Canadians Only

CanadianLoonie said:
M5Rangerover said:
hehe, Alberta should separate :D

They sure can after Jan Arden's horrible rendition of 'O Canada' at Game 6 of the Canucks/Lames series

Hahahahaha!!! That's too funny :lol: I was pretty disappointed there. I really wanted to see the Canucks in the Stanley Cup final. Even despite the Bertuzzi fiasco (I'm on Bertuzzi's side :p ), the Canucks deserve to be there. Markus Naslund is my hero - he's gotta be one of the classiest players (and best) on the ice today. Oh well. Maybe next year.

It means "pig-dog". Schwein = swine = pigs, hond = dog. I got it from a highschool buddy who was German. He would call people that if they pissed him off :lol: :mrgreen: Must be a German cuss word where he was from.

ESPNSTI said:
"Hond" is the Dutch word for dog, in german I believe it's "Hund"

That's right.

And the correct spelling of "schwein - hond" is "Schweinehund". :wink:

MfG = Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Oli

EDIT: wah! we have a german here! how nice!

And a Dutchman that used to play american football in germany but now lives in th US and is now posting in a thread for Canadians.

Do the Dutch still like Canadians for liberating their country from the Germans?

CanadianLoonie said:
Do the Dutch still like Canadians for liberating their country from the Germans?
Absolutely, and I think a lot of Dutch people have and still are migrating to Canada.

May 5th is a national memorial day for the liberation.

ESPNSTI said:
"Hond" is the Dutch word for dog, in german I believe it's "Hund"

Yeah, I thought I had the spelling wrong. I have Dutch grandparents, so I know a coupla phrases....obviously the spelling of dog :) . ESPNSTI - what nationality/background are you from?

^^Oops, didn't read all the posts before I replied. And yes, the Dutch are immigrating like anything - I live in a rural, agricultural area, and every year we must get 3 - 5 Dutch families immigrating into the area and farming. It's incredible. My uncle works for CIBC (a bank fyi) and part of his job is to go to Holland and other parts of Europe to get farmers to come over here.

I think the Dutch government makes it very hard for farmers to make a living over there, so I bet your uncle doesn't have too hard a time convincing people.

Yeah. Holland is very tight for landspace, so farming isn't an easy job. But they have it good if they immigrate over here - they get so much money for their land because land is very expensive. When they sell their property, most of them are well into the millions.