Building plans for Dunsfold aerodrome

Gibby

Car(s)
Ford Fiesta ST & Triumph TR7
From BBC News:

Building plans for aerodrome site

Plans to build 2,600 houses on an airfield site on the border of Surrey and West Sussex have been submitted to Waverley Borough Council.

Protesters have pledged to fight the Dunsfold Park proposals "all the way".

The Stop Dunsfold Park New Town campaign group has said the area's infrastructure cannot cope with "such a huge increase in population".

But developers said the self-sustaining village would have homes, businesses and services within walking distance.

A spokeswoman for Dunsfold Park Ltd said: "People will be actively discouraged from buying a house if they're going to travel off-site.

"Seven hundred staff are employed at Dunsfold Park already - they will have first choice on the houses. People will walk to work."

She said there were 108 business on the site, including the TV programme Top Gear.

But campaign group chairman Barry Myers said: "This is devastating news for anyone living in the towns and villages in the Guildford - Haslemere - Horsham triangle.

"Our infrastructure can't cope with such a huge increase in population.

"Just think of the impact on the roads, particularly on the A281 and in Cranleigh - more cars, more traffic jams, more pollution."

He added: "This planning proposal has to be fought all the way."

Waverley council confirmed plans were submitted last Friday but said it would take weeks for officers to go through the documents and register them formally.

Consultation documents from Dunsfold Park Ltd said the development will include 2,000 on-site jobs, health and education facilities, 350 acres of parkland, and an aviation heritage centre.

Not another set of plans!

Not happening...they've talking bout it for years...

Yeah. Not happening. I think there are many people around there who would not like the extra traffic.

Last edited:
9th series of TG was supposed to be the last one with the studio in Dunsfold. It didn't happen, so I hope that it's going to be the same again...

"Seven hundred staff are employed at Dunsfold Park already - they will have first choice on the houses. People will walk to work."

She said there were 108 business on the site, including the TV programme Top Gear.

Now there's an amusing image - JC strolling to work...

bah, won't happen, some hippies will find that the lesser spotted mouse eating eagle lives there and it'll all get scraped because the goverment are scared of hippies.

bah, won't happen, some hippies will find that the lesser spotted mouse eating eagle lives there and it'll all get scraped because the goverment are scared of hippies.

And doing anything worthwhile.
And work.

I think the locals have finally relised that they'd rather have what's there, than 2000+ new houses on their doorstep. Just think how much extra traffic that would put on the local inferstructure?

Quick! Somebody release something rare and endangered onto the aerodrome grounds. Take your camera with you!

Those are actually quite tasty.

Quick! Somebody release something rare and endangered onto the aerodrome grounds. Take your camera with you!

Bah, there is something rare and endangered on the aerodrome grounds :stig:

if it does happen i know exactly what will happen

people will move in and then complain about the noise.
a load of city boys and gals who move out to the country will want it all stoped. and because they've been managers at BTCHCCGRB idustries they think that carries some weight in the cud. Trust me it doesn't. You need a landrover, a cow, land and ancestorial background for any of your oppinions to be considered.

Just like the bloke who moved to the country and complained about the curch bells wanted it to stop. It's been going on for hundreds of years, just cos some jumped up prick decides he doesn't like it he wants everyone to do as he say. It's toys out of the pram time and quite frankly out in the country we don't like that. We get annoyed over an extention that chops down a tree.

If you don't like it, fuck off back to london. And if you don't like that, fuck off to scotland, they'll bloody love you there.

Bah, there is something rare and endangered on the aerodrome grounds :stig:

Indeed rare, but I'm not sure I can think of anything that would threaten the Stig... unless it was Chuck Norris.

Not sure how long it takes to develop something like they have planned but even if they do get approved (which I hope not) they should still have a couple of season there? Also I'm sure they would say goodbye to their old haunt with style.

i dont know if i could sit through another episode where they just move stuff...