Cancer Sucks

First I would like to say to Alex's family and friends, I have no words to express my sorrow for your loss. Second Komeuppance thank you for that beautiful video. And finally thank you Alex for creating this wonderful community that brought together this rich tapestry of souls.

Thank you so much for posting that video. It's a wonderful tribute, and I'm still choked up 20 minutes later. I only met Alex in person once, when he came to Europe for Ringmeet and the Mini-Roadtrip that year. Even driving around the Black Forest in Quiky's and his rental diesel E-Class (on winter tires even, iirc), he still had that huge smile on his face the whole time. Your tribute captures that joyfulness beautifully.

I'm not religious or superstitious, but I'm hoping so hard right now that there's some kind of other world where things will go on for Alex.
Fuck cancer, man. ?

You're welcome. He told us the story of the E-class loaded up with friends and winter tires many times, always with a smile on his face. Those memories were very special to him.

Related note, when he was pointing himself out in the crowd while at the Top Gear set (picture in the video), I said, "There's that Alex smile we all know and love... it's hard to miss." He was a bit embarrassed by my comment, and tried to rationalize smiling. I reassured him that we liked seeing him smile and it was nothing to be embarrassed by. Alex, always so humble and full of joy in everything he did.

-Robert

I was shocked to find out about Alex's passing. My condolences to his family.

Thanks for everything you did & for bringing us all together on here.

RIP

Reactions: TC
Haven't come here in over a month, so I missed "bad news", "leukemia has won" and the final post. Today I stop in, see the top banner and say "Aw shit."

Sorry I didn't make it in time for you to read this, but thanks for all you did to bring TG to millions and build a fan site where thousands had a voice.

RIP. This is the site that got me into Top Gear and Fifth Gear. You will be missed. May you continue to drive the Viper in heaven.

You're welcome. He told us the story of the E-class loaded up with friends and winter tires many times, always with a smile on his face. Those memories were very special to him.

Did he tell you the bit about outpaced through the Black Forest by a couple of Brits in an elderly Discovery? And THEN blaming the winter tyres. ;)

I pondered long about what to write. Because so many have probably said it all already...

Maybe this: This forum and the contacts I got from it, practically gave me back my joy of driving a car. They gave me the kick to throw reason overboard and buy the car that I wanted - a 2017 Ford Mustang. Without this forum, I definitely would have never done that.

So... thank you, Alex, for giving me back the fun of driving. Rest in peace.

I wonder if they've registered themselves under aliases in the forum...? :unsure:

Oh you, The Sun. They had to have their unique bit of the story.

Rip Viper007Bond. Just found out. Only you gave us a chance to be fans of the shows when caping and torrenting uk shows for years wasn't a thing yet. Thanks for the hours of fun and a pretty cool forum.