• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

BUYING CAMERA IN 24HRS FOR BDAY PRESENT PLEASE HELP!

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
hey guys its my bday on monday (9th) and i want some advice on getting a poket camera.

right now i am aiming for the best in the market coz i wont be paying for it, neither will my family. reason is my dad made investments in to a company and they gave us like 13k worth of fortress vouchers which are like best buy shops. we spend like 7k already after getting a xda 2s and home 2.4ghz phones, althoguh ppl are on 5.2 now =.="

yeah so what i see as the best currently are the CASIO exilim EX-Z750 and '

the new sony Cyber-shot? DSC-T7 Digital Camera
DSC-T7

or

Cyber-shot? DSC-W7 Digital Camera
DSC-W7

which ones do u think i should get, or what other model ? both aroudn the same price as well

moreover is there something i should get instead? or sometihng betteR?

thanks alot in advance

jason

OMG LOOK AT ME!!! I CAN TYPE IN ALL CAPS JUST LIKE JASON!!!! :bangin: :lol: :p

And personally I prefer Canon. Their lenses are the best, period.

^ COSIGNED. GET YOSELF A CANON, IT'S DA SHIZNIT 1!11!!!!11111

I've bought a Ixus 30 three months ago (I believe it's called digital elph in the US) and it's the best compromise between portability, automatic and manual settings available. I believe the Canon Exilim is completely automatic, so you're stuck with the settings the camera decides are best.

I suggest a canon as well... but out of the 3, I would choose the W7... I personally won't buy the casio... I have a Z40 and from the Lense flair thread, you can see picture quality sucks :lol: ... that camera was my worst gadget choice so far... well apart from my Sony Ericsson T630 :lol:

Ixus 30, the camea I've bought.
canon_I30v.jpg

Specs:http://canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_compact_cameras/digitalixus30_specs.html
And some sample pictures. Outdoor, indoor, people, the whole lot. (Pictures are resized to 1024x768)

damn... I'm so jealous... I'm still crying over my bad choice on digicam.. I should have asked the experts :(

I have a Canon S45 and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Well, maybe the new S70 :mrgreen: If you want portability, go for the Ixus series, the 30, 40, 50 or even the 70. You don't need all that resolution, but you can use it as zoom (make a high res photo, and crop what you want).

I've read mixed reviews about the Ixus 40, some say the picture quality isn't as good as the 30 and it has a few issues. I Don't know much about the 50 and the 70 though.
However, I would check http://imaging-resource.com/ for reviews. They have this fantastic picture comparison feature.

evoWALO said:
I'd go with canon. Go for the Canon PowerShot S2 IS or Canon PowerShot SD500
I don't know if that's what he wants. I wouldn't call it a pocket camera.

i jsut watch a click off cnet and the cannon powershot sd500 is crazy! donno if they sell it in hk. is it big? compard to the ones i mentioned

yeah i have considered that. i mean, battery no need for spare i dont think. but card yes. i want a sony one but their cards cost a lot more compared to normal SD man.\\

jasonchiu said:
yeah i have considered that. i mean, battery no need for spare i dont think. but card yes. i want a sony one but their cards cost a lot more compared to normal SD man.\\

Remember me when your battery drains out when most needed, aaaight?? 8)

I have a Canon S1 IS, man I love this camera. It had 10X optical, but it is very smalled compared to other cameras in it's class :thumbsup: Makes great vids too: 30 fps at 640 x 480