Can you drive a Manual transmission?

Can you drive a Manual transmission?

• Total voters

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
How many FG members can drive a car with a manual gearbox? I would think that since most of us are "car" people that we would be able to, but I'm open to surprises. :)

Driving an auto isn't driving. It's just steering.

Not yet : )

I only drive autos, but I can drive manual. I can even do hill starts, go me!

I've always driven manual cars.
Funnily enough, I still have problems with automatics - I constantly want to press the clutch when I am going to stop, and of course I hit the brake pedal with my left foot, as a result I am usually stuck to the windshield :D

Yes I can.

I love manuals, whether they are better or not they certainly make the drive more enjoyable.

I can, and I prefer them. I'm pretty decent at it, but I''ve found with my new car, I'm a bit rusty. Living in North Vancouver, hill starts are a necessary part of driving. My cousin's from england show me thier mountain... no, i say, that's just a small hill.

I voted yes because I can drive standard.

After doing a bit of driving around/learning in my Fathers Jeep, I honestly do prefer an automatic to a manual though.

Even the somewhat horrible trans in my Buick gets the job done all the time every time. I find its good enough for me. (at least at this point in my life- who knows what I'll drive over the years)

I've only driven two cars that were manuals, one was a Chevy Blazer that was quite hard for me and the other was a Mazda Protege that was ridiculously simple. No one else I know has a manual (and is willing to let me drive their car), so I've got very little legitimate experience. So no, I can't really drive a manual.

Can.

I still prefer manuals for many reasons, including a more instant response. Semi-autos are maybe a good compromise with regards having the desired level of control but a lot still suffer from huge losses in the transmission. In city driving the auto is more convenient but on the back roads the manual is more fun so i think, in time, having a very good semi-auto would make the best of both worlds.

I still have to try VW's system, and those similar ones (what are they called, DSG or something?) to see how they compare to the old skool type in my Legacy but if they are as good as some say, that would maybe be my choice.

I hate automatics. Manual all the way here.

Err.....yes:p Not exactly hard people, unless you are driving non-synchro boxes. That said manual boxes are a pain. For every day I would much rather an automatic, especially in traffic.

I really wish the rally car was sequential. Then I could left foot brake without having to worry about hitting a clutch as well. I used to think that driving manual was so much better, and it is great!!! But its no the be all and end all. Still everyone who thinks themselves a car person should be able to drive a manual.

I've always driven manual cars.
Funnily enough, I still have problems with automatics - I constantly want to press the clutch when I am going to stop, and of course I hit the brake pedal with my left foot, as a result I am usually stuck to the windshield :D

I have to fight the urge to press the clutch and move the stick :lol:

Err.....yes:p Not exactly hard people, unless you are driving non-synchro boxes. That said manual boxes are a pain. For every day I would much rather an automatic, especially in traffic.

I really wish the rally car was sequential. Then I could left foot brake without having to worry about hitting a clutch as well. I used to think that driving manual was so much better, and it is great!!! But its no the be all and end all. Still everyone who thinks themselves a car person should be able to drive a manual.

wait wait wait...

Tasmania has traffic :?

:p