Canoo electric pickup truck - 2023

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Canoo said it will start taking preorders for its pickup later this year, but did not release pricing details. The startup is also reportedly in talks with other states for a “microfactory” where a contract manufacturer would build the vehicles.

The toyish truck shows just how far Canoo is willing to push the design of the microbus-style vehicle it first debuted back in 2019, which it originally planned to sell on a subscription-only basis.

“It’s the size of a Ford Ranger, can take the payload of a full-sized pickup and (has) the turning radius of a Prius.”

Last edited:
EVs are going to be game-changing when it comes to styling. Right now we have to work around the mechanical and thermal limitations of ICE engines, fuel tanks, exhaust, and gearing. EVs will really open the door for wild new shapes that can give us incredible shapes and internal volumes. Past vehicles, like the Jeep FC and the Land Rover 101 tried this type of setup; but the engine was a lump in the middle of the front cabin, making the interior hot, noisy, and cramped. I would love an off roader with no hood so I can see what I'm doing and better position the vehicle.

An engine weighs something, so does a battery, why don't we put the battery where the engine and fuel tank went?

I'm frustrated with all these egg shaped turds.

by the way, that thing is a fucking bus, jesus fuck.

EVs are going to be game-changing when it comes to styling. Right now we have to work around the mechanical and thermal limitations of ICE engines, fuel tanks, exhaust, and gearing. EVs will really open the door for wild new shapes that can give us incredible shapes and internal volumes. Past vehicles, like the Jeep FC and the Land Rover 101 tried this type of setup; but the engine was a lump in the middle of the front cabin, making the interior hot, noisy, and cramped. I would love an off roader with no hood so I can see what I'm doing and better position the vehicle.

I agree. While it looks a bit strange at first, it is laid out well. It reminds me of a 60s cab over style van crossed with the Tango & Cash truck.

1615600960328.png

I just re-watched that the other day! The RV from hell.

well, not exactly all that hard if you don't have a finished product you sell... :|

It's just doubly hilarious that the private jet they are paying to rent is owned by a company owned by Canoo's CEO. 😂

Yeah it seems like tax fiddling more than anything else. I looked at the article expecting them to be spending customers' pre-order money on this shit but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's just doubly hilarious that the private jet they are paying to rent is owned by a company owned by Canoo's CEO. 😂
That's very concerning, it makes me worry that he's siphoning cash out of the company and it will fail. A lot of people are trying to make this effort succeed and he's raiding the accounts for cash to move to his other business.

This is not good