Capsaicin!

Aren't those different names for the same plant?

Yes, or you can refer to it as the "ghost chili."

Which are all just nicknames made up by people who can't pronounce the original name, which is Naga Jolokia. ;)

OMG, Pepper King rocks! I ordered 3 Ultra Deaths and they sent along a bag of assorted peppers!

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2010/08/30/pepper_king_peppers.jpg

Help identifying them? :)

I think the middle green one is a conventional jalepeno. For your purposes they're all likely mild as fuck. :p

Last edited:
I only go to extremes when eating a kebab, the chili con carne they're destined for will be mildly spiced for everyone to enjoy. And then I'll add some Ultra Death to heat things up a bit. ;)

And yes, the green ones are Jalapenos, that much I know. The orange one I _THINK_ is a Habanero, but it's not the right shape...

Jalapenos don't turn orange, they stay green. The green ones have been confirmed to be fully ripe Jalapenos.

Hmm... so the orange one could also be a Jalapeno that's already started turning red?

De arbols maybe? The red and yellow skinny ones look the same so they probably are the same type.

On the subject of unknown peppers, poblanos are supposed to be mild except for the occasional hot one. Last time my brother picked up some peppers from the store he got a couple poblanos for some mild filler peppers to go in some chili... they turned out to be quite spicy though. We don't know if they were just randomly hot poblanos or something else. :lol:

that orange one seems like relative to rocotto, pod shape would be near, this is a wild quess.
edit: or a pube? http://fatalii.net/chile/?u=g&c=search&word=turbo+pube&id=4764
red one could be alson known as spanish red... default spice for example in spain.. who knows what real breed it is.
jalapeno
can that be lemon drop (yellow one)?

Last edited:
I'm not really one for spicy foods, occasionally I'll get brave and try something hotter than I like. I tried habanero sauce years back and I remember it was painful. My lips burned for a good ten or so minutes even after I'd drank copious amounts of milk and whatever other cold liquids were available.

I do have a great story about hot sauce, though. I have a friend who likes ketchup. A lot. He will sometimes drink it straight from the bottle. Well, he was over at a party with lots of alcohol involved, and the host had prepared a "special" bottle of ketchup just for him. He said, "Hey, Bobby, there's some ketchup in the fridge just for you." So, Bobby proceeds to drink said ketchup, and...

All I hear at this point, as I am just coming out of the bathroom, is "DEAR GOD WHY?!". I walk into the kitchen to see him downing a jug of milk and attempting to punch our host who is stumbling around laughing his ass off. As are most of the rest of us.

He apparently was so drunk he forgot that the ketchup had been "poisoned" and later at another party he drank it again. Same results, hilarity ensued. :lol:

Ah, 10 minutes is nothing. Ultradeath burns for a good hour. :D

And I provide the local kebab place with it for their use and to bait unknowing brave drunk people. Come on, just dip the toothpick in here and lick it, it'll sting a bit. So funny watching everybody start choking and coughing, hehehehe. XD

Sit-rep my chili plant has about 60 chillies growing, yet none are ripe yet. :(
Was in Tesco, 4 chillies in a bag 99p... my plant 99p. :cool: