Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

single player is 5 hours long

lolwut

Saw it being sold today for ?44.99 in HMV. walked out of there laughing, no way are they making me pay that much for a game that will only last me a few hours. I'll get it for the campaign but not for the multiplayer. The campaign of Call of Duty has always been fun but i've often been bored by the multiplayer. Too many kids all running around yelling at each other or their latest attempts at singing. At best i'll wait until it drops down to ?19.99 at least.
Also i find myself wondering how much of MW3 is what was originally intended and what else has been made up from the Inifinty War walkout.
Plus also I hate both Activision and GAME at the moment so they can all choke on each other before getting my money.

Saw it being sold today for ?44.99 in HMV. walked out of there laughing, no way are they making me pay that much for a game that will only last me a few hours. I'll get it for the campaign but not for the multiplayer. The campaign of Call of Duty has always been fun but i've often been bored by the multiplayer. Too many kids all running around yelling at each other or their latest attempts at singing. At best i'll wait until it drops down to ?19.99 at least.
Also i find myself wondering how much of MW3 is what was originally intended and what else has been made up from the Inifinty War walkout.
Plus also I hate both Activision and GAME at the moment so they can all choke on each other before getting my money.

QFT

I agree with every single word in that post.

they have used the same shitty multiplayer setup as mw2 which is shit. I am disappoint.

I wanted proper hosted serveres not these games where it just throws a bunch of random people on a random map

single player is 5 hours long

lolwut

How is any of this new and/or unexpected?

360 version, I guess? PC ain't so bad. Or at least the last 3 weren't...
I guess I'll get the game sometime soon, maybe pirate it for the SP first. Still too much life left in UC3 and FM4...

So i'm debating between this and Battlefield 3 for PS3. I'm not that great at these games, but loved Modern Warfare 2....also have Black Ops. Never played any of the battlefield games though. Really not sure if I should stick with what I know or try something new/different.

Everyone (5-6 people) who I've talked to who have played it so far (SP and MP), say it is just a carbon copy of MW2, very very little has changed and that it is very disappointing, even though they are the most ardent of COD fanboys.

As usual games reviewers seem to be falling over themselves to rush out reviews saying how amazing it is, though.

So i'm debating between this and Battlefield 3 for PS3. I'm not that great at these games, but loved Modern Warfare 2....also have Black Ops. Never played any of the battlefield games though. Really not sure if I should stick with what I know or try something new/different.
I'd actually recommend Battlefield 3. The Single Player won't be as good as the single player campaign's of Call of Duty. However the Multiplayer is more than worth it. Plus also i don't believe Call of Duty Elite is a worthwhile venture and is another example of Activision milking the cow dry and not interested in actually game improvement.
Everyone (5-6 people) who I've talked to who have played it so far (SP and MP), say it is just a carbon copy of MW2, very very little has changed and that it is very disappointing, even though they are the most ardent of COD fanboys.
As usual games reviewers seem to be falling over themselves to rush out reviews saying how amazing it is, though.
Not surprising, Activision and Infinity Ward rushed this one out. The fact that it is still using the same game engine as CoD4:Modern Warfare speaks volumes. Makes me wonder how much Activision has paid for these reviews and their high scores.

Well, reviewers grade games based on their own merits, only rarely do they actually consider the previous installment. (I know I'll be beaten by a trout for this..)

well I just finished the single player campaign of MW3, took just under 5 hours, the same as BF3. I did enjoy the MW3 SP better then BF3s, yes its totally linear and not very long but it packs a hell of alot of fun in it, and tons of "holy shit!" moments they do better than anyone. I was starting to enjoy the BF3 SP but it feels like it should have been a couple hours longer, right when the story starts getting good, it just ends. WTF?

But overall, its hard to be impartial about MW3 after spending all last month playing BF3. MW3 just feels horribly outdated. Im running BF3 on my new PC build with a GTX560 and DirextX11, it almost makes the graphics difference look like PS2 vs. PS3. And its not just the graphics, the sound design in BF3, the cracking of bullets going over your head, the way that guns sound different indoors/outdoors, the sound of wind in trees and water, its just so much more immersive.

Dont think I'll be playing too much of the MW3 multiplayer, played for about an hour and if you sat me down in front of it and told me it was MW2 i dont think I would have noticed a difference, its true, its just a $60 map pack, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about MWs every-man-for-themselves style of gameplay. I'll keep playing BF3.

The SP was fun in the way a Michael Bay movie is fun, but even Michael Bay would scoff at the plotholes in this thing, they were big enough to crash a plane through.

The SP was fun in the way a Michael Bay movie is fun, but even Michael Bay would scoff at the plotholes in this thing, they were big enough to crash a plane through.

oh yeah, the level of suspension of disbelief required is bigger than the Eiffel Tower...crashing onto a bridge! :D

they have used the same shitty multiplayer setup as mw2 which is shit. I am disappoint.

I wanted proper hosted serveres not these games where it just throws a bunch of random people on a random map

Didn't they say this will have dedicated servers?

They do have them, but not for leveling...
Supposedly (don't have the game yet) you'll have to NOT use the "extra" gfx setting but the "native" one. Extra, for some reason is 720p blown up whatever you are using... And every single gamer with a decent machine will probably choose extra ;-)

well after playing multiplayer a couple more hours Im sorry to say its just incredibly boring. You either run around in circles shooting at each other or camp and shoot at each other. I used to do this with the old CoD's for hours but I guess BF3 has ruined me, theres just no sense of progress or purpose at all like there is in BF3. :|