Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

they have two teams that work in alternate years, treyarch produced blops last year and world at war 2 years prior

I'm well aware. ;) But, Activision is milking this thing for all it's worth.

I sold my copy last night. In my opinion, Battlefields MP is far superior. I see myself playing it much more. I did enjoy the SP.

It did make me a bit sad at one part.....

Soap...:cry:

Less health than MW2? So everything is one shot one kill now?

Nah, the health seems the same, and only hardcore mode is basically one shot kills. Regular multiplayer has normal damage.

It's basically MW2 with new maps and a few other added bells & whistles. The MP is familiar and still pretty fun as usual, as long as you don't expect anything revolutionary, and who really does in COD? They have a good formula that doesn't really need to change a whole lot. I'd actually be pissed if it did.

Last edited:
Nah, the health seems the same, and only hardcore mode is basically one shot kills. Regular multiplayer has normal damage.

It's basically MW2 with new maps and a few other added bells & whistles. The MP is familiar and still pretty fun as usual, as long as you don't expect anything revolutionary, and who really does in COD? They have a good formula that doesn't really need to change a whole lot. I'd actually be pissed if it did.

Your health no longer regens in hardcore either. Making Juggernauts kind of useless as a killstreak in hardcore.

Your health no longer regens in hardcore either. Making Juggernauts kind of useless as a killstreak in hardcore.

I didnt think it regenerated in hardcore MW1&2 either, but I guess it's been awhile. I like non-hardcore better anyway.

I've been having trouble with the reduced health in MP MW3. I was never that great at hardcore and now it's always much more like hardcore since it only takes 2 or 3 shots to take you down. Even semiauto snipers kill with one center-mass shot.

Has anyone found a map they really like? The map design this time around doesn't seem as good.

I played it quite abit now( lvl 40 prestige 1) ..for some reason it just doesnt have that new cod feeling anymore , its too similar to mw2 , and i dont like the maps as a sniper . love em as a smg/rusher . but as a pc player , i was happy to see they brought dedicated servers , its awesome how people are just modding and adding new game modes like''reverse gun game'' from black ops and sniper lobbys and promod. id give it a 8/10 ..seeing mw2 to me was 6 and cod4 a 10 =P

The game is universally unliked by users and yet so many reviews are giving this game 100/100....
It makes me wonder just how much Activision has paid out to the video game reviewers because that is one big error being made there.

It's because reviewers usually don't take previous iterations into account.

The game being like the previous cannot objectively be held against it. If that were the case, Madden would get progressively more sucky according to critics as time goes on. One has to assume that the purchaser of the current title liked the previous title, or has never played the previous iterations.

Compared to the other shooters hitting the market now, MW3 being an 80 makes sense. It's mostly graphical in the cons, and questionable game balance. But it kills on content. I wish BF3 had the co-op and map quantity MW3 has.

Meta-critic also suffers from fanboy abuse. It's been years and years since the last true BF game, and lots of players are out there with malice in mind. GameFly is showing an 8.1 average user rating with similar vote counts. Having to pay for the service helps keep the fanboyism down.

Last edited:
The game is free to play on Steam this weekend so I tried it out.

I seriously cannot believe how bad the graphics are. They look like something that came out a year ago rather than a few months ago. I guess they did a 1:1 port from consoles and didn't even bother including better graphics.

Looks aside, it is way too easy to kill or get killed in my opinion. You can just spray bullets at someone and kill them nearly instantly. Aiming for the head like I do in BF3 is pointless in MW3. Hell, being tactical is nearly worthless.

Frankly I felt like I was playing an expansion pack for Black Ops or any of the COD titles that came before it. Shame really. So glad I never wasted money on it.

Looks aside, it is way too easy to kill or get killed in my opinion. You can just spray bullets at someone and kill them nearly instantly. Aiming for the head like I do in BF3 is pointless in MW3. Hell, being tactical is nearly worthless.

Exactly. COD use to be fun. But people started taking it WAY to seriously. Including Activision. I don't care how much money it makes. It's just shows just how many sheep there are in the world. I love when a COD kid starts playing BF3 and they get destroyed. I fully believe any BF3 player has more skill than any average COD player.

Exactly. COD use to be fun. But people started taking it WAY to seriously. Including Activision. I don't care how much money it makes. It's just shows just how many sheep there are in the world. I love when a COD kid starts playing BF3 and they get destroyed. I fully believe any BF3 player has more skill than any average COD player.
Agreed, I like to think that BF3 has massively improved my abilities. Activision are a cancer on the game industry at the moment. The sooner they go out of business the better.

VqKSE.png

Lj2et.png

Qlx9M.png

The game is universally unliked by users and yet so many reviews are giving this game 100/100....

because fanboi's are on there giving it 0/10 - it might not be everyone's cup of tea but there are far shittier games out there

Yeah, I never trust metascores reviews on either side. When a big game like this comes out, usually the paid reviewers give it too high a score. Then you have the army of trolls who come out and give it a far worse score than it deserved. Really, the only opinion I care to think about on games is my own.

Agreed, I never listen to game reviews either. One persons classic. Is another persons turkey. The only game company I give the benefit of the doubt is to BioWare. Plus I tend to listen to friends opinions, especially those who have similar interests to me.

I reckon I have about a 70% success rate of picking games I enjoy, last sucky purchase was dungeon siege 3

^ I don't have any games I don't enjoy. But, I almost never buy a brand new game day of, and usually play it a good deal before I decided whether I want to buy it or not. I own 18 games for my 360, 4 of which are normal xbox games that I kept and could play on the 360, and 1 is an arcade game. I do not own MW3, only MW1 and Black Ops.

I found the source code to MW3:

Vq5qp.png