Call of Duty: World at War

cl191

Car(s)
lawn mower
Anyone played that yet? I got my copy this morning and I have to say this is a big disappointment. It only took me like 5 hours to finish it (waaaay too short) and the ending is disappointing. I wish they had just stick with the Pacific Campaign and skip the Battle of Berlin bits which has been featured just about every single WW2 FPS game in the last 5 years. The game also feels repetitive if you have been playing the original titles. The bonus zombie map however, was more fun than I expected, but then I love zombie stuff :lol:

Am I the only one who plans on getting this for the multiplayer?

The multiplayer is very good on PC. I know some people have thought "WTF? Another WWII game?".....but really the last good WWII game was COD2 and that was 3 years ago. I think it's nice having a newer one with better graphics and such.

I've been playing it quite a bit (beta and now full version) and am loving it. It's quite similar to COD4 (which is a good thing, because people would complain if it were TOO different), but it has some nice improvements such as:

- Some bigger maps than COD4
- Tanks
- More game modes than COD4, such as Capture the Flag and War (similar to Domination, but the flags must be taken in a certain order, so the battle is more focused)
- Squad system (similar to BF2's squads, where you can give orders, and your squad members tags show up a different color and on the map, and you spawn close to them, so teamwork is much easier)
- Friend system (similar to xfire, but built in)
- Vehicle Perks
- You can hear the enemy say things such as "Grenade!" by default, which is a gameplay improvement over COD4
- More ranks and a Prestige Mode
- You can release a pack of dogs on the enemy instead of helicopters
- 4 player Co-op Campaign and Zombie mode (on the PC too)
- You can deploy a bi-pod for the machine guns on ledges and windows
- Cool new weapons such as a Flamethrower, Poison smoke grenades, Molotov cocktails, etc.

......and some other things that I can't remember :D

Last edited:
I loved the beta on Xbox 360...definitely going to pick this up tomorrow at Best Buy and get my free copy of Enemy at the Gates DVD.

"The savages have let their dogs out!"

Pass. I just can't get into WWII games anymore.

As long as there are guns and people to shoot, who really cares if it's WWII or modern? Personally, I think I prefer WWII after going from COD4 and now back to WWII. It just has a more genuine/nostalgic feel.

planning on getting it, but not straight away, too many good games have come out recently and not had time to really finish them, fable 2, fallout 3, farcry 2, deadspace and gears of war 2. too many games, too little time.

The campaign is always pretty short. That's why the MP makes the game so great, especially with the Prestige system.

True, true. Although, I guess I won't mention that the ferris wheel part of the COD 4 campaign took me 2 days. :lol:

Try it on Veteran :shock:

ARE YOU MAD? :lol: I tried the 'follow the accent guy until his leg gets snapped' on veteran, and I swear to God and all things holy; dogs were hiding in boxes, bushes, dead bodies. THEY CAME OUTTA NOWHERE LIKE NINJAS. I gave up. Horrible.
:lol:

True, true. Although, I guess I won't mention that the ferris wheel part of the COD 4 campaign took me 2 days. :lol:

that part of the game took me forever to do, one of the few occasions where i would normally throw the controller away in a temper tantrum screaming "it can't be done!" but instead carried on.
also a good part of the game where you have to think tactically. like where to plant the claymores and where to hold out. first time i completed it i ran on to the helicopter and forgot about the guy i was meant to be saving. just screaming "get me the frak out of here!"

It's rubbish. I loved Call of Duty 4 in a major fanboy way, to the point of completing the near-impossible veteran mode...that bloody plane level still gives me nightmares!

What treyarch have done is just take Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 4 and make a WW2 mod for it and sell it for full price. Unlike modern warfare, we've seen these these threatres of warfare too many times before.

I loved COD2 online and it sounds like this game won't dissapoint either. A 5 hour campaign is just sad, but I can't wait to get online, park somewhere with a Springfield and piss people off. If it's just a WWII skin over COD4 bones I'm fine with that.

amandalea said:
ARE YOU MAD? I tried the 'follow the accent guy until his leg gets snapped' on veteran, and I swear to God and all things holy; dogs were hiding in boxes, bushes, dead bodies. THEY CAME OUTTA NOWHERE LIKE NINJAS. I gave up. Horrible.
:lmao: I love that level.

Minimum requirements?
Processor: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or better
Memory: 8 GB free hard drive space, 512 MB RAM (XP)/1 GB RAM (VISTA)
Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256 MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better