Camaro barn find

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/371161/an/0/page/1#Post371161

Here goes. I have kept my mouth shut as long as I can. Thanks to Stefano I have just acquired probably the nicest survivor 70 Z28 there is. It has 1100 miles and has not been outside or driven since 1973. No drag car stories etc. Norman, the orig owner drove it sparingly for the first three years and had every intention of driving it for years. But one day a friend of his sister's opened a car door against it and gave it a door ding. He got so mad he parked it. It has been in a climate controlled room ever since. Never had the oil changed and Stefano says it still looks like new. Spare etc has never been out of the car. I don't think the air cleaner has ever been off. Bought new at Fencl-Tufo. Still has remnants of the window sticker on the window. Norman threw the sticker away because it was just going to be his car. He saved all the other paperwork though. Orig air in tires. Car has never even been waxed. I have a few pics but will get more. Jason Ayers and his friend Dan met with Stefano and Guarise at Normans place today and loaded it up in Jason's trailer. Jason is hauling it back to Iowa and was going to give it a light cleaning but after looking at the car he is not sure that it should be touched. If any of you know Jason, he is that kind of Anal about orig stuff and the guy I wanted primping it. It is that kind of car. Thanks Stefano, Jason, Mike, Dan... And Thanks Norman for preserving this great car. This is amazing.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2009/01/05/371161-tn_1970SurvivorZ28020.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2009/01/05/371163-tn_1970SurvivorZ28026.jpg

:blink::shock::shock2: It has the original air in its tyres.

Holy snap, i'm drooling over here again :drool::wub: I just love those 2Gen F-Bodys.

Not quite the Bugatti find, but still quite nice. Whoever wrote the article, though, must have run out of stuff to say...

Orig air in tires.

:lol:

Edit: It's not entirely original...

However, It has regrettably had two bolts turned on it and that was for removal of the original battery years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah the tyres were an interesting read. I'd flip it though, and advertise the car something like this

for sale : '73 Camaro. Was never serviced. Dent in door needs fixing. Original tyres. Call XXX for details....

crazy people saying put it back in the garage. It's a car it's meant to go. If you want a shiny house decoration get one that doesn't run anymore.

But one day a friend of his sister's opened a car door against it and gave it a door ding. He got so mad he parked it.

One door ding and he parks it for 30 years? Makes you wonder about the owner. Was he a obsessive-compulsive serial killer, by any chance? :?

I would normally say sell it to GM Heritage, but that would be ironic as they're currently undergoing the Great Purge right now. Maybe Petersen or some likewise auto museum wouldn't mind completing their Camaro collection? I always thought the 70-73s were the best-looking, least ironic Camaros built anyway.

The owner gets pissed over a door ding and all of a sudden he's like, "That's it, I'm parking it forever"???

bsflag.gif

Something isn't adding up.

Am I the only one questioning the "Original air in tires" statement?

Maybe that has to do with being kept in a climate cooled garage (no fluctuation in temperature, not expansion and contraction of materials, no lost air?), but after THIRTY YEARS wouldn't they be flat?

The owner gets pissed over a door ding and all of a sudden he's like, "That's it, I'm parking it forever"???

bsflag.gif

Something isn't adding up.

I agree with you and BlaRo. WAAAY too fishy.

Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this.

As much as I love my car and don't want it to get damaged what good is it if I don't drive the hell out of it? Driving like an idiot is my favorite activity :mad:

Fill the tank up with high test and lay down some 11's on the blacktop with those round hockey pucks out back!

Off to tell my dad about this right now. He loves Camaros :D But, really, what a great find! Although, yes I agree, the door ding thing is a bit fishy...someone hit my dad's Camaro in a roundabout and he couldn't afford to fix the scratch but he still drives the hell out of the thing - and he says he's never gonna get rid of it. :)

Would be nice to see it be driven, but I sense this is just going to be driven from trailer to trailer to auction to trailer to new collectors garage then be parked again and left there. The real value in this car is the fact it's essentially new, so a serious collector is going to keep it that way.

Yeesh... a motor just sitting there for 30 years? That's gonna take some work. I do hope they don't try to start it without giving it a good going over.