Cadillac CTS could be a fine new Opel/Vauxhall Omega

Kowalski

Why don't GM sell the CTS as the new Opel/Vauxhall Omega? It would be much better than trying once more to sell it as a Cadillac and fail again.

I'm not sure how well Opel/Vauxhall would do in the large saloon segment, considering some of the competition. Also, the CTS is only 37mm shorter than the Insignia. Yes, the RWD would be a plus but you can't make a substantially larger car based on the CTS.

Reasons that come out of the head: 1) Its body panels are too square, it's impossible to make it look any different
2) They wanted to give Cadillac one more chance
3) They think people would like lots of chrome on their car

But the most realistic reasoning is 4)GM is full of idiots who don't realise that option even exists

Ah, I was thinking of selling something base on the CTS as an Omega. Selling the CTS as the Omega wouldn't work because it doesn't fit in the Opel brand look at all, as pointed above.

Trust me, the Omega won't sell anymore as an Omega, because the Omega was an big Multipurpose Travel-vehicle, or a stunning Workhorse, with a bit of a premium-flair, in it's latest years. In wother words: A big Volvo without sharp edges!

And this doesn't fit in the Opel Range that much anymore, might only if it would be a Holden Commodore-shape with an Opel-face, they actually planned it once, but left it again, and now the VE Commo is allready old too. Honestly Opel f*cked it up firstly to gave it an direct successor, and now they wont catch up anymore. The Signum couldnt reach the Omega even slightly, it was just an Vectra hatchback with a fridge instead of a 5th seat.

I like the Omega alot, my father still owns one, but I think the Omega is dead, it just disapeared into the pages of history, so did the Senator, the Scorpio, the Alfa 166 and lots others such kinda "BMW's for the small budged".

Great news! :D

Actually I only can think of 3 Cars in this sorta range that are still going, the Saab 9-5, the Honda Legend and the Citroen C6, and maybe some other cars normally to be sold in the US.

I'm not sure how well Opel/Vauxhall would do in the large saloon segment, considering some of the competition. Also, the CTS is only 37mm shorter than the Insignia. Yes, the RWD would be a plus but you can't make a substantially larger car based on the CTS.

They did. It's called the STS.

There's this cop, not wearing his uniform jacket, his shirt emphasizing his enormeous beer belly, leaning on his car like he'd be a cool American cop. Only he's leaning on this piece of shit.
--A friend of mine witnessing maybe the last Omega in Berlin that has not been junked: a cop car.
i089404.jpg

Last edited:
Why don't GM sell the CTS as the new Opel/Vauxhall Omega? It would be much better than trying once more to sell it as a Cadillac and fail again.

Ford won't sell any of their large US cars in Europe for the same reason, wouldnt be financially viable (nobody asks for them) and it would mess up their average emission figures, which would cost alot of money.

For every vehicle produced between 2012 and 2018 car makers will be penalized ?5 per unit for the first g/km of CO2 and then ?15 for the second gram, ?25 for the third gram and ?95 from the fourth gram onwards. From 2019: ?95 per gram.

Last edited:
I give you this:
rt.i.holden.WM.statesman.sandstone.fr.640.480.JPG

anyone need a Senator C? :p

That's very stately and classy and IMO, whatever the next generation of it, should be the next Impala. I know they sell it as the Caprice in other markets (and here as a Police only car) though.

Of course, it won't be.

And by classy you mean dull and generic. :p