Call for suggestions on torrent hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dygear

Car(s)
1992 Ford Mustang LX
I'm am calling for suggestions for a new host for the .torrent file hosted here. Can you post unique links only, and if the user has to sign up to download the torrent file.

Post Format:
PHP:
[b]URL[/b]: ${URL}
[b]Sign Up Required?[/b]: Yes || No

The results of this thread will then be put into a poll, where people can vote for what they want the next torrent host to be.

Last edited:
We will not require users to register to download.

We are in the process of setting up an alternative for the torrents, which should be ready in a few days.

We will not require users to register to download.

And I agree that's a bad idea, but no stone should be left unturned. In the poll sites that require registration will not be added, that was meant to filter results, but leave the option here, just in case.

We are in the process of setting up an alternative for the torrents, which should be ready in a few days.

And this is a closed processes that has so far produce a disastrous result. We all appreciate the work the Admin and Mod team do here, but I beg that you consider things outside of your box. Allow to community to vett the sites, this way it will not reflect bag upon the leaders of the website if the next setup implodes also. We will only have our selfs to blame.

Last edited:
And this is a closed processes that has so far produce a disastrous result.

In what way has it been disastrous? I for one found that downloading the SD and HD versions from bt-chat proved to be far quicker than when they were linked off of Mininova over the same period (within minutes of the torrent being posted) so I'm quite pleased with the new choice.

And if people think they can do better, then go right ahead. We can't host torrent files. The BBC says HELL NO, and will contact our host to have us shut down. That is why we rely on third parties to operate trackers and the .torrents.

You can choose to either have a great community that stays legal, or one that has the founders in jail.

I'm writing, but I don't think anyone is reading what I'm saying, at least it could be there are a few things lost in translation.

In what way has it been disastrous?

A website that requires an augmentation of the default browser to view it without causing a bottle neck / shuddering / crash. It very nearly crashed my browser, and there have been other reports of such instances with other browsers. But I am glad it worked for you, it's good to hear success storys. I'm just alarmed by the bad ones.

The .torrent hosting has nothing to do with download speeds and we're already working on a solution.

And I never said that it did, that's great. Why the secrecy with the solution ... Why not just tell the community and let us check out the site for you, see if it has some pit falls that you have not found. Why is there all of this behind the curtain kinda stuff going on, feels frankly collusive.

And if people think they can do better, then go right ahead. We can't host torrent files. The BBC says HELL NO, and will contact our host to have us shut down. That is why we rely on third parties to operate trackers and the .torrents.

You can choose to either have a great community that stays legal, or one that has the founders in jail.

I also never suggested that the torrent should be hosted here. I'm calling on the wisdom of the community to see what people already use, already like and go from there.

Somehow, I think Quiky and the guys have at least one contingency plan lined up. I have a feeling that the torrent links on bt-chat will supplement the new solution, at least for a little while.

Why are you so concerned about what we are doing?

Thanks for this thread, but we have it under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.