ok, here we go.....

FoxBody or SN95 Mustang (preferably LX body style with the FoxBody):
-GMC SyTy transfer case complete with lightweight driveshafts
-Nelson Racing Engines 572 with 680hp mated to a 6L80

Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff! :lol:

Or is it "Elmo's guide to building a fast Ford, step 1, install GM engine" :p

Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff! :lol:

Or is it "Elmo's guide to building a fast Ford, step 1, install GM engine" :p

technically it isn't a GM engine. its only based off the architecture of the ZZ572.

DART STEEL CAP BLOCK
CALLIES 4340 CRANKSHAFT
4340 CONNECTING RODS H-BEAM
JE PISTONS
PLASMA MOLY RINGS
CUSTOM NRE FLAT TAPPET/ROLLER CAMSHAFT
FLAT/ROLLER LIFTERS
CLOYES TIMING CHAIN
BRODIX ALUMINUM RECTANGULAR
PORT HEADS 2.300/1.900 STAINLESS VALVES
.080 WALL PUSHRODS
CRANE ROLLER ROCKERS
ARP HARDWARE
ALUMINUM TIMING COVER
SFI HARMONIC DAMPER
EDELBROCK SUPER VICTOR 4150/OR DOMINATOR FLANGE
POLISHED ALUMINUM NRE CNC VALVE COVERS
BAFFLED HI QUART OIL PAN
CLEVITE BEARINGS

nothing GM including in the list including the block itself. although, it will be a GM tranny since it is a 6L80.

I wonder if you could wedge a Corrado VR6 or Chevy small-block V8 into an MR2 Mk1 or 2...

...fiddle with the suspension, exterior and interior a bit and make it into a proper supercar :D

I wonder if you could wedge a Corrado VR6 or Chevy small-block V8 into an MR2 Mk1 or 2...

...fiddle with the suspension, exterior and interior a bit and make it into a proper supercar :D

i know people have put the Northstar V8 into the Mk1 MR2s so i assume that there is room enough for a SBC

MK2 is a definite. If they can fit the V6 in there, it's not asking much more to shove the LS in it's spot. VR6 being only slightly longer than a 4 cylinder probably wouldn't to to hard either.

Besides, where there is will, time, or enough money, you can swap anything to any car.

Car: BTTF Time Machine.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/09/deloreanbttf20.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/09/DeLorean.jpg

As a child of the 80's, Back To The Future is a cornerstone of my childhood development. I think I'd probably have to build two of them. One a time machine and other a stock looking Delorean. The only real changes I'd make would giving them both a supercharged Northstar V8. Childhood dream come true.

Last edited:
I'd make a delorian but actually make it handle well and be as fast as it looks... CSBFTW!!

I'd take a Countach, and respectfully change as many things as it would take to make it a good daily driver. Mostly just fitting some sound deadening and re-arranging the ergonomics, as well as getting a clutch assist. Add a camera and screen for rear visibility, and replacing all the italian electrics, in particular I'd like to Megasquirt the engine and then run E85 and higher comp pistons for more power.

If i could get that done then maybe i would fiddle with the suspension geometry for better mechanical grip, as well as fit adjustable (preset) dampers for different driving moods, as well i'd love to fiddle with the steering so that its not so damn heavy, but with all the lovely feedback.

I'd take a Countach, and respectfully change as many things as it would take to make it a good daily driver. Mostly just fitting some sound deadening and re-arranging the ergonomics, as well as getting a clutch assist. Add a camera and screen for rear visibility, and replacing all the italian electrics, in particular I'd like to Megasquirt the engine and then run E85 and higher comp pistons for more power.

If i could get that done then maybe i would fiddle with the suspension geometry for better mechanical grip, as well as fit adjustable (preset) dampers for different driving moods, as well i'd love to fiddle with the steering so that its not so damn heavy, but with all the lovely feedback.

MK2 is a definite. If they can fit the V6 in there, it's not asking much more to shove the LS in it's spot. VR6 being only slightly longer than a 4 cylinder probably wouldn't to to hard either.

Besides, where there is will, time, or enough money, you can swap anything to any car.

mki strangely had a larger engine bay if i remember correctly (mkii gave up ease of maintenance in a attempt to compensate for the small trunk) so its all a go!

I've always thought the mki would be a excellent looking car if someone could just get the rear buttresses right, maybe a little longer, like they did on the Ferrari 308. Interior design is okay itself, just needs more colors then black/grey, or red and red, or blue aand blue, or you get the idea. Ideally i think keeping the black plastics black, while replacing all the cloths with tan would work well.

I thought about wanting suspension upgrades for the Delorean, but I wouldn't be taking it to a track so as long as it handled fine in the city it doesn't matter. Besides, as a Delorean it's going to spend its time doing one of two things. A: Going 88mph in a straight line or B: Sitting still so everyone can get a good look at it. :D

Triumph Spitfire. Not only does it look great, it goes like the clappers when you fine tune a fantastic v8. ,mmmmmmmm.............................

A Delorean with a Northstar sounds like a really good idea. Once you rework the suspension, it will be such an awesome car. Any possibility of making one that can hover with today's technology?? Now THAT would be interesting :D

mki strangely had a larger engine bay if i remember correctly (mkii gave up ease of maintenance in a attempt to compensate for the small trunk) so its all a go!

I've always thought the mki would be a excellent looking car if someone could just get the rear buttresses right, maybe a little longer, like they did on the Ferrari 308. Interior design is okay itself, just needs more colors then black/grey, or red and red, or blue aand blue, or you get the idea. Ideally i think keeping the black plastics black, while replacing all the cloths with tan would work well.

wow, half of that post was utterly useless....

anyway.....

some of you guys need to be a bit more original.

Triumph Spitfire w/V8: been done a hundreds times
Northstar in a Delorean (with an exception of Punisher Bass's idea): same as above

but anyway, onto another dream of mine.....

1983-1988 Ford Ranger:
PB250016.JPG

pretty much the same principle as my last dream, only with the Ford Cologne 4.0L V6.

-engine bored and stroked to 4.2L
-ProCharger P-1SC
-Tremec T-56
-custom AWD system built by MillenWorks
-Terminator Cobra suspension and 2000 Cobra R braking system
-replace chrome trim with body color matched fiberglass inserts
-8-piece body kit by Razzi
-call it the Ford Ranger R
-take it out to the 1/4 mile and rape SyTy's left and right

finished product should look like this w/o the retarded thing behind the cab.
041-100T2FS.jpg

041-100T3FS.jpg

wow, half of that post was utterly useless....

anyway.....

some of you guys need to be a bit more original.

Triumph Spitfire w/V8: been done a hundreds times
Northstar in a Delorean (with an exception of Punisher Bass's idea): same as above

Wow, way to be overly critical. Just because it's been done before doesn't mean it's still not a dream that's worthy of being carried out. Better than modding a Ford Mustang for the 8th millionth time.

I'd like to take a 1966 Dodge Monaco, rip the roof and doors off, spray-paint ?douard Manet's Le d?jeuner sur l'herbe on the hood with nothing but florescent colors, install a horn that played "My Humps" at frequencies that only dogs can hear, and put a submarine propellor on it so I can launch nuclear missiles at Patrick Fucking Dempsey's house from the Marianas Trench. Or hell, I'd just build this.

Better than modding a Ford Mustang for the 8th millionth time.

yeah, because an AWD Mustang is SO unoriginal.:rolleyes:

what i meant by being original is that these people can go into details a bit more than just saying "Northstar in a Delorean" or "V8 Spitfire". Punisher Bass has already brought this up once before.