Canon 1D MarkIV

looks good to me so far. 10Fps, new AF, 6mpx boost, new ISO range, 108p video. Lets see what the proper reviewers will say. Hopefully Ken Rockwell will die in the meantime so he cant get his hands on the camera and the internet will became a peaceful place once again. lol.

EDIT:

my 5d MK II is only 8 days away from me!! 8!! I might start smoking again as its really hard to keep myself cool in the meantime.

Last edited:
Reposting from random thoughts

From the Cnet 1DmkIV preview:

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/digitalcameras/0,39001468,45095238p,00.htm

iso3200_sc.jpg

iso102400_sc.jpg

that cnet review is a bit weird. I d wait for proper review. On the canon forum we have official canon 1D MK IV beta testers that are showing their images and they are far better than that. lol.

that cnet review is a bit weird.
c|net is a geeky tech site, not a photography site.

45-point autofocus? I can't decided if that's too much to be useful or if its just plain awesome.
If it works anything like Nikon's 51-point AF system, it should be useful ;)

that cnet review is a bit weird. I d wait for proper review. On the canon forum we have official canon 1D MK IV beta testers that are showing their images and they are far better than that. lol.

Post? Even on DPreview there's no top-ISO shots. Not on Canon's site, either. Cnet's cam was apparently preprod, so hopefully the final product looks better than that.

ISO at 3200:

A00A0796.JPG

ISO at 102,400:

A00A0844.JPG

Pics are straight out of camera, no pp or nr applied.

Last edited:
Canon DSLRs could start curing cancer tomorrow yet still be hated within the FG community :lol:

^ Not if Cosworth has anything to say about it :p

Anyway, that looks about the same as 3200 on my D40 ... unusable.

I think it's hard to believe that the Olympus E-3 can rival the 1Dmk4 at ISO3200. :p

Do NOT Want. That ISO 3200 looks like ass.

I just took a look at some D3 shots at 3200 and I can't say they look any better, in fact I actually think a lot of them look worse. I'm starting to wonder how many D3 owners shot something at ISO 908192871982 then applied heavy noise reduction and uploaded the shots at 100*100 to proclaim its greatness. At the time it was pretty ground breaking stuff but now people seem to take it for granted.

well its impressive that 3200 is at par with my ISO 400/800.