• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Canada said yes

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
To gay marriage today!

158 for and 120 something against.

We're now the 3rd country to make it legal :thumbsup:

Wohoo, great news. You're so avant-garde. :mrgreen:

Fun fact about Hamburg: Our city is governed by a conservative gay mayor who tried to stop gay marriage in 2002. :lol:

One thing I've been thinking is... If you don't follow the rules of the Bible, why do you want to get married? You wanna make a commitment to someone, why do you call it marriage? Isn't that a religious concept? Why not calling it union, or something else? Maybe I'm way off the line, but that's a doubt I have in my mind.

BTW, congratulations, Ren... Are we invited?

bihus said:
One thing I've been thinking is... If you don't follow the rules of the Bible, why do you want to get married? You wanna make a commitment to someone, why do you call it marriage? Isn't that a religious concept? Why not calling it union, or something else? Maybe I'm way off the line, but that's a doubt I have in my mind.

I agree, but I don't think it really matters.

bihus said:

Bhahaha :roll:

I'm just happy cause for once these fucking conservatives (even though they voted no) didn't win.

Most liberals and all BQ voted yes, I guess NDP too.

I'm just happy cause I think it has to be legal, to give their unions some powers, after all they're couples too.

I actually believed that the Bloc would vote NO since they want to take advantage of their recent popularity to win some more seats in Quebec...

...until I realized how silly it was for a bill on an issue as trivial as same-sex marriage would be a matter of confidence... :bangin:

bihus said:

there are tax, health care, and many other social reasons that make it advantageous to be married. by your argument it could be also said that only Christians can get married.. Jews can just call it "insert name" now... its just as good..

I can see the point.

any time the religious groups get booted a little more out of government I'm happy..

Marriage is not a religious concept. Secular people are married every day. Also, who is to assume being gay excludes you from being religious? I've seen quite a few Christian and Jewish gays.

///M said:
Great day indeed.

Wonder how Jesusland is going to react.

:|

You make me feel like Finalgear does not have Such great people ! :|
Although i am Muslim & :| :| :| :| :| dont belong to Jesusland

You do know what the term 'Jesusland' refers to right?

I should clarify, no I don't think all Americans are hicks that think gay people are second class citizens. On the other hand, they elected a hick that thinks gay people are second class citizens.

Cry me a river.

This place is getting so gay :? :lol:
Come to think of it no i am not really sure what you are referring to as Jesusland, i thought you meant us religious dudes

Cry me a river

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

theblue said:
bihus said:

there are tax, health care, and many other social reasons that make it advantageous to be married. by your argument it could be also said that only Christians can get married.. Jews can just call it "insert name" now... its just as good..

I can see the point.

any time the religious groups get booted a little more out of government I'm happy..

When i said Bible, I was trying to imply religious belief, that as far as I know, don't consider gay marriage.

Now, I'm not even going to answer all the other stuff written here, (I don't go to church, btw) but you know that there are a lot of unmarried people that get the same tax and health benefits that married people do, don't you? You don't have to get married, you just state that you're living with someone on your tax declaration, or whatever it's called. I just hate when gay people go to church, and some gay guys even dress up as brides. It seems they're mocking what I still consider the normal way of life. Gay pride? :yucky: When I go out I don't go shouting and showing everyone that I'm straight!

Now, I'm not in favour of mixing religion with government, but that doesn't mean forgetting what still is the normal way of life.

^I think gaypeople don't do themselfs a favour by having these gayevents all the time, gayparade, gaymagazines, gayclubs etc etc. Like heterosexual people are not allowed there. Do heterosexual people offend gaypeople by saying they are 'different'?
No they (not all of course) make themselfs 'different' from heterosexual people by having their own events and stuff. I don't have anything against it, but then don't complain that they are treated different by some people.

Jostyrostelli said:
^I think gaypeople don't do themselfs a favour by having these gayevents all the time, gayparade, gaymagazines, gayclubs etc etc. Like heterosexual people are not allowed there. Do heterosexual people offend gaypeople by saying they are 'different'?
No they (not all of course) make themselfs 'different' from heterosexual people by having their own events and stuff. I don't have anything against it, but then don't complain that they are treated different by some people.

Here, here.

Renesis said:
bihus said:

Bhahaha :roll:

I'm just happy cause for once these fucking conservatives (even though they voted no) didn't win.

Most liberals and all BQ voted yes, I guess NDP too.

I'm just happy cause I think it has to be legal, to give their unions some powers, after all they're couples too.

how can you not expect to post something about this and not backfire straight back at you :lol: