Bunny Rabbit Racing (working title)

There is one advantage to Fluffy if the current snocapalyse continues in Houston, it is a pretty good snow car :)

A quarter inch of ice is a snowpocalypse? Pansy.

Yeah, everything's pretty much melted even up here.

...I hope.

Last edited:
Come up north sometime, see what a real winter is like.

How did I miss this thread? So awesome. :lol:

Yeah, everything's pretty much melted even up here.

...I hope.

- wants to install a nose tomorrow, dang it

Remember how I was going to the super duper craft store last week? Well, I'm finally getting around to it today, anything I should be looking for ?

Ooh! Peachy-colored fuzzy velveteen? Little Puffalump collar flowers? Purple drank for the judges?

I dropped in today to see about the "make your car a bunny" kit nose. It fits! I think it'd look fine in pink, but peach would be better. Unfortunately, I lack sewing skills, so it might just have to stay pink or get a peach spray paint job. It even has little whiskers coming out of the nose! (While cute, whiskers are not found on Puffalumps. Oh well.)

Also, the seatbelts now fit little coco-sized people!

Also, also: I have come to the conclusion that Puffalumps are disarmingly cute little creatures whose sole purpose in life is to be evil and make you oversleep. (My "short nap on this couch" is now "aw, dang it, I hope Freebirds is still open, man. I ain't goin' home in the pitch black again, either.")

Last edited:
Ooh! Peachy-colored fuzzy velveteen? Little Puffalump collar flowers? Purple drank for the judges?

I dropped in today to see about the "make your car a bunny" kit nose. It fits! I think it'd look fine in pink, but peach would be better. Unfortunately, I lack sewing skills, so it might just have to stay pink or get a peach spray paint job. It even has little whiskers coming out of the nose! (While cute, whiskers are not found on Puffalumps. Oh well.)

Also, the seatbelts now fit little coco-sized people!

Also, also: I have come to the conclusion that Puffalumps are disarmingly cute little creatures whose sole purpose in life is to be evil and make you oversleep. (My "short nap on this couch" is now "aw, dang it, I hope Freebirds is still open, man. I ain't goin' home in the pitch black again, either.")

Oops, got this message too late to make it to the store, but a couple questions- Is it flowers or lace (it looks like lace in the pictures, that would be easy), and what is purple drank? I'm not sure that comes from the craft store...maybe the liquor store?

Purple Drank.

168a49h.jpg

Purple drank is a slang term for a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston, Texas. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine.[1] Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as Sprite soft drink or Mountain Dew and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup.

Last edited:
Okayyy, I certainly don't think I'll be finding that next to the crochet hooks:blink:

Last edited:
Heh, I was kidding about the purple drank, and now that the nose is mounted and looks good 'nuff, I might not need peachy velveteen.

Puffalumps like Fluffy Bunny, Eater of Souls, have flowers and lace on the collar. :)

Flower:
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/08/Stef_s_Random_Pictures_of_Doom_029a.jpg

Lace (see collar):
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/08/Stef_s_Random_Pictures_of_Doom_226_bunny.jpg

(Bed now. Bunny update later. All we really need now is a tail...and whatever else Bo's going to do to it.)

I think I'm going to need to figure out some way to determine the scale of the flower and lace so it's the right size in relationship to the car, where is the lace collar going to go anyway?
Also, are we doing any costuming of the pit crew or ourselves besides t-shirts?

Heh, I don't think the lace collar is going on the car anywhere. It'd look too clunky and awkward, IMHO. Lace around the license plate would be cool, though.

Oh! Speaking of the license plate--I have updated pictures! :)

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/09/DSC01409a.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/09/DSC01410a.JPG

All that's really missing is a tail and the vinyls now. :)

As far as costumes goes, I have a few sets of bunny ears (some of which came with tails!) to wear around the pits. I keep trying to talk the crew guy into going full-Playboy Bunny on us, but sadly, I've had no luck.

About shirts, though...Blayde FTW. My original idea was to keep things simple with a design that had the front and back of Fluffy Bunny (the Puffalump) with some text about the team. Sooooo...this, on a purple background at about boob level:

Front:
bunnywagenfront2.png

Back:
bunnywagenback2.png

...then equi pointed out that it's a wide design (these were my boobs I had in mind after all when thinking of shirt desgins) and I thought "well, nuts, that's usually the spot on my back that's covered with hair anyway." So, maybe an update to match of Blayde's earlier design idea would work better on the back:
backwagen01.png

I really love the 'lump-and-crossbo--, er, um, crosscarrots feel of that one.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Whatever drugs you girls are taking, I want some :D
That car is so damn girly & tacky, it just hit 11 on the Awesome-o-meter :D

Whatever drugs you girls are taking, I want some :D
That car is so damn girly & tacky, it just hit 11 on the Awesome-o-meter :D

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish I lived closer so I could give some real help. I would love to be a part of it. :nod:

:lmao: That looks epic! Must spread more rep around, but this is amazing.

Heh, I don't think the lace collar is going on the car anywhere. It'd look too clunky and awkward, IMHO. Lace around the license plate would be cool, though.

As far as costumes goes, I have a few sets of bunny ears (some of which came with tails!) to wear around the pits. I keep trying to talk the crew guy into going full-Playboy Bunny on us, but sadly, I've had no luck.

I really love the 'lump-and-crossbo--, er, um, crosscarrots feel of that one.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

I Absolutely LOVE the crossed carrots, it's brilliant! Maybe a little more detail on the "lump" so it is easy to recognize that it's the back of the puffalump.

Consider the license plate(s) laced. You're right it would be pretty hard to do a"car sized" lace collar and certainly would affect aerodynamic performance, like we'll be going fast enough to worry about that :rolleyes: I'll scope out tail materials, maybe a tail on fire will help keep the car from being rear ended :lol:

What do you think it might take for the crew guy to go full Playboy Bunny?:wicked: I think it would be worth major style points Failing that, ears and tail would help.

Last edited: