Can I use a Windows Live 360 controller to play this game?

Lightning Count

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I am thinking about getting this game, but I don't have a wheel for my PC (do have the brilliant Xbox 360 force feedback wireless wheel though) and naturally using the keyboard and mouse will be nearly impossible to control.

Also is it easy to use with Live for speed, as it in say Forza 3?

Brilliant MS wheel? Huh?

But yeah, you should be able to play LFS with the 360 pad. There could be problems with the standard combined axis, though... And since the game isn't designed for the controller, I guess you should check out the demo first.

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I am thinking about getting this game, but I don't have a wheel for my PC (do have the brilliant Xbox 360 force feedback wireless wheel though) and naturally using the keyboard and mouse will be nearly impossible to control.

Also is it easy to use with Live for speed, as it in say Forza 3?

I used the MS wheel for a while way back when. There is no force feedback on the PC, but it is better than using a controller. You can get a fairly inexpensive wireless adapter from Microsoft that will allow you to use it.

If by 'Windows Live 360 controller' you are referring to a standard Xbox 360 controller, then yes, it works with most PC games. Depending on which game you're playing, there is indeed force feedback.

The wired version plugs into a USB port and the wireless version needs the adapter that MadCat linked.

I tried it, yesterday and it worked like a treat. I simply uses the Left analogue for acceleration purposes as well as steering. E.g pushing forward on the stick the car accelerates, pulling back applies braking. So the combined axis was no problem, it actually works pretty well. Also it is basically just an Xbox 360 pad, should have typed that in the thread title, anyway, I have both wired and wireless, I just used to normal USB wired one, the game automatically detected and recognised it, so just had to configure buttons for shifting gear etc.

Have downloaded the S1 licence and am having a blast so far. :D

Last edited:
Hmmm you can use the triggers just like FM. The right and left trigger are on the same axis. You just can't do brakestands :p