Can sony actually fit any more nails in the PS3's coffin?

Q: What is Sony?s thinking behind leaving the Emotion Engine off the motherboards of PAL PS3s?

Phil Harrison: ?Our thinking involves being able to bring the latest hardware specification of the PS3 to Europe, although that does mean an initial slight reduction in the number of PS2 components. But it?s important to put that into context: there will still be thousands of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles playable on the PS3 at launch. It?s very easy to over-react. We?re working to introduce a resource on the Web to detail which titles will have backwards compatibility. And as we make firmware upgrades, we will be able to add to that list.?

Q: Can you give us a ballpark figure for the number of PS2 titles which will be playable at launch on the PS3?

PH: ?The situation is changing every day, but on March 23, we expect the list to include over 1,000 PS2 titles.?

Q: And presumably, you will be concentrating on the big titles?

PH: ?We can?t give any information about specific titles but, clearly, that would be our policy.?

Q: What is Sony?s thinking behind leaving the Emotion Engine off the motherboards of PAL PS3s?

Phil Harrison: ?Our thinking involves being able to bring the latest hardware specification of the PS3 to Europe, although that does mean an initial slight reduction in the number of PS2 components. But it?s important to put that into context: there will still be thousands of PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles playable on the PS3 at launch. It?s very easy to over-react. We?re working to introduce a resource on the Web to detail which titles will have backwards compatibility. And as we make firmware upgrades, we will be able to add to that list.?

Q: Can you give us a ballpark figure for the number of PS2 titles which will be playable at launch on the PS3?

PH: ?The situation is changing every day, but on March 23, we expect the list to include over 1,000 PS2 titles.?

Q: And presumably, you will be concentrating on the big titles?

PH: ?We can?t give any information about specific titles but, clearly, that would be our policy.?

Nothing but meaningless words. I don't care how official it is.

I never said it did. It is just big news thats all.

Fine Ill put it in the other tread. But it kinda has to do with the tread title. But O well.

Last edited:
I never said it did. It is just big news thats all.

Fine Ill put it in the other tread. But it kinda has to do with the tread title. But O well.

not really, seeing as how its positive news

So it is positive the Sony might put in rumble after they already said it is last generation technology and is not needed?

So it is positive the Sony might put in rumble after they already said it is last generation technology and is not needed?

lol you xbots are never happy, first its "sony suck they dont have rumble"
now its "sony suck, there going to have rumble"

and it is possitive as now sony and Immersion are on good terms

God this is the exact argument I had before. Sony is changing their promise and going back on what they said previously.

Before rumble is last gen and all the sony fans are saying it is not needed.

Now rumble is evidently important enough to pay off Immersion, and fans are saying it is good now.

God this is the exact argument I had before. Sony is changing their promise and going back on what they said previously.

Before rumble is last gen and all the sony fans are saying it is not needed.

Now rumble is evidently important enough to pay off Immersion, and fans are saying it is good now.

no, they had to pay immersion, if they where going to use it or not.

But yet you still say "lol you xbots are never happy...sony suck, there going to have rumble"

So you believe I think Sony sucks b/c they have rumble? No I believe that Sony sucks because they keep changing their mind and keep lying or changing statements.

We look forward to exploring with Immersion exciting new ways to bring the largest and best range of gameplay experiences to our customers. We are very excited about our new partnership with Immersion and the potential for new and innovative products incorporating their technologies.
Phil Harrison

I am pretty sure new products means controllers with rumble. B/c I doubt the console will be vibrating anytime soon.

But yet you still say "lol you xbots are never happy...sony suck, there going to have rumble"

So you believe I think Sony sucks b/c they have rumble? No I believe that Sony sucks because they keep changing their mind and keep lying or changing statements.

Phil Harrison

I am pretty sure new products means controllers with rumble. B/c I doubt the console will be vibrating anytime soon.

did that post even have a point? just aload of words

lol you xbots are never happy, first its "sony suck they dont have rumble"
now its "sony suck, there going to have rumble"

I do not like sony because they changed their minds/views again just like I stated before. Rumble is good but why would they say that rumble is last gen if they still want to put it in.

no, they had to pay immersion, if they where going to use it or not.

Says they made nice and does not mention any payment.

if they where going to use it or not.

The Phil Harrison quote says that they are looking forward to making new products with them. Which means they are going to use them

We look forward to exploring with Immersion exciting new ways to bring the largest and best range of gameplay experiences to our customers. We are very excited about our new partnership with Immersion and the potential for new and innovative products incorporating their technologies.
Phil Harrision

Cool. I love the rumble feature for on my PS2, w/o it it just doesn't feel right. Hopefully Sony is really going to add it back on the PS3.

I do not like sony because they changed their minds/views again just like I stated before. Rumble is good but why would they say that rumble is last gen if they still want to put it in.

Says they made nice and does not mention any payment.

The Phil Harrison quote says that they are looking forward to making new products with them. Which means they are going to use them

Phil Harrision

yep, and microsoft never change there minds...

and im sure sony just said that to act like rumble never bothered them, when it did. and thats why its now being used. but xbox switch there views and say "sony suck, there going to have rumble"

no shit sherlock

Wow...when has MS changed their minds when they dilebertly said that something was last gen or the console would not have anything. 1080p was added for movies not games.

Even if Sony just said they didn't care then they are lying to their customers and consumers.

Xbots do not switch their views because the PS3 might have rumble. We still do not like Sony b/c once again they changed their minds and lying about previous comitements

Wow...when has MS changed their minds when they dilebertly said that something was last gen or the console would not have anything. 1080p was added for movies not games.

Even if Sony just said they didn't care then they are lying to their customers and consumers.

Xbots do not switch their views because the PS3 might have rumble. We still do not like Sony b/c once again they changed their minds and lying about previous comitements

so have microsoft, but you like them. guess its just cool to hate on the most successful games console company.