Can anyone from the US help me to fight a scammer?

Luca

is meh.
So I sold a headphone for 185 USD on Head-Fi.org to someone in Cape Coral Florida, they paid via Paypal, and I sent the headphones. Fast forward a month, and paypal contacts me saying that the buyer initated a chargeback for "item not received". So I am -185 USD in the red. I uploaded the receipt with tracking number as proof and both Post.at and USPS show the parcel as Delivered: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=CA002090595AT

I am pretty sure this person is trying to scam me because I was never contacted again by the buyer asking "hey where are the headphones" or anything. Also, the person doesn't respond to e-mails and never logged back into the head-fi.org forum.

Although I have proof of shipping and USPS shows it as delivered I would like to substantitate my case with Paypal even further. On the right hand side of the USPS tracking website it allows to get a "return receipt after mailing" which I would like to get, however after signing up with USPS and going through the payment process for the 5,25$ for the PDF of the signature my austrian credit card always gets declined because I don't have a US address on the card and the form does not allow for non US addresses :(

I don't know if I can still make Paypal payments with the minus balance, but I would like to try to paypal someone the 5,25 and then can anyone from the US with a US credit card and a USPS account pay the 5,25$ for the PDF? It would help me a great deal to provide proof of delivery. :cry:

EDIT: CrzRsn helped me TY!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what return receipt you're talking about. The $5.25 fee is for a service you buy when mailing an item to make sure they get it.

When you originally shipped the headphones, did you fill out an customs forms with the buyer's address on them? Whenever I mail something internationally I need to fill out something like this

eBq5JNX.png

The number circled is the customs number/locator that can be used on the USPS and local postal service websites. If you have something like that, provide a copy to Paypal and cross reference it to the usps tracking report showing that tracking number has been delivered to the correct address. This should be enough for them to deny the claim. If you don't have the form, can try to go to the post office you shipped the package from and see if they still have a copy on file - I think they're supposed to keep those for a while.

If possible, try to do this by phone after uploading everything, you'll get much better and quicker results than working through their dispute system/email.

Last edited:
Yes I have the customs form and it shows how I correctly filled out the address and it also has the sticker of the tracking number with a barcode. I uploaded that long ago to Paypal.

the way I understood I get the signature if I pay the 5.25.

"USPS Return Receipt After Mailing Online service provides an email-transmitted PDF of the signature record on file at USPS to customers with eligible tracking numbers.

This package is eligible for an electronic Return Receipt After Mailing request.Return Receipt After Mailing info icon

Return Receipt After Mailing request will cost:
$5.25"

I can click on it when I entered the tracking number.

Last edited:
Present all you got to PayPal. Even though PayPal, much like eBay is strongly for the customer getting refunded, all the paperwork should deny his request.

Jesus.

Some time ago Paypal granted me Seller protection and released my funds.

Now though, the case is re-opened saying the credit card company / Bank and the scammer are still at it with the chargeback and are rebuting paypals rebutal :/