Car and Driver first drive: China's Brilliance BS6.

Kowalski

Sorry if this is a repost.

Errr... if the Chinese can't be bothered about making any effort to make a proper car, then why on earth should I be bothered to copy and paste the entire review?

Just click on the link:

Car and Driver First Drive: The most pretentious overpriced POS ever made.

brilliance_bs6_09.jpg

This is the best photo I could find, really.

The logic of the EU:

-Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche who put huge effort into making good cars are wrong.

-Chinese brands that makes deathtraps powered by outdated inefficient engines are OK.

-It's OK the Chinese blatantly plagiarise European design; after all the car business is pretty much irrelevant... look what happened to Germany!

F*ck the EU and F*ck China.

I hope the C&D drivers/journalists got hazard pay for that.

I wouldn't step foot in one of those after seeing the crash tests.

The name is sooo funny...

I love that movie-esque glass shard flying by the camera in slow motion. Thats the only redeeming feature of the car. Action movie like behavior. Maybe it even explodes violently after being hit by a few bullets.

I think the BS in BS6 stand for bullshit because thats what this is. Ive made stronger Lego cars than this piece of crap.

I hate Chinese cars too, but you're a fucking psycho.

The douche removed his post? Or did you post it in the wrong thread?

Yeah, terrible engineering. Anyone seen that the 5-series got totally owned in side-test crash ratings?

:roflmao: that is just the worst crash test video i have ever seen! my 82 impala would survive better then that :roflmao: and for $31,000 US..... thats a ridiculous amount of money for a chinese car.. i could spend that much and get a Legacy 2.5 GT.. it just doesnt make sense :hammer:

I love that movie-esque glass shard flying by the camera in slow motion. Thats the only redeeming feature of the car. Action movie like behavior. Maybe it even explodes violently after being hit by a few bullets.

Hey, it's found a customer in Hollywood as the cars that get blown up!! :lol:

how do they dare to call it high priced? :D it's cheaper than most of the stuff here, sure not better, but it remains chinese.... :D So there are no questions about that.

WHy all the hate on this car? This car was probably created for a niche market and will surely snag buyers looking for a 1994 Dodge Spirit or similar vehicles. This car could make dollar stores a butt load of money.

if that's the kind of Chinese cars coming to the US, then Brilliance is gonna have a rude awakening

:roflmao: that is just the worst crash test video i have ever seen! my 82 impala would survive better then that
Shit, there wouldn't have been a crash test barrier if you hit it with an '82 Impala :lol:.

... and for $31,000 US..... thats a ridiculous amount of money for a chinese car.. i could spend that much and get a Legacy 2.5 GT.. it just doesnt make sense
wingnutsc said:
if that's the kind of Chinese cars coming to the US, then Brilliance is gonna have a rude awakening
I agree with you guys. It's too expensive, too slow, and too shitty for it's target audience.

I hope the C&D drivers/journalists got hazard pay for that.

I wouldn't step foot in one of those after seeing the crash tests.

I can't believe that piece of junk is even street-legal. Just plain astonishing...

You couldn't give me one of those cars, not even if I was allowed to turn around and re-sell it. I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to meet their asking price. It's ugly, underpowered and I wouldn't trust it with the safety of my groceries, much less any passengers.

I say that I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to buy it, but I just found some idiot who spent $13,000 tuning it...

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2007/05/10/oh-no-just-what-did-you-do-you-do-to-your-brilliance-bs6/
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Brilliance-BS6-tuning.html

http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/8369/44ua0.jpg

Last edited: