Calling all German BMW Experts (that means you, thomas!) - Fabric Help Please

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
My Financial Director at work has a rather tidy '91 325i M-Tech cabrio. He is gradually working on getting to near concourse condition.

One of the issues it currently has is wear to the seats. He has a trimmer who can do the work but isn't having much luck tracking down somewhere he can buy the correct fabric. I figured if anyone can find a stockist (assuming any exists anywhere) it will be the hive mind of Final Gear and most likely somewhere in 'Schland.

The photos below should be clear enough and any help identifying a source gratefully received.

What he's looking for goes by the name of 'klimaleder' and I wouldn't hold my breath on finding any, though assuming this is a right hand drive car, finding the seat part, of a whole chair from the left hand drive market might be doable, it's quite rare stuff, especially in concourse nick.

Still, not that long ago there was a guy in America who sold his roll of M-Technik seat cloth for something like $2k, and just a few days ago I saw a roll of the very same stuff for about 300?, so I'd say patience is his friend.

Any chance of a link to that roll?

That's only the seatback though, and the seller states he would trade it off for a seat bottom.

Sadly that's a complete backrest and it's the seat pad that needs help but awesome find nonetheless. I'll send him the link anyway in case he wants to bag it.

To be honest, if he's heading for concourse then that's not a bad investment at the asking price, the leather on that one is showing wear.

Found an unsold pair of backrest and seat pad cover for a hefty 780 Euros: http://www.ebay.de/itm/141610391846 - maybe you/he can contact him and negotiate the price down.

That auction appears to have ended but I can't see if the item actually sold. Would one of my German friends mind contacting the seller please?

Yes, the auction has ended on Saturday, but it hasn't been sold, otherwise there would have been a highest bidder.

I can contact the seller. Does the financial director have a maximum amount what he wants to spend? Let me hazard a guess, 780 Euros (560 Pounds) is too steep?

More than a bit. Ian would do ?250 including shipping for a hassle free sale but would you mind contacting the seller saying you have a seriously interested buy in the UK and ask what his best price would be?

I can do that. If he doesn't want to ship to the UK I can act as middle man, either by forwarding the package or by handing it over to you at 'ringmeet.

Any chance of a link to that roll?

I've been out of town for a while, and as I probably failed to express in adequate detail, the fabric I was referring to is of this type: M-Technik.

Though if anything, that stuff is worth more (in theory anyway) than the klimaleder, I am under the impression that the half-leather is still more rarified.

Apologies if this only serves to confuse, but I figured it's worth more than nothing.