Bunny Rabbit Racing (working title)

Okay, so...current idea for shirts: use the big version ('lump and carrots) of the back, but with no text and Fluffy's front instead of Fluffy's back. Keep the carrots, but maybe add some detail on them. Get rid of the bunny on the front (current design is too wide) and just have text (though sub "Eater of Souls" where "Puffalump-O-Rama 2011" is)--and maybe do it in a cuter/more interesting font.

Or...would we rather put a picture of the car on the back instead of the Puffalump?

I like the idea of the puffalump front on the back of the shirt with more detailed carrots. And it would be nice if "puffalump-o-rama 2011" could be somewhere either front or back.
Comic sans for the font?:evil:

Maybe "Eater of Souls [carrot] Puffalump-O-Rama 2011?" Have them smaller, but sharing the same line?

The front could use a little carrot there...

I went to the craft store finally and I found lace similar to the collar and flowers similar to the collar, and one of the employees and I brainstormed on how I could use some fluffy yarn to create a tail. I didn't tell her what I was going to use the tail for, I'm sure she would have given me a funny look, not like that hasn't happened before. What diameter do you think the tail should be?
Probably will need some duct tape and superglue for the lacy license plate frames. I'd bring some duct tape but since I'm just going to have carryon luggage the TSA might give me a funny look and take it away (or take me away, who knows?)

I went to the craft store finally and I found lace similar to the collar and flowers similar to the collar, and one of the employees and I brainstormed on how I could use some fluffy yarn to create a tail. I didn't tell her what I was going to use the tail for, I'm sure she would have given me a funny look, not like that hasn't happened before. What diameter do you think the tail should be?
Probably will need some duct tape and superglue for the lacy license plate frames. I'd bring some duct tape but since I'm just going to have carryon luggage the TSA might give me a funny look and take it away (or take me away, who knows?)
Aww, I just ordered a tail. Big white pompon with 6" plastic fluff strands. I figure it'd be easy to put something around the baton in the middle of the pompon and voila! Tail. Diameter...maybe I dunno. I know the Puffalump bunnies have relatively small tails compared to a lot of other stuffed rabbits, hence the "eh, a pompon'll work." A bigger tail might be funnier, though.

I'm not sure where to stick the flowers. Hmmm...wheels, maybe? How many flowers do you have? :D

Heh, I've been telling just about everyone what I'm making and everyone I've met seems to love the bunnycar idea.

Back to the issue of shirts...I was fiddling around with fonts to see what I might like better than the current Times New Roman setup on the front and came up with this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/13/fluffyfrontmaybe.jpg

The font is Lobster 1.4, and since I couldn't find a carrot symbol, I used an asterisk from Churli Cute. I wanted to add back in the center line with "24 Hours of LeMons" in there, but the Porsche font I found that I wanted to use didn't do numbers. :/ Oh well. I kinda like it sans the middle line. If the picture of the Bunnywagen on the back doesn't scream "LeMons car" on its own, we're doin' it wrong. ;)

(Sub lilac for black, though.)

ETA: Looks like we should go with dark purple on the light purple shirts. Objections? None? Etc.?

Last edited:
I just realized that the blinky line from Word is in that mock-up of the front. Oops.

I have had my pedicure done in liliac to match the car to prepare for the race (I think that's probably not been said before):lol:

The flowers are tiny, probably a little bigger than the actual puffalump ones. My thought was to frame the license plates with the lace and then put the flowers on the corners of the lace or plate or whatever works.

I'll fiddle around with the yarn to see if I can get a poofy tail out of it. Maybe it'll bee 10 to 12 inches diameter, depending on how stiff the yarn is and I'll bring it and we can decide what we like better.

Ok ladies, let?s talk lingerie. You dudes, go on over to the finalgear racing thread and talk superchargers or some such. :D

When I look at the LeMons rules, there?s this:

?3.7.1: Socks and Other Undergarments: Socks, shirts, and other undergarments made of synthetic
material (including nylon, orlon, Spandex, etc.) will melt to the skin in a fire and are strictly
forbidden. Nomex socks are very strongly encouraged mandatory. While cotton or wool socks
are allowed, be aware that cotton and wool provide no protection and may increase the severity
of burns.?

I?ve got the Nomex socks in addition to the rest of the outfit but?..

I don?t know about you, but my ?undergarments? seem to have nylon, spandex and all sorts of other probably prohibited materials in them. I mean, I like my bra and all, but in the unlikely case of a fireball I don?t think I want it permanently melted onto my chest.

I?d be willing to bet that Victoria?s Secret does not do a Nomex lingerie collection.

So, what?s a Not a Dude to do? :?

Ok ladies, let?s talk lingerie. You dudes, go on over to the finalgear racing thread and talk superchargers or some such. :D

When I look at the LeMons rules, there?s this:

?3.7.1: Socks and Other Undergarments: Socks, shirts, and other undergarments made of synthetic
material (including nylon, orlon, Spandex, etc.) will melt to the skin in a fire and are strictly
forbidden. Nomex socks are very strongly encouraged mandatory. While cotton or wool socks
are allowed, be aware that cotton and wool provide no protection and may increase the severity
of burns.?

I?ve got the Nomex socks in addition to the rest of the outfit but?..

I don?t know about you, but my ?undergarments? seem to have nylon, spandex and all sorts of other probably prohibited materials in them. I mean, I like my bra and all, but in the unlikely case of a fireball I don?t think I want it permanently melted onto my chest.

I?d be willing to bet that Victoria?s Secret does not do a Nomex lingerie collection.

So, what?s a Not a Dude to do? :?

Go Commando?

Chain mail :wicked:. That may cause a different set of problems though.

*is so following the rest of this*

Oh yeah, we looked. Nomex bras don't seem to exist unless you're...kinda small. There are cotton bras, but I really think this is one area where they don't really...ask. They don't really check for underwear before you go out there, but you also don't want to wear anything too wacky underneath in case something DOES happen.

Oh, shirts! We have options...

For the front, two carrots:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6025849/newbunnyfront.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6025849/newbunnyfront2.png

I kinda like the horizontal "carrot as a dash" version myself.

Then there's the back:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6025849/newbunnyback.png

Thoughts? Is the Bunnywagen recognizable as the Bunnywagen on the back? I like the carrots, too.

Last edited:
First, the LeMons people will not inspect your undergarments, at all. There's no concern about passing inspection, here, this is just a personal safety concern. Our car is very low on the list of "cars likely to catch on fire," but even so, it's important take protective measures.

In the past, I've been wearing my standard undergarments under my all-natural clothing under my firesuit. In the interest of reducing my risk, I've been researching alternate options. Depending on your size, you may be able to find an all-cotton sports bra, or similar, that you could use if you want to avoid the artificial materials. I can't find one that will provide the support I want while racing and includes no artificial fibers. I've ordered a rather strange bra-like device from a company and am eager to see how it does, but I don't expect it to arrive before the race, so for this event I'll still be in my normal stuff.

(you may get more info later when work isn't driving me insane)

Coco, I LOVE the back of the shirt. It's GREAT! :D

Last edited:
They cut off at G. :(

Okay, phew. I think we've got our shirt design, then. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Last edited:
but also realize that "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern" are huge and 99.9% of the bra-niverse doesn't seem to make that size. :(

Am I a sleazy, filthy-minded guy or are you really talking about your boobs?

god I hope so.