Capsaicin!

This is what I have. Made with jolokias, donchaknow.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2010/07/04/CRW_6758e.jpg

Umm, taste? What? You would either have to use way too much or have flavourless food to be able to taste it :lol:

edit: ah, why not, I took my own picture and replaced the borrowed-from-the-internet picture. Yeah, haven't used it very much, plus I just stirred it up before I took the picture because I hadn't stirred it up before and the liquids seperate if they aren't stirred (the internet told me so) so the sauce is all stuck on the sides at the top .

Last edited:
1848-2T.jpg

I bought this so far. It's not bad, a bit too vinegary for my liking, but holy Jesus, the burning stays with you for a good 15-20 minutes. It's the one that cost me $25 during my horrible checked-luggage Dallas layover hell last weekend.

Protip: Don't scratch your balls after chopping habaneros.
:shock: Also, don't forget to wash your hands before you go to the bathroom.

(Kind of reminds me of a story I heard where a girl put some hot sauce in her boyfriend's condom. After washing off the red hot sausage, they decided to pick up where they left off. Problem: they only had the one condom. Solution: turn it inside out. Result: trip to the emergency room and much embarassment for the girl.)

Protip: capscaicin isn't soluable in water and you can scrub your hands all you want but you can only get some off, doesn't really matter if you wash your hands before you scratch your balls because you'll have great balls of fire either way (except a bit less if you wash your hands). That's what latex gloves are for.

Capsaicin is vulnerable to phosphates, though, so washing your hands with strong soap or detergent will help. That is also why drinking milk helps.

So, what have we learned today? 1: use the utmost care when preparing spicy foods, and 2: Ramseus doesn't use soap when he washes his hands. ;)

Capsaicin is vulnerable to phosphates, though, so washing your hands with strong soap or detergent will help. That is also why drinking milk helps.

I don't know why I expected you to say drinking soap :lol: :bangin:

Well, at least washing your mouth out with soap is good for something! Certainly won't help your potty mouth. :p

I bought a chili plant a few weeks back for a ?1... still nothing really growing yet. :(

well i have been growing some chilis for a 3-4 years now.. nothing major, but enough for me.. flavourwise aji cristal is the best ive grown
Aji%20Cristal_TH_2003.jpg

then i should say that yellow pointed habanero comes second
0hab_pointed_yellow.jpg

(hot as hell for me, chewed one as a whole and boy i was lucky i had yoghurt in my fridge..)

As sauces, you will never go wrong with normal, jalapeno or habanero tabasco.
tabasco-sauce.jpg

Plus i have one not so hot sauce which i use for everything.. La Costena Salsa De La Chipotle... mmmm.
LaCostenaSlasaChipotle.jpg

and as a sidenote, blairs cheddar chips are absolutely delicious...
blairs-death-rain-chips_2.jpg

Any luck?

I completely forgot about it.
Just placed an order to see how much the shipping will cost me since the e-mail had no response.

Last edited:
At home, I exclusively use this:

resize

Adds a nice bit of flavor to anything, but still capable of burning your taste buds off without much effort.

I love me some spicy food, but almost never use hot sauce. Mainly I just never find a moment that has me say "Hey, I could drip some sauce on this!". What do you normally put hot sauce on? Tips, hints, recipes always appreciated.

Kebab, mostly. Local variety of (and I so dread to use this phrase, but it's the one people would recognize) baked beans called Prebranac, Chili con Carne, sometimes even in bolognese if I'm eating by myself. I never use it to just coat stuff, has to be mixed into something.