Bunny Rabbit Racing (working title)

Holy lulz, my face matches the wheels! Oh, sunburn.

Mmm, dat tail.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/02/21/3TkH.jpeg

needs to be sticky'd

BTW, for those who have asked, I have more information about the Fluffy Bunny's engine. This information comes from the person who had the engine before Bo (and before it was in the Bunny). The engine is from a 1979 van, 2L, originally fuel injected (but now carb). The engine had 250,000 miles on it before it made it into the Bunny. The vans in the US got the Type 4 engine, and it was enlarged for the later years. Confused yet? :D

Last edited:
I told Coco about this tonight, but I think the rest of you should know. I had a chat with Judge Scott last night, who will be there next week, about the Fluffy Bunny. He was very excited about the idea of an all female LeMons team (while there have been some in the past they're few and far between), that the car was a former IOE winner, and that you were going with a bunny theme. So you will be expected at BS, for better or worse. :p

Mmm, dat tail.

I know you had vetoed the idea of something fluffy between the ears, but the tail sure looks like the puffalump "hair". If the ears are going to be tied down, maybe it would be a good idea to have the hair up there to provide some character. Haven't made my tail yet, I'll see if I can make it bigger for more lulz. We can experiment.

Oh, and I did find more cottony undergarments (didn't find any 100% but got closer). I did have a different problem than you and equi in that I'm a pretty average size and as such, they tended to be sold out. Sizes smaller or larger, up to a point, plenty. It's always something....:rolleyes:

Hmm. Well, the shirts lack hair, so I think it'll just lack hair. I don't want anything to flop over the windshield and be a distraction, anyway.

Bring what you've got and we'll see about it before BS. Maybe it could be on for BS and off for the race?

I'm bringing the box of Puffalumps. :D

Hmm. Well, the shirts lack hair, so I think it'll just lack hair. I don't want anything to flop over the windshield and be a distraction, anyway.

Bring what you've got and we'll see about it before BS. Maybe it could be on for BS and off for the race?

I'm bringing the box of Puffalumps. :D

The will hair probably get squished at "speed" anyway so the effect would be lost, and after looking at the car on the shirt more carefully I now see there is no hair there so good point.

The other problem is that my flight gets in at 3 on Friday and by the time I get to the track tech may be over, is BS at the same time? If so, there's a high likelihood I won't get the tail and lace there in time....ok, forget the tail switch. Maybe I should Fedex you the lace and flowers so you can put them on the plates for BS?

Here I am trying to go all "Concours de Elegance" on the Bunnywagen. Time to go to bed.

I don't know if FedEx will get there in time.

Lace would be a quick fix, as would flowers and such.

I think the last time I went to LeMons, tech was allll afternoon. From, like, noonish 'til 5 or 6 or something. 3 with an arrival at probably 4 at MSR-H, maybe? Plenty of time to lace a license plate and maybe attach a few flowers here and there.

The tail is bungied on, so that's not too hard to switch out if you've got a funnier version. I like how this one's fluffing out, though.

Tech is something like noon to 5PM (with BS at the same time as tech). We are not waiting until the last second, just in case they find something we need to fix. If the plane lands at 3, it'll be past 4 before arrival, as it'll take some time to get off the plane, gather things (I know there's no carry-ons to get, but still...), get the car, drive to MSR-H, get lost a time or two on the way (just because that's how the world works), get in the track, find us...

BTW, for anyone driving to MSR-H who hasn't been there before: To get to MSR-H when going south on 288, you turn left on County Road 48. However, there are two county road 48s on the trip. There's one fairly north, and then there's a county line (or two), and then there's another County Road 48. The one you want is just after a very gentle bend in the road. There's a subtle green sign with white lettering (similar to an exit sign) pointing out the track. However, this sign may be referencing the kart track or something, rather than the road course. Depending on your navigation style, you may want to watch mileage or something like that, just to be sure you get the correct CR48.

Tech is something like noon to 5PM (with BS at the same time as tech). We are not waiting until the last second, just in case they find something we need to fix. If the plane lands at 3, it'll be past 4 before arrival, as it'll take some time to get off the plane, gather things (I know there's no carry-ons to get, but still...), get the car, drive to MSR-H, get lost a time or two on the way (just because that's how the world works), get in the track, find us...

BTW, for anyone driving to MSR-H who hasn't been there before: To get to MSR-H when going south on 288, you turn left on County Road 48. However, there are two county road 48s on the trip. There's one fairly north, and then there's a county line (or two), and then there's another County Road 48. The one you want is just after a very gentle bend in the road. There's a subtle green sign with white lettering (similar to an exit sign) pointing out the track. However, this sign may be referencing the kart track or something, rather than the road course. Depending on your navigation style, you may want to watch mileage or something like that, just to be sure you get the correct CR48.

So, are there any speed traps on the way to the track? Just in case I get carried away in my enthusiasm to get there :rolleyes:

The officers in the area keep an eye on the MSR-H schedule and know racers will be arriving. They'll be around. There aren't "speed traps" per se, but there are "hills" in the road for overpasses. They'll wait on the downhill side. Also, keep your eyes on the oncoming traffic, too. They're not above turning around and coming back after you. Sometimes the officers are on the Angleton -> MSR-H side, rather than the Houston -> MSR-H side, and I don't see them every time I go, but LeMons brings in lots of people in a hurry, so they tend to be around. They also tend to show up around 7:00 AM for the Driver's Edge events (and somehow, I always go through just before they arrive, for those events).

Oh, and I would lovelovelovelovelove anyone who wants to show up. It's not every day I get to show off most of my Puffalump collection...

Is there a plan for updating this forum as we race? And pictures and or video? Twitter ?(I don't tweet, maybe I will for this) My friends and family have been asking about how they can get updates...
I will be bringing a camera that also does HD video, but most likely won't have my laptop to upload anything.

Ooooooh...cameras!

I don't mind popping into this thread sometime during the race for texty updates. My phone has internets. :)

There's a wifi signal at MSR-H, but it's typically VERY loaded down with everyone trying to get on during the race. I think it's a little better in the clubhouse, but pics and video might have to wait 'til afterwards.

If I lived in/near Texas, I'd show up. Since I don't, best of luck to the team and to the Bunnywagen!

Ooooooh...cameras!

I don't mind popping into this thread sometime during the race for texty updates. My phone has internets. :)

There's a wifi signal at MSR-H, but it's typically VERY loaded down with everyone trying to get on during the race. I think it's a little better in the clubhouse, but pics and video might have to wait 'til afterwards.

My phone has internets too and Verizon has digital coverage so I can post here but no promises about it being coherent o_O