Can sony actually fit any more nails in the PS3's coffin?

i'm goin to dive into this conversation now. i've just got a 360 last christmas, so i have no intention of getting a PS3 any time soon. they look really good though, early shots of Gran Turismo: HD made me wonder if i was doing the right thing, and i've been happy with my PS for around 4 years (same console after heavy use). i will get one though, just when i'm sure that it won't break after a day or two.

Wii sucks, end of that. i know people who are selling their Wiis (and 360s) to get a PS3, so that kinda shows. wii was a gimmick, not a long term entertainment system. it's never going to last, same as the DS. unless they sort out the graphics and give Mario the boot. he fucking does my head in!

i'm waiting for the opportunity to play GoW on a HDTV, but i don't think it's going to happen soon :( would be amazing

I have to agree about the Wii... but it is good that Nintendo are finally selling their console. :) In Finland Gamecube lasted exactly 3days then it completely disappeared.
1st day-> "OMFG NINTENDO GAMECUBE RELEASED TOMORROW!!!"
2nd day-> "Ummmhh... this isn't as good as PS2."
3rd day-> "ROFLMAOWTFBBQ!!! You bought a Gamecube!! HaHaHaHa!!"
:)

Now, finally Nintendo manages to make money with their Console. That means they will be able to afford to make a better next gen console I think. I know Nintendo knows how to make great games. It's just that not that many Nintendo games have the reputation of Halo or Gran Turismo... how could they GC was a flop. Mario, Zelda and Metroid Prime made their name over 10 years ago... the new generation players that consists of techno freas have no Idea what Metroid Prime is. You could tell them it is a Cheese Burger with bacon and they would believe you. :p

What Nintendo needs to do now is get rid of their reputation. Put atleast as much effort into making games for grownups as they put in to Pokemon and Mario. Wii might be a long lasting console. Right now, yes, it does look like a short drive by. But who knows it might start a war. :)

Last edited:
Overall, the Gamecube sold about the same as the old Xbox,
and it did turn out a profit, unlike the Xbox.

I don't think anything can stop the PS3 from being a success. Sony would have to ban humans from using it or something real stupid.

When you play the Wii you think "Hey this is awesome" then after half an hour. You stop. It's just not good enough.
When you play the XBOX360, you think "Cool, the graphics are pretty good. The games are alright and the contoller is WIRELESS!!!".
But then the PS3, the graphics really really are AMAZING! They are completely amazing. When you use it you just know you're using next-generation technology.

The XBOX360 is good, it's just not revolutionary enough. Lets face it, a lot of games are going to come out on both consoles (fuck the Wii, its too childish). We also know that a lot of the XBOX360 exclusive games are going to come out on PC like HALO, but then PS3 has a lot of titles that are going to be PS3 exclusive. Also, the PS3 has so much more optional extras that the XBOX360 just does not have.

The fact that PS3 will have Gran Turismo 5
means I'll buy a PS3 no matter what.

I planned to buy a PSP,
almost only for the GT4mobile.

i did buy a PSP, had it from the release date and i think it's great. in fact, i'm listening to my music collection through it now. when i heard the sound quality, i dumped my old creative muvo Mp3 player.

i don't think GT4 mobile will ever get here either though. i really wanted it to be made, but i think it would be arkward if it ever was produced. Toca 3 is very good according to TG magazine though :)

I don't think anything can stop the PS3 from being a success. Sony would have to ban humans from using it or something real stupid.

When you play the Wii you think "Hey this is awesome" then after half an hour. You stop. It's just not good enough.
When you play the XBOX360, you think "Cool, the graphics are pretty good. The games are alright and the contoller is WIRELESS!!!".
But then the PS3, the graphics really really are AMAZING! They are completely amazing. When you use it you just know you're using next-generation technology.

The XBOX360 is good, it's just not revolutionary enough. Lets face it, a lot of games are going to come out on both consoles (fuck the Wii, its too childish). We also know that a lot of the XBOX360 exclusive games are going to come out on PC like HALO, but then PS3 has a lot of titles that are going to be PS3 exclusive. Also, the PS3 has so much more optional extras that the XBOX360 just does not have.

LOL. Here is how it actually works.

First, I played the PS3 at the Kiosk at Best Buy. I have to admit, I really liked Motorstorm. I thought it was OK, but the price tag is ridiculous. I think most people agree, judging by how short the list was for people willing to pay $600 or more for the system.

Second, I got a Wii. I have to tell you, the graphics are nothing compared to PS3 or 360. But the games are genuinely FUN. We bought WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and played the hell out of it. I am just waiting for some more innovative titles to come out. The Wii-Mote kicks ass.

Lastly, I just got a 360 for my birthday. I love it. Its easy to use, graphics are as good as PS3 in my opinion, the games are good, and the Live service is so easy to use. Also, it was significantly cheaper than a PS3.

Before you go on about Blu-Ray, you should know I dont care. I dont buy movies, I rent them through NetFlix, and even if I did buy movies, I am not ready to start buying movies on a more expensive format than DVD.

The problem I have with the 360 and the PS3 is that I have played every game that they have and will come out with. Nothing has really changed since the first Half Life game except the graphics, and while the graphics are great on those systems it's not enough to keep me in the games. Where as on the Wii while I maybe playing similar games the style of playing is totally different. Playing the Godfather, which game style wise is like Grand Theft Auto, I got totally into it because when I had to toss cop off the roof I had to make the motion like I was tossing the dude off the roof to backhand someone you make a backhanding motion, it really gets you into the game as opposed to doing forward, back X, O or whatever.

Love the avatar, Koenig.

:D HIGH FIVE!!!

We really need Borat emoticons...../sadface

If anyone uses a Borat emoticon I will hunt them down and kill them with a deadly combination of a cheese grater, a melon baller and a pair of nail clippers.

It won't be pretty and it won't be quick.

nail clipper for what? clipping eyebrows? :)

/random trollness

I agree about the wii

My Gamecube ownership expierience looked like this:

Hey, this thing is fun, so what other games are there?
Hello....anyone...NINTENDO, 3rd parties?

NINTENDO:You get Zelda eventually now shut up!
3rdParty: ...

Sorry, but I won't buy another Big N console at such an early stage again.

If anyone uses a Borat emoticon I will hunt them down and kill them with a deadly combination of a cheese grater, a melon baller and a pair of nail clippers.

It won't be pretty and it won't be quick.

I'll join you. Borat sucked ass, overhyped piece of junk.

*puts on flame suit*

Just give the PS3 a year, I mean the X360 sucked when it came out and look at it now.

No, it didn't sum the entire thread it just summed up hype and naidanac's flame war.