make you uneducated? Of course not; you simply made a mistake while typing, as we've all done, and normally I wouldn't have bothered replying, but, though this forum is pretty good at avoiding trolling, sometimes I get sick of seeing deliberate unkindness and personal attacks, instead of people responding to the points posters are making.

Last edited:
I don't care about T.C. and the boys if you can build one for me, can you get in touch on email ims-@mail.com

We know it was a ruse and a load of **** ive seen these cars perform on you tube 3.0 litre V6 alfa engines oh wow !!!!

Jeremy twatos Clarkson should never have been allowed near or in the that beautiful iconic car ! replica or not ! treating peoples property like dirt an bad mouthing it also ! so glad he,s finished/sacked none too soon too ! topgear became very lowgear predictable an downright boring to be honest ! damn good advice chris not to watch or buy there product, hawk cars in no way deserved that twats ignorant rantings ! I only hope there good reputation has not been too badly damaged.

Good lord, this episode aired (and this thread was started) 6 years ago.

You're a bit late to the conversation.

Eh, he just joined. Has lots of catching up to do. Especially with such helpful new information. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Looking at the time stamp and location I suspect he was also theate bungafloed.

It's a reference to Andeh's title which he acquired having made a very whiskey fuelled post in NSFW a while back.