Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms fails to do their job, and it costs lives.

Oh how sad, you can't continue being wrong because the FBI is motoring your internet. Please let us know when Uncle Sam will let you come out and play again ok?

Not my internet specifically, but all of the DFW metroplex. There was a mention that they were going to do exactly that for an 'indeterminate time' at one of the press conferences after they caught the guy looking to blow up Bush, IIRC.

And, since I happen to like bidding on support contracts at places like Texas Instruments and Raytheon, I don't want to go out of my way to antagonize the people involved with security clearances. Of course, that's just an unimportant concern of a working adult, not some Aussie student who probably has never worked a day in his life. /sarc

It does not pay to piss off the people who can cut you off from your contracts and/or throw you in jail on 'conspiracy to commit' charges - at least without having a large legal team on standby. Which I don't have.

Last edited:
That does not stop people from browsing/searching and finding this thread.

Very true, however the only effective way to monitor traffic in a particular state would be deep packet inspection on the backbones, which https will prevent.

I wasn't the one who brought jets into this. Why don't you take it up with the people with an unrealistic expectation of what firearms can do?

Also, here's your refutation. Congratulations, you got suckered by a lying, spinning agenda-driven media. Again.

Only a small fraction of weapons being used in Mexico were traceable to civilian sales in the US. Additional info (and the link to the GAO information used to generate the report) is available at the source link.

The "90% of weapons in Mexico came from the US" meme is bull.

They checked less than 25% of the weapons. And what I remember reading a while back(a year?), that they only checked the ones they could get full serial numbers, because it is pretty useless trying to track something without the numbers.

Every time one of those pesky tunnels is found, they find drugs coming in, guns and money going back. Hell, the "Fast and Furious" operation tracked thousands of guns going in. If it wasn't for the murder of the US agent in Mexico, we still wouldn't know about it.

Sorry to necro, but:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...e-in-airplane-after-flight-from-philadelphia/
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) ? Investigators say they now know what caused a small hole in a US Airways plane that traveled from Philadelphia to Charlotte Monday.
Sources say a stray bullet struck the rear of the Boeing 737-400 as it was landing in Charlotte.

A pilot making a pre-flight inspection during a lay-over discovered the hole towards the rear of the aircraft.

?He noticed a small hole in the exterior of the fuselage towards the rear of the aircraft,? said US Airways spokeswoman Liz Landau.

Landau said the Boeing 737 arrived at Charlotte from Philadelphia. She said there were no apparent problems during the flight.

?We took the aircraft out of service to do a maintenance check with our maintenance team, and we?re working with the appropriate authorities, including the FBI in the investigation,? Landau said.

Officials say the hole was visible on the outside of the plane, but it did not go through into the cabin.

Sources say the plane was not the target of terrorism, and investigators have reviewed security footage.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ng-plane-hit-by-bullet-near-charlotte-airport
CHARLOTTE ? Two government sources confirmed Tuesday that a hole found in a US Airways jet Monday in Charlotte was caused by a bullet.

The hole was found near the fuselage in the back of the plane at Charlotte Douglas International Airport. Sources said a bullet was also found inside the Boeing 737-400.

The government officials believed the bullet was fired in Charlotte after passengers had deplaned.

The FBI's evidence response team was investigating. No one was hurt.
Gun fired at aircraft on ground, penetrates outer skin but not cabin lining. I believe some sort of smug comment is required.

I really doubt that it was fired on the ground near the plane. The story we are seeing would be totally different. They do say that it was a stray round that probably came from Charlotte. My theory is that somebody fired a gun, within a mile of the airport, into the air and it landed inside the plane. You also see the guy taking photos in the one video while looking toward the top of the plane.