Canadian Viewers

Generalchaos

If you guys didn't know already Top gear is on Bell Expressvu channel 635 on BBC Canada on sat and sun nights at 7pm eastern.

Anyways, Now they have have caught up in the episodes showing the final episode tonight. If I was a betting man they will probably start back at the first episode tomorrow night. I hope they will throw some shows in to fill in the gaps and then start with the new season when it starts

Steve

If you guys didn't know already Top gear is on Bell Expressvu channel 635 on BBC Canada on sat and sun nights at 7pm eastern.

Anyways, Now they have have caught up in the episodes showing the final episode tonight. If I was a betting man they will probably start back at the first episode tomorrow night. I hope they will throw some shows in to fill in the gaps and then start with the new season when it starts

Steve

We know of the BBC Canada versions .. they're cut-down 45-ish minutes versions ... cutting down news segments and star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car segments. I still prefer the whole thing. Whether or not they'll be sowing the episodes on a current basis is not clear at all .. this catch-up only happened because of Richard Hammond's accident. So they might give it a break ... or bring them over the pond on a current basis.

There's a BBC Canada? Have you Canadians no pride? Shouldn't it be CBC? :D
actually we have a national television program exactly named CBC. BBC Canada's only available in digital format and people rarely watch it, unless they're into BBC stuff ... I only watch 2 shows on it, inclusing Top Gear. CBC is also available free over-the-air. Sometimes they have some good movies on it, saw LOTR: Return of the King recently.

actually we have a national television program exactly named CBC. BBC Canada's only available in digital format and people rarely watch it, unless they're into BBC stuff ... I only watch 2 shows on it, inclusing Top Gear. CBC is also available free over-the-air. Sometimes they have some good movies on it, saw LOTR: Return of the King recently.

Don't forget about Hockey Night in Canada. It's a Canadian institution. But what the others said about BBC Canada is pretty much true. I had BBC Canada for a few months as part of a free preview when I switched over to digital cable. Top Gear was the only programme worth watching. The episodes they do air are pretty old too. Like Series 2 or 3.

Last edited:
it's probably the same programming we get on BBC-World.

I watched Top Gear on BBC Canada once, but it sucked. We just get the neutered version. They basically cut out all of the in-studio stuff and show only the pre-made reviews. It's the combination of the reviews and the in-studio banter that makes Top Gear such a great show. It's just not the same without one or the other.

I watched Top Gear on BBC Canada once, but it sucked. We just get the neutered version. They basically cut out all of the in-studio stuff and show only the pre-made reviews. It's the combination of the reviews and the in-studio banter that makes Top Gear such a great show. It's just not the same without one or the other.

Is it half hour long? if so then yes that is the crappy one and is on BBC world. The one on BBC canada is an hour long (with commercials thrown in) and is way better then the half hour shows.

I watch BBC Canada sometimes, I dont like how they cut it by about 15 minutes... but sometimes it leaves all the good parts :)

I will stick to downloading the episodes something thats legal in Canada!

The trouble with the Canadian and US versions is that they became shows about cars, rather than shows about blokes talking about cars.

Steve

We know of the BBC Canada versions .. they're cut-down 45-ish minutes versions ... cutting down news segments and star-in-a-reasonably-priced-car segments. I still prefer the whole thing. Whether or not they'll be sowing the episodes on a current basis is not clear at all .. this catch-up only happened because of Richard Hammond's accident. So they might give it a break ... or bring them over the pond on a current basis.

There's also a BBC International version of TG, they shrunk it down to less than 30 minutes...

So in any case I still would prefer the original full-one-hour version, that's why I download instead turning on the TV.

Don't they call that one topgear-xtra

I think that SBS play the full show here though

Its still good watching (i always watch it on bbc canada, despite having it on my pc)

Is it half hour long? if so then yes that is the crappy one and is on BBC world. The one on BBC canada is an hour long (with commercials thrown in) and is way better then the half hour shows.
No, it's an hour plus ads, which comes to probably 42 minutes. It still sucks.

It's been on digital cable with Rogers for a while now. Aside from Top Gear, there really isn't much to watch on BBC Canada. Plus, as others mentioned, they've edited portions out to accomodate advertisers and such, and that really alters the entire "feel" and atmosphere of the show.

If it's like shows such as Coronation Street and Doctor Who, there will be a lag (my guess is due to syndication issues). It's too bad that CBC didn't bring in Top Gear because that would have really boosted their ratings.

Don't forget about Hockey Night in Canada. It's a Canadian institution.
Yeah, that too ... Looking forward to getting an hdtv and catching hockey night in Canada in HD off-the-air from CBC. (aka free HD hockey matches) :thumbsup:

And if I find out it's not in HD, I'll be really mad. But I really doubt they'd leave hockey in SD. 8)

I don't think they would and if they do it will be HD in a few months