Bullitt Mustang in Production....

I'm not Takumi

Car(s)
Toyota AE86 Corolla
They had a BOSS Mustang parked in the shopping mall a few weeks ago.

(Note: I hate shopping malls, but it was the only store that had shoes my size)

Yea, it looks good now, but wait until Brad Pitt drives one in the upcoming Bullitt remake, ugh...

Well me and No Boss seem to see eye to eye on this one, lol.

REVEALED!!!!! Courtesy of AutoBlog(and i need a new pair of pants)

The latest edition of everyone's favorite green Mustang is back and this one won't be featured on AutoblogGreen. Just in time for the 40th anniversary of one of the quintessential cinematic car chases, the 2008 Mustang Bullitt is coming to a Ford showroom near you. As expected, the new Bullitt is available in the Highland Green of Steve McQueen's original, but it can also be had in black. The goal according to Mustang design chief Doug Gaffka was to provide a more restrained alternative to some of the more flamboyant 'Stangs while providing great overall performance.

On the outside, the Bullitt is the first of the current generation of S197 Mustangs to be devoid of a pony badge anywhere on the car. The plain black grille is encircled by a simple chrome trim ring. The 18" Bullitt wheels recall those on the original, but the brake calipers are now painted a dark grey so as not draw attention to themselves. A round faux gas cap on the trunk lid wears a Bullitt badge centered in a gun sight graphic. A similar badge adorns the center of the steering wheel. Unlike the last Bullitt, this one keeps its standard fuel filler door. Spoilers, wings, fake scoops and all other such puffery are thankfully banished from this Mustang.

bullitt-1.jpg

08mustangbullitt_27.jpg

full Bullitt movie themed gallery here.

I never got the Bullitt 'Stang, mainly because its a normal Mustang but painted green.

The last thing we need is another 'Limited edition' Mustang. :rolleyes:

There is some tweaks to the Mustang that makes this a Bullitt but nothing to lose sleep over. Still a live rear, and still not the best look inside. Also why a 5 speed? A 6 Speed would have sold the whole sport idea bit more.

The last thing we need is another 'Limited edition' Mustang. :rolleyes:

this isn't just "another" Mustang. the prestige behind the GT390 is more than just a movie with one of the greatest American actors of all time. its also celebrating the legend himself, Steve McQueen.

There is some tweaks to the Mustang that makes this a Bullitt but nothing to lose sleep over. Still a live rear, and still not the best look inside. Also why a 5 speed? A 6 Speed would have sold the whole sport idea bit more.

you know, this "live rear" thing is getting to the point of being the whole "ZOMG LEAF SPRINGS!!11". nobody really understands it and thinks its a bad thing.

you know, this "live rear" thing is getting to the point of being the whole "ZOMG LEAF SPRINGS!!11". nobody really understands it and thinks its a bad thing.

Don't forget pushrods...

Live rear axles are fine on a racetrack. Its when you hit some nice patchy bit of tarmac on a back road that they want to spit you arse-first into the nearest tree.

Live Real axles are fine for race track? if its a track that i a 1/4 mile long, and straight...
I do understand (as in I have driven) how it works because my dad has an 01 Mustang V6 which has the live rear axle. Here is a simple explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_axle .

Things are different about Leaf Strings as we see that they can be tuned for proper use on race track, same goes for push rods. The problem with live axle is that in terms of track use it does not provide anything of value. And with people on this forum tend to be people who prefer car that are fast around the bend, not in the straight line. Also new tech is better, no matter how well you work with a Push Rod system, it will be out down by a proper setup OHC. Even Harley uses OHC with there race bikes and now on some of there street bikes.

Why did you buy a 2005 Harley Davidson SOFTAIL??? Something a bit more manly would have sold the whole "I live in San Francisco but I think I'm a Bad Ass Hells Angel" idea a bit more!:lol::lol::lol:

this isn't just "another" Mustang. the prestige behind the GT390 is more than just a movie with one of the greatest American actors of all time. its also celebrating the legend himself, Steve McQueen.

You mean like they did 6 years ago? :rolleyes:

2001%20Bullitt.jpg

Buy basic mustang
-Add American Racing Torq-Thrust Rims (Anthracite)
-Paint Calipers Red
-Paint Car Green

Done.

^So what you're saying is that you love the tribute band's second album, because it's a better copying act than the first one?

Some people just don't like tribute bands you know, no matter how well they mimic the original.

^So what you're saying is that you love the tribute band's second album, because it's a better copying act than the first one?

Some people just don't like tribute bands you know, no matter how well they mimic the original.

Then why would you post in the tribute bands thread?