Bunny Rabbit Racing (working title)

(They have names.)

Ok ladies, let?s talk lingerie. You dudes, go on over to the finalgear racing thread and talk superchargers or some such. :D
You're kidding, right? I think we have a handful of tech talking points left , but ladies undergarments are much more interesting.

I've ordered a rather strange bra-like device from a company and am eager to see how it does, but I don't expect it to arrive before the race, so for this event I'll still be in my normal stuff.
Hrm. Actually, the garment shipped today. It'd be nice if I had it this weekend, so could have some on-track time in it before the event.

I've posted this question in a few different communities, both track oriented and bra oriented (yes, there are bra-oriented communities, no, drooling boys are not welcome), and the general findings are if you're a "middle of the road" size, you can find fire protective bras. If any of you are a vaguely "middle of the road" size (or have significant others/friends who are and who need fire protection), I can probably provide a few alternatives. But for those of us who are non-standard sizes, well, we just get melted-into boobies. I'm looking into possibilities for custom made bras out of, preferably, CarbonX or a similar material, but I'm not sure how many makers would want to deal with such a material or what the costs would be.

To give those of you less familiar with bras an idea of the challenges some of us face, I did a few searches on one of my favorite bra sites. In a fairly middle-of-the-road 34D, there were 926 styles found. In my size? A mere 59.

Heh, I found more Bunnywagen pictures from before we added the face.

Whoever says that the 911 is an overgrown Beetle is clearly wrong...

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01377_ed.JPG

...they look way more like Type 3s!

This is the day we decided that the ears needed to be strapped down somewhere else. They kinda...flopped.

It started out fine enough:
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01358a.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01360a.JPG

But then...
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01366a.JPG

They started flopping loose because they weren't tied down in the right spot and they apparently made LOTS of NOISE!, so the bunny ears will have to stay tied down for the race. I don't think we could get away with them being floppy.
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01367a.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01368a.JPG

I think our car's somewhere in the backgrou--ZOMG SHINY.
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ni/ninjacoco/2011/02/17/DSC01376a.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that turned out really well. Looks like ya'll did a great job on the paint and attachments.

I noticed lots of love for Blayde's awesome shirt design on here, so, what the heck, here's a blue version to order: http://fluffybunnyracing.spreadshirt.com/

(Click on "details" to bring up the view of the car on the back.)

All proceeds go towards the Bunnycar, plus...dude, it's got the bunnycar on them. :3

We couldn't find an online shirt maker that had lilac shirts, so there's blue.

n9200715_35218520_9277.jpg

^Theo Bunny approves.

Last edited:
I love seeing the bunnywagen with all of its cousins several times removed! It looks great! Getting excited for next weekend...

Alas for the pinned-down ears. Are there any L-shaped brackets you could attach them to, bent back a bit so they aren't horribly un-aerodynamic?

I don't want to try to prop up the ears for the event. Should they come loose, they make significant noise. It's a bit scary at first, and it's difficult to listen for potential incoming engine problems when the ears flop. With them held down, I can still hear the noises of the engine and transmission effectively.

We have a couple of drivers who have no experience with LeMons. Driving an old falling apart street car is nothing like driving an old falling apart LeMons car, especially when a part suddenly breaks (I've had it happen on both!). I don't want to expose our drivers to an increased potential for sudden, loud, unexpected clunks that might make them think we lost a suspension component!

I love seeing the bunnywagen with all of its cousins several times removed! It looks great! Getting excited for next weekend...

Good luck and post progress etc. :thumbup:

The pre-race scrutineering should be fun, try and video the safety marshalls, who will probably laugh thier asses off. :lol:
(Make sure you pass OK, though!)

I wasn?t too worried about a bra inspection at LeMons, I figured that judges would worry about getting slapped or in big trouble with the wives and girlfriends if they did.:mrgreen:

Anyway, I will find something more cottony if I can and take Ninjacoco?s strategy to heart, mainly ?don?t catch on fire!?

As regards the noisy ears, I agree they need to be tied down if they are going to make distracting noises, I want to know if something is breaking ASAP, see Coco?s strategy above.

Now, considering that I won?t really be driving this thing at race ?speed? until I get strapped in for my first stint I?m a little concerned about how the first corner is going to go. Granted , I drove a similar car for a long time, but now that I drive a much nicer car with traction control and 4 wheel drive(which is pretty idiot proof, the only time in the auto-x and the track days where I felt really out of control was in the accident avoidance exercise the first time, when I found out you DO NOT steer hard and brake hard AT THE SAME TIME, the car seemed to levitate as cones were flying everywhere), I need to remember that I?m going to have to actually drive and not expect that the car is going to bail me out.

So, I think the touch for RWD will come back (it?s somewhere in my brain), however because I?m having to prepare for this remotely (I?ve been watching some in car videos of the track, it?s good that it is fairly flat, one less thing to deal with), I would like to have some key points to think about when going from a car that is pretty grippy and has understeer characteristics to one that?s floppy and oversteers. Also, it pulls to one side still under braking?

I really don?t want to be flying down to the first turn, realize I?ve braked too late and too hard and go spinning off into the field?.:eek:

P.S. Rosencranz and Guildenstern, that's awesome!

Last edited:
It goes something like this:

This is endurance racing. Don't drive the wheels off! If you find yourself wanting to use 10/10ths, remember that the car wants to die! Back off, and give it a fun, friendly Sunday drive!

The car is actually pretty well behaved. It doesn't have bad snap-oversteer characteristics; rather the car provides some subtle, gradual oversteer if you lift mid-corner, and easily pulls out of the oversteer with some throttle. It's floppy, and you'll feel a lot of roll, but I wouldn't describe it as oversteery.

Keep in mind, the brakes on this car are poor. The brake pedal needs heavy application. The brake pedal needs heavy application. However, as the car does not have ABS, you will lock up tires if your brake application is heavy and sharp. Don't be afraid to use leg muscle on the brake, but experiment with it. Brake early and gradually at first and work up to more aggressive braking as you get to know the car and the track. The car will pull under extremely hard braking. That's just how it is with rear drum brakes. The movement of the shoes needs adjustment to reach the drums at the right point in the pedal movement. If this adjustment is not absolutely precise from side to side (and it won't be), the car will pull under extremely aggressive braking. The good news is since it's from the brake adjustment, it pulls the same direction each time and is pretty consistent about it. The pull will change a bit as the shoes wear, but not much throughout a race day. It's something that's easy to adjust to.

Again, I restate, this is endurance racing. The goal is to nurse the car to the finish line. Everyone will be passing you. Expect this. Even if you were the Stig, everyone would be passing you. Our car is slow. Take care of it, and bring me back a running car. Remember to watch your corner stations and watch which side people are using to pass. If you're uncomfortable, just hold one side of the track. We can't prevent people from passing us, anyway, and if you take it easy and give them a wide berth, you'll preserve the car.

We'll discuss driver order the day of the event, but my hope is to get the less experienced drivers (you and coco, primarily) out in the car earlier in the race, when yellows are still a constant thing. This means you'll be in a lot of traffic and you'll need to watch flags, but it means there's no pressure to try for a fast pace - it's impossible to do so safely in that much traffic - so you can take it easy and get to know the track and the car. :)

If you want to practice something before the day of the event to help you prepare, practice spotting and looking for corner workers. As you watch the videos of the track, note them. See where the stands are. I'm sure the videos aren't great quality, but that's ok. Just do your best. Some of the flag workers at this track are a bit hard to spot, so practice being on the look-out.

This is endurance racing. Don't drive the wheels off! If you find yourself wanting to use 10/10ths, remember that the car wants to die! Back off, and give it a fun, friendly Sunday drive!.

Ok, I'll try to keep any tendency toward "testosterone poisoning" under control :cool:

The car is actually pretty well behaved. It doesn't have bad snap-oversteer characteristics; rather the car provides some subtle, gradual oversteer if you lift mid-corner, and easily pulls out of the oversteer with some throttle. It's floppy, and you'll feel a lot of roll, but I wouldn't describe it as oversteery.

Good to know that it's a little forgiving, one of my bad habits is to lift off the throttle a little too fast sometimes, I do remember the fixing oversteer with throttle though.

Keep in mind, the brakes on this car are poor. The brake pedal needs heavy application. The brake pedal needs heavy application. However, as the car does not have ABS, you will lock up tires if your brake application is heavy and sharp. Don't be afraid to use leg muscle on the brake, but experiment with it. Brake early and gradually at first and work up to more aggressive braking as you get to know the car and the track. The car will pull under extremely hard braking. That's just how it is with rear drum brakes. The movement of the shoes needs adjustment to reach the drums at the right point in the pedal movement. If this adjustment is not absolutely precise from side to side (and it won't be), the car will pull under extremely aggressive braking. The good news is since it's from the brake adjustment, it pulls the same direction each time and is pretty consistent about it. The pull will change a bit as the shoes wear, but not much throughout a race day. It's something that's easy to adjust to.

Yeah, no power brakes. This I will have to play with.

Again, I restate, this is endurance racing. The goal is to nurse the car to the finish line. Everyone will be passing you. Expect this. Even if you were the Stig, everyone would be passing you. Our car is slow. Take care of it, and bring me back a running car. Remember to watch your corner stations and watch which side people are using to pass. If you're uncomfortable, just hold one side of the track. We can't prevent people from passing us, anyway, and if you take it easy and give them a wide berth, you'll preserve the car..

My many years of a terrible commute will serve me well here- just stay out of trouble!:lol:

We'll discuss driver order the day of the event, but my hope is to get the less experienced drivers (you and coco, primarily) out in the car earlier in the race, when yellows are still a constant thing. This means you'll be in a lot of traffic and you'll need to watch flags, but it means there's no pressure to try for a fast pace - it's impossible to do so safely in that much traffic - so you can take it easy and get to know the track and the car. :)

If you want to practice something before the day of the event to help you prepare, practice spotting and looking for corner workers. As you watch the videos of the track, note them. See where the stands are. I'm sure the videos aren't great quality, but that's ok. Just do your best. Some of the flag workers at this track are a bit hard to spot, so practice being on the look-out.

This is a really good thing for me to practice, at my track days I was relying too much on my instructor to watch the flags- of course I was probably going a lot faster than this car is going to go, and our local track (Pacific Raceways) has trees all around it so sometimes the statons don't stand out very well next to the greenery.

Your car looks entirely too complete for T-5 days (Jesus, two consecutive weekends? MADNESS.)

Last edited:
It's been entirely too complete for about 5 months now. It's been essentially running and ready since just before its last LeMons race, back in September! Sometimes it feels like cheating to run a car that's completed multiple races in the past, but really, this engine is about to go.