Caparo T1 Gets 620bhp

MOTORLOON1993

The Caparo T1 Race Extreme is powered by an uprated 620bhp version of the regular car?s 3.5-litre V8 (which has 575bhp), giving the car a spectacular power-to-weight ratio of 1127bhp per tonne (up from 1050bhp pet tonne).

By way of comparison, an Ariel Atom Supercharged manages around 650bhp per tonne.

The brakes on the Caparo T1 Race Extreme are 355mm diameter carbon-ceramic units, powered by six-piston callipers at the front and four-piston callipers at the rear. The callipers are made from machined aluminium, with magnesium pistons.

As well as a fully adjustable aero and suspension package, the Caparo T1 Race Extreme also features a tuneable ECU, which allows the driver to adjust throttle mapping and gearshift speeds.
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mo/motorloon1993/2009/03/19/52504_c_cap.jpg
:)

Maybe they work it on it not falling apart and not catching of fire before they add more power to an already overpowered car.

I can't say i'm too surprised by this update, they are essentially trying to create a road legal F1 car.

Wow, make it even more unstable. I'd rep it. :D

Pure evil.

fucking dangerous car of note.

I like it.

Yeah because burning drivers, throttles getting stuck open, and pieces of the suspension breaking causing the car to veer of the road are high on the requirements list of all race cars :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: But its not important that the driver survives, its important that it goes 0.002 faster... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe they work it on it not falling apart and not catching of fire before they add more power to an already overpowered car.

Yep, because no other pre-production super/hyper car has ever burst into flames... oh wait. :rolleyes:

Whoa simmer down guys. I don't think we should get all bothered about it until we hear about a new incident. They've probably tried to fix it.

Wait, magnesium brake pistons? Are they sure they didn't mean Titanium?
As far as I know magnesium parts can't handle extreme heat very well and the Brakes on such a car are bound to get very very hot.

WTF? Why give this thing more power? The thing was a fucking ice skate to begin with.... Unless of course you went fast enough to get down force required turn the steering wheel 4mm in any direction.

Sheer Madness.

as Dunlop says : POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL.

So no thanks