Can you damage your gearbox by..

adrianpike

AS I SAID, some credit?

*Hears tapping noise* 'Oop, *stops* 'Is that the engine? *Revs engine* 'Nope, not the engine'

:blink:

Sorry to keep this old thread going, but I've got to point out that if you're getting detonation under low-load situations (I.E. free-revving), something is beyond wrong with the engine, and under higher load, will be sending flames, rings, and piston crowns out the back.

In other words, you won't be hearing detonation free-revving. So no, no credit for you. :mrgreen:

Jon

Car(s)
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Honda CBR600FS (Now wrecked!)
Sorry to keep this old thread going, but I've got to point out that if you're getting detonation under low-load situations (I.E. free-revving), something is beyond wrong with the engine, and under higher load, will be sending flames, rings, and piston crowns out the back.

In other words, you won't be hearing detonation free-revving. So no, no credit for you. :mrgreen:

You lost me from the get go there.. I may not have explained properly. I wasn't getting detonation from the engine, i was getting a mechanical click. But either way I was right. It was the gearbox, NOT THE ENGINE.. thank you. All replaced, all sounding well..

ALTHOUGH, while the box is still under warrrenty, is there a substantial problem if sometimes it's difficult to engage the gear fully? And keeps jumping out when load is applied (clutch is raised)? Whats the reason for this?

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
^a friend had the same problem on his yamaha raptor, after throwing open, it seemed that the shifting forks were bend, and due the fact it started jumping out, the pins which lock the cog (dunno what they're called), were rounded off as well

or it was the other way around, the pins started to wear out, started slipping, and that bended the shifting forks

either way, all needed to be replaced

so yeah, if you still have warranty, i'ld take it back

Last edited: