Burnout Crash

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Don't get excited.

The reason why Paradise was garbage, was there was no crash mode. By the looks of things, this ain't Burnout... or good.

1834510-burnout_crash_xbox_360_1310072022_001_super.jpg

Burnout: Crash is a downloadable game. With that bit of information and the word "Crash" in the title, it's not too tough to figure out what this XBLA/PSN release might be. And your assumptions are (mostly) right. Burnout: Crash takes the fantastic Crash mode from games like Burnout 3: Takedown and spins it out into its own game. Considering the puzzle-like nature of the mode, it's well-suited for a short-session downloadable game. But Burnout: Crash doesn't just yank material from the previous games and repackage it. Criterion's building an all-new game that lets you look at your crashes from an all-new perspective.

The other piece of the Burnout: Crash puzzle should come into focus once you know that it's a top-down game. It looks sort of similar to the old Grand Theft Auto games, though this is a polygonal game. The basic idea is the same, though. You'll select a car, with heavier cars like the B-Team Van creating bigger explosions than the lighter, faster models, and you'll drive into traffic. Once you've crashed, you can guide your car around in mid-air using aftertouch, which is something of a Burnout staple. This lets you curve and glide around as you attempt to slam into as many different cars as possible. Should you find yourself at a standstill, you can execute a crashbreaker--again, nothing you Burnout aficionados would be unfamiliar with--to pop back up and keep moving. A meter on the screen, governs the use of your crashbreaker, but the idea is that you'll be able to blow up every five or ten seconds, keeping the action moving.

Oh, and it has optional Kinect support. <_<

Linky

I actually wasn't really a fan of the crash part, but it seems stupid for it to have been left out of Paradise. Also this looks stupid.

Do_Not_Want.jpg

Wish Criterion wasn't wasting their time on this and instead working on another retail Burnout game (and not crappy NFS either).

looking at the image in Aston Martins original post. the game looks like something more from a iPhone/Android mobile app game.

It gets worse. Giantbomb quick look *It's PAX so they're loaded.

Try and watch the thunderstorm.... fuck me, I was never going to get this game, the thunderstorm makes it worse.

It gets worse. Giantbomb quick look *It's PAX so they're loaded.

Try and watch the thunderstorm.... fuck me, I was never going to get this game, the thunderstorm makes it worse.

I thought the host introduced it as Burnout Trash. Hehe. I can't believe they put Autolog in this garbage.

Criterion needs to go back to Burnout retail games. Haven't made a good game since Paradise. Imo of course.

Ok manged to download the trial. Like Paradise, it has menu after menu after menu after menu.
Not only does it look like GTA 1 & 2, they've stolen the GTA radio too. Like the good old days of crash mode, the AI vehicles are always in the same place, so you learn which to hit first. Unfortunatly like Paradise it has the explode to move feature. Which I don't like. What made the 'proper' crash mode soo good and replayable, was you had one chance. You steer and hit the crashbreaker, you have no other controls.

If it was sub ?5. Then it might be worth the couple of hours you'll kill. But like Zonda said, it's essentially a bloated .99 ios game. We all know it's coming out for the Ipad. Wether EA want to admit it or not.

Giantbomb bombcast.

"Sounds awful."
"Roadtrip is the worst mode."
"Best is the 90 second mode."
"Repetitive."
"It's literally a multiplayer party game?"
"Autolog doesn't have variety."
"Would be great, short blasts on an ipad."
"It's not really fun for single player stetches either."
"Long load times."
"Is it worth $10?" "It's not terrible, I played it for a while and then I lost it."
"Put that on a phone."
"Started as a Wii game."
"From the people that brought you Burnout... goddamn it."

*Insert overused Jackie Chan pic.

[video=youtube;VZ7-QidH8R8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ7-QidH8R8[/video]

and they wonder why I despise 360's and their owners.

GiantBomb review.

Criterion Games has spent the past decade perfecting the video game car crash with its smash-happy Burnout franchise--a series that, much like NASCAR, is ostensibly about racing, though everyone knows the real draw are the spectacular car crashes, explosively rendered in Burnout with an almost fetishistic care. Even when it?s not the main focus of their attention, such as in last year?s Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Criterion has still been able to deliver satisfyingly crunchy car crashes. With this pedigree in mind, it?s easy to see the potential of Burnout Crash, a downloadable title that retains most of the hallmark mechanics, yet strips clean the racing element, putting the focus squarely on creating as many charred chassis and as much twisted metal on the asphalt as possible. It?s an idea that probably wouldn?t carry a full-size game, yet seems like it could be a good fit for a downloadable title. So why does Burnout Crash feel so underwhelming?

In part, it?s because the game struggles with order and chaos, with gameplay that naturally favors pure pandemonium and a contrasting primary gameplay mode that demands nuance where mayhem is in chronically short supply. More fundamentally, though, it?s because this is a trifle of a game, without much meaningful gameplay variety from beginning to end. That?s not to say there aren?t fleeting moments of fun, or that there?s no skill to performing the perfect car crash. Once you?ve cracked the code on how to approach an intersection and when to trigger subsequent explosions, though, it turns monotonous pretty quick, and the game?s attempts to extend the experience with social hooks and bonus objectives ring hollow.

On the Xbox 360, you have the option of playing Burnout Crash with Kinect, with a specific party mode designed to take advantage of it. Stepping around the room as though you?re walking on a giant D-pad to influence the aftertouch is effective enough, if not particularly exciting, though in a party evironment, there?s something to be said for forcing players to jump in the air, clap their hands, or squat like they?re laying an egg to trigger the Crashbreaker.

It?s not a completely disappointing experience, but I felt like too much of my time with Burnout Crash was spent almost having fun. In a way, that?s almost more frustrating than if Criterion had whiffed it completely, since you can see the game that you?d want to play right in front of you, and yet it remains just out of reach.

3 stars.

Linky to full review

Fuck you, Ipad looking game.

The game is like a .99 iOS title.

it's essentially a bloated .99 ios game. We all know it's coming out for the Ipad. Wether EA want to admit it or not.

:lol::lol::lol: Bingo!

http://www.1up.com/news/burnout-crash-headed-ios

Burnout Crash is coming to iOS later this year, the platform it arguably should have been on from the start.
Burnout Crash sounded like an exciting proposition when its name first popped up. After the absence of Crash mode in Burnout Paradise, a game dedicated to the fan-favorite mode would be most welcome. More details made their way out before its official announcement, namely that it would feature a top-down camera view -- a fact that turned many people off. 1UP's review last month pointed out how the game felt out of place on consoles -- it was released as a downloadable title on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 -- but would feel right at home on iPhone or iPad.

Electronic Arts apparently felt the game was a great match for iOS as well. It's now slated for a release this "holiday season" on select iOS platforms -- iPad, iPad 2, and iPhone 4 are mentioned in the press release, but we're checking on 3GS and older models with EA. It still features three game modes, 18 traffic junctions, six locations, Autolog support, and an '80s soundtrack with Vanilla Ice and Gloria Estefan, among others.

No price for this version of the game was announced. The console game costs $9.99, and with the gap in between releases, the iOS version may end up being a few dollars cheaper.