Capsaicin!

Haha! Oh god if I really wanna murder me face I use a combination of things, usually all with "Medium-Hot" written on the front. I don't trust meself wi' fresh chillies so I very rarely use 'em. I normally use a combination chilli powder, chilli flakes or dried crushed chillies, Garam masala, regular old straightforward hot curry powder, whatever I happen to have in me cupboard or what I remember to buy. It really does depend on what mood am in and what I exactly use. If I mek summat that's too hot for other folks when ave got me hot-head on, then it's tough titties, I'll eat theirs an all. XD

I don't really get the big deal with cock sauce, aka Sriracha.

Of the half dozen or so varieties of run of the mill hot sauce served by restaurants that have hot sauce on the table, I usually go for this - El Yucateco salsa picante:

El_Yucateco-Hot_Sauce_Green_Chile_Habanero_4oz__38171_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really get the big deal with cock sauce, aka Sriracha.

Of the half dozen or so varieties of run of the mill hot sauce served by restaurants that have hot sauce on the table, I usually go for this - El Yucateco salsa picante:

El_Yucateco-Hot_Sauce_Green_Chile_Habanero_4oz__38171_zoom.jpg

I encountered this at a restaurant recently. I wasn't familiar with it, and after watching my whole table have a taste of it without much of an affect, I put a big glob on a chip and tried it.

Raw pain ensued. My tongue actually hurt the next day.

It never struck me as being that hot, but now that you mention it, it does seem to contain some 9,000 Scovilles which isn't inconsiderable.

But I'm not one of these people who chugs down hot sauce, I have it really sparingly so that's probably why I didn't notice.

I love being the ultra death supplier for my local kebab place. You eat for free. :D

Damn I shoulda bought some of this

Sriracha is awesome because it's delicous. It doesn't matter that it's not as hot as tobasco, tobasco tastes like liquified ass. Most hot sauces, for that matter, taste horrible. Chilis, mmm. Foodgrade chemical weapons, yuck.

Haha! Oh god if I really wanna murder me face I use a combination of things, usually all with "Medium-Hot" written on the front. I don't trust meself wi' fresh chillies so I very rarely use 'em. I normally use a combination chilli powder, chilli flakes or dried crushed chillies, Garam masala

Cinnamon's mad hot, yo.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
I can't say I really understand the obsession with spicy food, even though I like things spicy. If it's meant to be spicy I want it as hot as possible, but I don't make anything spicy that isn't.

I can't say I really understand the obsession with spicy food, even though I like things spicy. If it's meant to be spicy I want it as hot as possible, but I don't make anything spicy that isn't.

But certain foods just sort of demand hot sauce like fries demand ketchup.

I know the people you speak of, who put hot sauce on nearly everything they eat. I don't randomly put it on my mac and cheese or my ramen noodles like I've see some idiots do, but as a condiment it has its place just like mustard or relish or whatever else.

But certain foods just sort of demand hot sauce like fries demand ketchup.

I know the people you speak of, who put hot sauce on nearly everything they eat. I don't randomly put it on my mac and cheese or my ramen noodles like I've see some idiots do, but as a condiment it has its place just like mustard or relish or whatever else.

I also dislike food being hot for the sake of being hot, and even if it sounds snobbish, I believe different peppers go better with different foods.
As for putting those in ramen noodles or any other random food, I think sometimes you just feel like trying a "hot version" of an everyday food. :)

Sriracha is awesome because it's delicous. It doesn't matter that it's not as hot as tobasco, tobasco tastes like liquified ass. Most hot sauces, for that matter, taste horrible. Chilis, mmm. Foodgrade chemical weapons, yuck.

I'm the same way. I love spicy food, but there is a limit to what I can enjoy. When I can't taste anything except burning heat, then I don't see the point. It might as well be a big bowl of tasteless mush, covered in hot sauce, for all the flavor it has. Why even put it on food? Just drink it, less calories that way.