Call of Duty

bigfoot1942

i play it online for quite a while now, i just played on a server and i was all over the place... even everybody else was in this one clan i was like pure ownage :p

im sorry its this dark but i cant help it... mspaint is all i have ATM :p
anyhow, once you see it full-size its clearly readable.

I have Call of Duty, but I've never played it. Used to play the demo loads, then finally got the game and haven't played it - lol.

Currently I just use it for benchmarking. Speaking of which, has anyone played Chronicles of Riddick - it's a fantastic game, but I only play games on full settings and currently I can't do that without an upgrade - which really took me by surprise. I can play Doom 3 and Half Life 2 on full settings at over 60fps, but Riddick won't run above 10fps - lol

Overheat said:
Currently I just use it for benchmarking.
seems rather useless to mee... CoD is really easy to run, as you can see i run it at 1600*1200 and i have AA at 6x and AF at 16x, and i have it frate limited at 85Hz (the highest my screen allows) and it works without a sweat.

Overheat said:
Speaking of which, has anyone played Chronicles of Riddick
No...

but i heard a lot of positive things about it... but afaik it shouldnt be very heavy on your system... are you sure that's normal?

jensked said:
I played them both on the hardest level ;-)
hardest level... what's that?

...ohhhhh you mean you play singleplayer..... i never do that :p only with HL2 i did that because it looked so good and there was no Multiplayer...

:p

Been hearing loads of cod, have the game myself but I've never taken the time to get into it.

And as for riddick, I've got it and actually played it for some time.

Some screenshots from some time ago:

Its right up there with doom3 and hl2 in the eye candy department.

And what Overheat said, well i remember there being one option to ajust the shader quality (something like that) and the highest option was for teh 6800 family. I myself haveing a 6800 card changed it to that straight away only to find it play at about 5 fps. Unacceptable. Checked thier forums and found out that no card out today is able to handle that quality settings. So just woops up graphics setting cept for that one option and you shoudl be fine.

Yeah, Riddick came outta now where, but is a decent game. Have only played it for a few minutes, but I should give it another go.

As for COD, I don't really like it. I can't remember if I've actually played it or not, but I've seen video and screenshots and isn't really my cup of tea. The teams are too small (3v3? WTF, comon!) and it's all infantry. For that kinda stuff, might as well play CS or DOD.

I prefer the Battlefield titles because with them, you get to drive tanks and fly planes and helis as well. Sure, I love the occasional infantry map, but nothing beats 36 or so players in a huge ass map going at it with planes, helis, tanks, infantry, boats, etc.

Viper007Bond said:
Yeah, Riddick came outta now where, but is a decent game. Have only played it for a few minutes, but I should give it another go.

As for COD, I don't really like it. I can't remember if I've actually played it or not, but I've seen video and screenshots and isn't really my cup of tea. The teams are too small (3v3? WTF, comon!) and it's all infantry. For that kinda stuff, might as well play CS or DOD.

I prefer the Battlefield titles because with them, you get to drive tanks and fly planes and helis as well. Sure, I love the occasional infantry map, but nothing beats 36 or so players in a huge ass map going at it with planes, helis, tanks, infantry, boats, etc.
okay but isnt co-opping pretty hard with 36 players?
and btw the expansion on CoD actually lets you drive tanks and jeeps...

Co-op? BF is object based. You work together with people to cap flags and stuff. There's more teamplay than you might think.

Viper007Bond said:
The teams are too small (3v3? WTF, comon!) and it's all infantry.

You can find COD servers with up to 64 people in them, I believe some even go higher than that.

I played all the MoH and CoD titles as well, also the addons...

Quite good, But MoH:AA stood out... I LOVED the game... But considering I strted playing CoD recently for the second time, it has to be quite good as well...

Buba

I know someone just like you - you're sick :p

Here's a lovely screenshot from when Terrorists and CT became good friends :)

RE: Riddick, I've had to turn off the top shaders too - what's that all about? :(

Heh, how did you get that much money? I thought that the max was 16000?

And yes, that riddick thing is wierd. Oh well, at least they get to brag that their game is too demanding for todays hardware :)

jensked said:
brr I don't like games with monsters and aliens...gives me the creeps

I really liked Far Cry, untill I saw the monsters halfway through, I sold the game :)...

Just like me...

Buba