Cake vs. Pie: The Ultimate Showdown!

Koenig

Mankind has long pondered the question: Cake or Pie?

Well ponder no longer! We will now settle his debate once and for all! And not just simply Cake or Pie, but even the specific kind of each delicious dessert.

In the spirit of March Madness, make your choice!

Yes I shamelessly ripped this from Jezebel.com. No, don't ask me why or how I was on Jezebel.

http://img89.imageshack.**/img89/147/cakevspie.jpg

If enough people vote I may actually be bothered to keep tally and progress along the brackets until we have a champion.

Nothing can top the lemon meringue!

Birthday cake. Simple and super delicious, especially if it has "wedding cake" icing. Oh, ice cream cake, too.

And... people actually eat fruitcake? I thought those things were used solely as doorstops.

Birthday cake. Simple and super delicious, especially if it has "wedding cake" icing.

You're combining cake types now. That's just crazytalk.

Sure, but it's up against Pumpkin pie. We all know how much you crazy yanks love pumpkin pie.

Last edited:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to flydiscovery again.

Lemon meringue: King of Desserts!

For the record my final would be Lemon Meringue v. German Chocolate.

Last edited:
Here's my completed bracket. I got Ice Cream Cake taking it all over Cheesecake.

http://img248.imageshack.**/img248/6785/cakevspiecomplete.jpg

Wildcards: pancakes vs peach cobbler. *laughs*

Hmm..this is one thing that causes me to see brackets like these and see faults inherent in the process.

For instance, Peanut butter pie might not beat Boston Cream...however, it would be French Silk, I think. And I think Banana Cream would beat brown sugar to advance. Just two "teams" switched could change the face of the entire tournament.

Awe man, I didn't look closely enough. How could I pick a winner in lemon meringue vs key lime in the pie semi-finals? My 2 favorites. Mmmmmmmm. Pie. Maybe I'll make some lemon custard.

Cake vs. Pie

*cue Latin chanting

Cherry pie vs. Ice Cream cake would be the Final I reckon

apple pie trumps all, hands down

Specially when it's the one made by ME!
1594478028_480e6755ea_o.jpg

Redliner, that appears to be closer to cobbler...and if we are adding cobblers to the fight, nothing can compete with peach cobbler.

Hmmm....I don't think that qualifies as cobbler.
Cobbler=dough poured over everything
Pie=dough sorrounding filling
Am I right?

I can't never say no to a birthday cake if it's got marzipan :)
but lemon meringue (or lemon pie ;)) it's one of my favourites
and the pine nut & honey tart... without the pinenuts

Bah, what about all those weird niche hyper expensive hybrid cake/pie/pudding/whatever that you get in fancy restauruants/hotels?