Canoe trip on the Bowron Lakes Circuit, Canada summer 2007

M3lover

Car(s)
S204 Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI BE T
I Went on a one week canoe trip around the bowron lakes in Canada B.C. (About 800 km north of Vancouver) this summer and it was an
amazing experience with some spectacular scenery and wildlife (especially for a dane since our nature is as flat as Calista Flockhart).
So I thought i'd share some of the pictures:

goofer

The dots indicate beer spottings

First paddle of the trip (I sucked, hadn't paddled for 10 years or so, but we never tipped)

About 3 meters (9 feet) of water

Chipmunk eating a sugared popcorn

The black spot is actually not a black spot but a beaver

Smoke on the water (but no fire in the sky).
Kinda shows how little wind there was

Bold eagle

Avalanches has cleared a path. Lots of places like that.

Means of transportation

Hand picked blueberries

Me cutting something

Bull Moose - Damn impresive animal. They look kinda clumsy on pics.
but close up you realise how big and powerful they are

Another goofer. All the animals were quite trusty of us, so you
could get pretty close.

The Cariboo fallls - All in all it drops 24 m

Rum Lake

Moose #2 - This time a cow

Deer

Moose #3 - A cow. It had two calfs back in the bushes but we couldn't
catch them on the camera

Loon - The bird on the Canadian one dollar

:shock2:

Osprey

Last paddle of the trip in perfect weather. We didn't have one
day were it was worth taking out the raingear

Young bold eagle I think

We saw this guy (or girl) on the way back just outside Whistler

Absolutely amazing scenery, it's like that gorgeous stuff they show on NGC. Good set of photos, really nice share! I got the sudden urge of getting as far away from the city as possible...

Well! I am glad you liked Canada and North America. It is hard to believe that probably 80% of Canada is that clean and pretty.

And you were probably advised, but next time you are there or in Scandinavia, stay far FAR away from female Moose with offspring, they will charge and have killed many people who got too close.

I see you encountered a gopher. Next time, take it back with you, we've got MILLIONS.

Looks like it was a great trip!

Looks gorgeous, makes we wanna go out into the backyard for a rugrats-esque adventure.

That lake you were paddling on looks like a mirror. I love it.

Ahh the great outdoors... and my back yard! Damn I'm lucky to live where I do.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Canada!:thumbsup:

Well! I am glad you liked Canada and North America. It is hard to believe that probably 80% of Canada is that clean and pretty.

And you were probably advised, but next time you are there or in Scandinavia, stay far FAR away from female Moose with offspring, they will charge and have killed many people who got too close.

The people that took us had tried it many times before, and we kept resonable distance. And from what i've heard is what really pisses them of is when you come in between the cow and the calfs.

^First time I laughed today after reading that! :lol:

Thanks.

I hate people like you. You feed the chipmunks once, then someone else feeds them before you know it innocent backpackers are being mauled by chipmunks for popcorn! Your ruining nature! In all seriousness though I don't think I'd be dropping any food where bears are present.

I went on a whitewater canoing trip in Canadia a couple years ago. It rained the whole week, there was one billion mosquitoes and leeches, we always had a headwind, the water was so low we had to portage most of the rapids, and we didn't see any wildlife because we were so loud.

I went on a whitewater canoing trip in Canadia a couple years ago. It rained the whole week, there was one billion mosquitoes and leeches, we always had a headwind, the water was so low we had to portage most of the rapids, and we didn't see any wildlife because we were so loud.
You know what makes trips like that better? Beer :yes:.

Thanks for sharing the pics M3Lover. This spring (hopefully) I'm going to go hiking around in Colorado, this just makes me want to go now.

@ teeb :lmao:

Guess what I was thinking of when I wrote the thread

I hate people like you. You feed the chipmunks once, then someone else feeds them before you know it innocent backpackers are being mauled by chipmunks for popcorn! Your ruining nature! In all seriousness though I don't think I'd be dropping any food where bears are present.

We made sure to burn any food the chipmunk left, and where in general pretty cautious with the food, keeping it in metal-safes and burning anything that was left over, or putting it in sealed backs...