http://img42.imageshack.**/my.php?image=997turbo1.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.**/my.php?image=997turbo2.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.**/my.php?image=997turbo3.jpg

tu15sv.JPG

tu25fx.JPG

dfs.jpg

997turbo2.jpg

@Jensked: this one's for you ;)

Mmm, more power, and more importantly less weight. And of course looks awesome, as all 911's ;)

Thanks for scannig/posting.

pdanev said:
Mmm, more power, and more importantly less weight. And of course looks awesome, as all 911's ;)

Thanks for scannig/posting.

I didn't scan it myself. Found it at another board. But I know there are some Porsche fans here , so I thought to post it.

I?m stupid, but what?s C&D? :bangin:

jensked said:
:thumbsup: thanks, it's just my favourite sportscar...nice pics and a very informative article...

the Turbo S -> more than 500 bhp :shock:

My favorite Turbo model is still the 993 Turbo (S).

And C&D is indeed Car and Driver (US mag IIRC).

Sometimes I get very confused by all those letters. In one particular thread, I had no idea if FG meant "Final Gear" "Fifth Gear" or "Family Guy", because the thread was changing direction with every post! :lol:
Thank you!

freerider said:
jensked said:
:thumbsup: thanks, it's just my favourite sportscar...nice pics and a very informative article...

the Turbo S -> more than 500 bhp :shock:

My favorite Turbo model is still the 993 Turbo (S).

meee too!!! the 993 Turbo is god

Good to see Porsche is bucking the current trend of more power with more weight. Those performance specs are amazing, look at the 1/4 mile time!!! :shock:

klutch said:
Good to see Porsche is bucking the current trend of more power with more weight. Those performance specs are amazing, look at the 1/4 mile time!!! :shock:

More weight? It weighs less than the previous model.

wow a 3.6sec to 60! this is what the C-GT does!

doesn't anyone else find amusing that the top speed is "drag limited"?
Of course it's bloody drag limited

( I know it can be limited by the gearing or rev limiter and that is worthy of commentary, cuz it would go faster otherwise, but if it is drag limited it's not gonna go faster unless you reduce the weight, up the power or reduce drag, i.e. redesign the car)

ezrollers said:
doesn't anyone else find amusing that the top speed is "drag limited"?
Of course it's bloody drag limited

( I know it can be limited by the gearing or rev limiter and that is worthy of commentary, cuz it would go faster otherwise, but if it is drag limited it's not gonna go faster unless you reduce the weight, up the power or reduce drag, i.e. redesign the car)

Weight has no influence AT ALL on a car's top speed (if you're driving on a level road that is). It just affects acceleration.

Drag is the killer. Unless, as you stated correctly, the car is limited by it's gearing (ie: reaching max. revs in top gear) or electronically, a car's top speed is limited by the amount of power that's needed to generate to overcome the forces by drag.

On topic again, I kind of like it, but as some others here, a 993 Turbo is what I'd really have!