C/D: Next Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 all but confirmed

I personally liked the look of the first gen, and the HP numbers are definately something that gets my attention. But if it can't tow or otherwise fulfill the Utility portion of SUV, its a Pass.

SUV's were never designed to tow anything really substantial. The Utility moniker had more to do with being able to throw a fair amount of shit in the back.

It's a Jeep with over 500hp. Fuck corners, just point where you want to go and drive through everything in the way.

i prefer the european way of going around things over the american way of going through things and smashing them. :D

^ Lamer... :p

I do like this... SRT8s are always a welcome sight. The problem I have is that this new GC is based on the old M-class. Who's stupid idea was that.

It's probably lost all of it's 4x4ing capabilities now. (the regular one... the SRT8 was never meant for the dirt)

It's seems each gen GC has gotten softer and softer. unfortunate really.

Any new news?

Any new news?

Has anyone heard anything recently on the SRT8? I've seen the spy shots floating around and I've been to several dealerships in the area to see if there has been any internal rumors but no one has heard anything. I'm hoping they will announce something soon...

Sweet! I'm not a huge fan of the WK but the SRT version went like a stabbed rat and sounded just epic. Hopefully this one is even better. The spiritual successor to the Niner lives on!

This.

I'm not a HUGE fan of the new GC, but the SRT8 version is just too cool. Before the X5M came out they held the SUV 0-60 record. I'm sure they'll be reclaiming it with this.

My dad has one of the first gen's. It's the second fastest thing that the entire Chrysler family makes; the first being the Viper.

It turns boys into men. I love it. I hope this one is just as crazy.
But the most unforgettable machines turn men into boys. I'm confident that Jeep will deliver.

A buddy of mine was test driving an 09 Jeep SRT8. I remember seeing it for the first time (then, not knowing anything about it), and thinking "eh". But when we got in and he punched it, I was absolutely shocked. I've NEVER giggled that much in my life from shear amazement of how fast thing thing got off the line carrying all 6000+ lbs of itself. Even the salesman was giggling and egging him on. Not even the Challenger or Charger SRT8 models feel this fast. Truly epic (and don't even get me started on the epicness that is the exhaust note, lol.)

Since it hasn't been posted yet, the 2011 or 2012 (whichever it becomes) Jeep SRT8 has been in testing for some time, some people are claming it'll have the same 470hp as the 392 SRT8 Challenger, but I'm thinking it'll squeeze out a bit more, closer to 490 (maybe even 500 just for bragging rights)...here's a spy shot:

SRT8.jpg