Canon 7D

Nikon has 10 bodies while Canon has 8 bodies + the 7d. I expect another line to be introd' with the 1D Mark IV by Feb

eh?
Code:
d3000 - d5000 - d90 - d300s - d700 - d3  - d3x
1000d - 500d  - 50d - 7d    - 5d2  - 1d3 - 1ds3
low entry level, entry level, mid range, semi-pro crop, full frame, pro, flagship

The D40, D60, and D300 are discontinued, even though you can still get new ones they have been replaced by new new models, they're no longer produced and therefore not part of the current lineup. No matter what Canon's marketting department says, the 40D is so not a little brother to the 50D, it was superceded by the 50D and thus isn't part of the current lineup, meanwhile their site's for some reason still showing 450D/XSIs and 400D/XTIs as part of the lineup, again, replaced and discontinued. Soooo, both companies now have the same number of models that sort of line up. Though there's still the possibility for a model between the 5D2 and 1D (and a cheap full frame from Canon is not needed/not going to happen, 5D classics go for $1200-ish on the used market, and that's pretty cheap for a perfectly cromulant full frame)

So you know more than Canon or Nikon about their respective products? :D

All 10 bodies are still part of the website of Nikon so are part of their current product line.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Digital-SLR/index.page

vs

Canon's currently 9 bodies hence the rumors of the mystical 3D.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=111

As for the 40d. It has already been discontinued after I mentioned it.

eh?
Code:
d3000 - d5000 - d90 - d300s - d700 - d3  - d3x
1000d - 500d  - 50d - 7d    - 5d2  - 1d3 - 1ds3
low entry level, entry level, mid range, semi-pro crop, full frame, pro, flagship

The D40, D60, and D300 are discontinued, even though you can still get new ones they have been replaced by new new models, they're no longer produced and therefore not part of the current lineup. No matter what Canon's marketting department says, the 40D is so not a little brother to the 50D, it was superceded by the 50D and thus isn't part of the current lineup, meanwhile their site's for some reason still showing 450D/XSIs and 400D/XTIs as part of the lineup, again, replaced and discontinued. Soooo, both companies now have the same number of models that sort of line up. Though there's still the possibility for a model between the 5D2 and 1D (and a cheap full frame from Canon is not needed/not going to happen, 5D classics go for $1200-ish on the used market, and that's pretty cheap for a perfectly cromulant full frame)

Nikon leaves them on there as people have likely purchased them and/or they are still available in stores as back-stock. That does not refute the fact that the D40, D60 and D300 are discontinued models.

But, hey, don't take my word for it. Check out Nikon Japan's site.

http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/camera/slr/index.htm

But wait, the D40's on there! But if you click on the D40 image, you'll see this heading:
???????????????, translating to "This manufacturer no longer carries this product in its inventory."

Last edited:
The 3D is a hoax. It had a 40mm f/1.2L attatched to it. I don't think Canon will go out of their way making a 40mm f/1.2L..

Eh? Where did you said fake?

Excuse me?

The 3D is a hoax. It had a 40mm f/1.2L attatched to it. I don't think Canon will go out of their way making a 40mm f/1.2L..

Not with the 50 1.2 already there... It would be cool to have something around there with a floating element though.

Nikon leaves them on there as people have likely purchased them and/or they are still available in stores as back-stock. That does not refute the fact that the D40, D60 and D300 are discontinued models.

But, hey, don't take my word for it. Check out Nikon Japan's site.

http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/camera/slr/index.htm

But wait, the D40's on there! But if you click on the D40 image, you'll see this heading:
???????????????, translating to "This manufacturer no longer carries this product in its inventory."
They may not make them anymore but they're still selling them on places like BH, Adorama and Amazon.

Making them still part of the product line they're pushing. Say BMW stops making the 1 Series because they're gay. So long as there is stock they're still part of the product line.

They may not make them anymore but they're still selling them on places like BH, Adorama and Amazon.

Making them still part of the product line they're pushing. Say BMW stops making the 1 Series because they're gay. So long as there is stock they're still part of the product line.

Hahaha, no. A few weeks ago I came across an F100 in a camera store that had never been sold, still in stock. Does that make the F100 part of the current Nikon product line? No. To be part of a current product line, a retailer must be able to order that product from the manufacturer. Hence, Ramseus's list of current Nikon cameras was completely correct.

Hahaha, no. A few weeks ago I came across an F100 in a camera store that had never been sold, still in stock. Does that make the F100 part of the current Nikon product line? No. To be part of a current product line, a retailer must be able to order that product from the manufacturer. Hence, Ramseus's list of current Nikon cameras was completely correct.
That's Nikon Japan. Not Nikon USA. And the F100 store you mentioned is not an Adorama, BH or Amazon. Those three move more cameras in a day than your F100 store does in a year. :)

You also have to condition how the body is positioned in terms of price. I think the 7D is positioned to take on the D3xxx line.

That's Nikon Japan. Not Nikon USA.

Yeah, uh, which of those do you think makes the cameras and calls the shots? Hint:it's not Nikon USA.

And the F100 store you mentioned is not an Adorama, BH or Amazon. Those three move more cameras in a day than your F100 store does in a year. :)

And Akihabara moves more cameras than those stores combined. Retailers have even less control over current product lines than Nikon USA, so I'm really not sure what your point here is.

You also have to condition how the body is positioned in terms of price. I think the 7D is positioned to take on the D3xxx line.

The 7D competes with the D3000? Uh, OK. :lol: Not sure where you're going with this either. You're wrong, stop grasping at straws.

Last edited:
Don't remember, just remember being shown a picture of a 1Dmk3 that John Presot had sat on, with "3D" stamped on it and a 40mm f/1.2L.

There's more changes than that, but the buy didn't pay attention to lighting.