C&D Saleen S7 twin turbo test

Hmm, I'm surprised it did so well, and boy does it look so awesome.

the saleen article was good but the moseler is unbelieveable, in my opinion that gives the zonda a run for its money

the saleen is disgusting, too many fins and slots and holes, basically just a racecar for the road.

Dins said:
the saleen is disgusting, too many fins and slots and holes, basically just a racecar for the road.

I disagree, I think the design and the look of the car is sweet. It says "Speed" and "Velocity" and "Ferocious" to me. It just looks so fast.

jayjaya29 said:
Dins said:

I disagree, I think the design and the look of the car is sweet. It says "Speed" and "Velocity" and "Ferocious" to me. It just looks so fast.

so? just because it looks fast doesn't mean it looks good. i'm not saying it is a bad driver's car, most racecars aren't, but that shouldn't intrude on the fact that the vehicle looks ugly. functional, but ugly.

Not that big of an S7 fan, i think that they are only alowed on the road in the USA

Some part of me just cant be bothered with that Saleen.. If it's because it's American and vulgar,
soul-less or ugly I'm not sure, it just doesn't appeal at all.

Give me some italian history and penstrokes, put together by germans. (Who said Bugatti?)

No Boss said:
Dins said:
too many fins and slots and holes,

bartboy9891 said:
however it just doesnt tickle my fancy

exactly how I feel. It just looks like a wannabe Batmobile.
Fine with me.

More pictures:
saleens7tt05.jpg

Saleen-S7-biturbo-2.jpg

saleens7side.jpg

I think it looks amazing, and if you're willing to look past the blue-collar badge you'll know that upstarts like Saleen and Koenigsegg and yes, Pagani are perfectly capable of producing fast, sexy cars that rival the established players. Plus, the Saleen wins races.

yes, it is fast.
but yes, it is ugly. the back looks old and dated and is too long, the sides are full of fins, the wheels don't fit into the spaces provided.
the ride is too harsh, it's too loud inside and powerdelivery is so unpredictable that it's almost useless on the road.
it is a racecar for the road and that never works. supercars are still roadcars, so you can get home in them without your ears bleading and your eyefluid having turned to emulsion.
i like aggressive, loud cars, i really do. i'd rather buy a sagaris over an slk55, but this is just too much racecar and too little sophistication. so i'd rather buy a zonda, it has the power and the light weight, but it is almost relaxing when you need it to be and neck-snapping when you want it. and it looks better and has one of the best noises ever.

Dins said:
yes, it is fast.
but yes, it is ugly. the back looks old and dated and is too long, the sides are full of fins, the wheels don't fit into the spaces provided.
the ride is too harsh, it's too loud inside and powerdelivery is so unpredictable that it's almost useless on the road.
it is a racecar for the road and that never works. supercars are still roadcars, so you can get home in them without your ears bleading and your eyefluid having turned to emulsion.
i like aggressive, loud cars, i really do. i'd rather buy a sagaris over an slk55, but this is just too much racecar and too little sophistication. so i'd rather buy a zonda, it has the power and the light weight, but it is almost relaxing when you need it to be and neck-snapping when you want it. and it looks better and has one of the best noises ever.
Because you've driven it and felt firsthand the harsh ride and the bleeding eardrums, of course.

It's easy to make fun of supercars from behind a computer. Admit it, though: if one drove past you today, you'd still stare.

that is not the point, don't mislead from the topic.
no, i haven't driven a s7 and neither has anybody here. this is obviously all based on articles written by professional automotive journalists, like all arguments about most cars here.

as jezza said so nicely: "if i was given it, i'd love it, i really would. i'd defend it to the hilt. but would i buy one, with money? no."

yes, i would look at it, because i don't usually see one around. but in comparison to other cars in it's class, supercars, it simply fades away.

so please, next time you comment on something i said, make it relevant to the discussion at hand.

Dins said:
that is not the point, don't mislead from the topic.
no, i haven't driven a s7 and neither has anybody here. this is obviously all based on articles written by professional automotive journalists, like all arguments about most cars here.

as jezza said so nicely: "if i was given it, i'd love it, i really would. i'd defend it to the hilt. but would i buy one, with money? no."

yes, i would look at it, because i don't usually see one around. but in comparison to other cars in it's class, supercars, it simply fades away.

so please, next time you comment on something i said, make it relevant to the discussion at hand.
Quoting magazines and JC only gets you so far. Anybody can regurgitate something from Road and Track, but it makes no difference unless that person drives the car themselves and experiences what the road tester felt themselves. Granted, I doubt you've driven a Saleen S7, but don't go saying things like, "the power is unusable" and "the ride is too harsh" if you haven't experienced them firsthand, because it's silly to say such things about a car that many will never drive in their lifetimes. Plus, you didn't cite what magazines said that, so it seemed like you had known that yourself.

is this a forum or an academic journal?

many users here don't even have a driver's license, so you can safely assume that when anybody talks about ferraris and mercedes and such, they base their information on other sources.

if you want to be pedantic, then i can only comment on the looks.
so here: it looks ridiculous.

but as far as i perceive the system of things to function, automotive magazines are there so readers like me can create an opinion about something we are likely not to ever see firsthand, based on what professionals tell me about the vehicle. so when i read a couple of storys about the saleen and they tell me that it is noisy inside, always, then chances are, it is.