Calling to all PSP Slim owners

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
I'm now totally tired of carrying around and playing UMD games, so I decided to mod my PSP Slim to play homebrew games. To people who have hacked their PSP Slims to use the custom m33 firmware, do I need the Pandora battery permanently to use the custom firmware or can I just use the Pandora battery and fat PSP to install the custom firmware, then revert back to the original PSP battery or do I have to convert the slim battery to a Pandora battery??

I have M33 firmware on my fat PSP, and I think installing custom formware is the same on the slim.

The Pandora battery (or 'Tool' battery) is just there to allow you to enter the PSP's service mode and downgrade to the oldest firmware, ready for upgrade to M33. once you have downgraded the PSP, that's it, you don't need it any more, and you can use your normal PSP battery.

Hope this helps. :)

Matt

matt2000 is completely right. You will need to turn the fat PSP battery into a Pandora battery to perform the downgrade and install the custom firmware. AFAIK, it is impossible to "Pandorize" a slim battery, so you have to use a "fat" battery. Once the custom firmware is installed, you can use the slim battery normally without losing the ability to use homebrews.

DS graphics suck compared to PSP.

Plus, you can do a lot more with a hacked PSP, besides playing "backed up" games.

You can do Mario Kart with the N64 Emulator? I bought the PSP mainly for games like Gundam Seed ,Final Fantasy, God of War, and maybe GT Mobile (if they ever get around to releasing...). I just got a friend whose done this before to help me out since he has a fat PSP. Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait until I put my 4GB memory stck to good use :grin: I'm also going to try out the new PSP Maps app as well as custom themes and portals. I'll be sure to "backup" all my UMDs too.

Is there a way you can play Zelda Phantom Hourglass on the PSP?

No, but I don't want to any way :)

I like to stream DivX to my PSP from my PC via wi-fi. The screen rocks on the PSP for vids.

I also run VNC on my PSP so I can control any PC's desktop on my network. Nice to be able to manage torrents and stuff from the couch :D

Despite Sony being a bunch of evil money-grabbing cunts, the PSP is a fantastic platform. So useful once haxxored up..

And once you put M33 3.8 on it, you can do a network update right from the PSP to the latest HACKED version.

The only thing I don't like about the PSP is the slow web browser. I might actually have a shot at the pandora battery thing tomorrow. Is it difficult at all? From what I've gathered, it seems simple. I'm just afraid that I might mess up my PSP or my friend's battery. To restore it to a normal battery, do I have to use the fat PSP to do so?

The only thing I don't like about the PSP is the slow web browser. I might actually have a shot at the pandora battery thing tomorrow. Is it difficult at all? From what I've gathered, it seems simple. I'm just afraid that I might mess up my PSP or my friend's battery. To restore it to a normal battery, do I have to use the fat PSP to do so?

Easy to do. Copy the files to the memory card, insert pandora battery+memory card, power on, hit flash.

Creating/restoring a pandora battery requires the fat psp due to Sony's hardware changes in the slim.

Yup got it to 3.71 m33 and loving every minute of it! Now I'm deciding whether I should upgrade it to 3.90 m33 or not. Crisis Core is a total blast on the PSP! Can anyone recommend some other good games? I heard that TOCA 3 is available for the PSP.

Colin McRae 2005 is my favorite racing game for PSP.

Other games I like: MX vs. ATV, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Pinball, MLB '08: The Show, FlatOut: Head On, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Grand Theft Auto, Namco Museum, Sid Meier's Pirates!