Car brochure collection

During my pre-driving license times I used to collect some brochures, but nowadays I usually don't bother. Some exceptions are cars that I'm really interested in, or brochures which are generally hard to get in Finland. So I was pretty fond of Porsche museum lobby, as they used to dump all surplus brochures/books there and you could take them for free. I managed to get 997.1 GT3 in German, Turbo in English and really extensive 997 book in Japan. I also got pretty large Boxster Spyder and GT2 RS posters :)

Seeing that Suzuki Automotive recently pulled out of the US, my big brochures for the 2011 Grand Vitara, SX4, and Equator may become much more interesting. After all, they were practically the only advertising Suzuki seemed to put out for their cars in the States.

Re: Car brochure collection

Seeing that Suzuki Automotive recently pulled out of the US, my big brochures for the 2011 Grand Vitara, SX4, and Equator may become much more interesting. After all, they were practically the only advertising Suzuki seemed to put out for their cars in the States.

The local dealer group ended up making their own brochure out of desperation...i picked one up at the auto show.

More interesting to whom? Nobody wanted what they sold, who will want ads for cars that are not wanted?

By the way, nice to see another Michigan person in here.

There is a collection of American car brochures here:

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/broch1.html

Best exhaust ever.

2.jpg

Update...

The total is now 9830. I just got two lot of 400 and 300. Plus the 2014 ones. 95 brands are represented from 36 countries and 23 languages. On the first lot i've got, there were some great pi?ces... canadian market brochures of Citro?n, Peugeot and Renault brochures. Including an amazing brochure of the Citro?n SM from early seventies. some seventies Volvo brochures, a lot of Toyota, Datsun and Mazda brichures from the seventies and eighties. All from canadian market. Last september, I went in Germany for hollidays, so I got a lot of great additions, especially from german brands.

My next trip is in South America next month. I will visit Santiago, Valparaiso, Buenos Aires and Colonia del Sacramento. I hope I will get a lot from the Chilean and Argentinian markets.

You, sir, are one crazy dude. In a very complementary manner.

I am very maniac about it... Everything is classified... by make, country, year (for Canada and USA) or model (rest of the world). So it's easy to find something.

I like to find rare pieces. Not necessary something spectacular, but I was excited when I got a Russian language estonian Mazda 6 brochure. I don't remember how I got it, but I have a 1988 Peugeot 205 brochure from Sweden. The US Pontiac GTO (Holden Monaro) is hot too.

So my next chase will be the South American market in september. Then probably in october I will go in Albany (New York State - 5 hours from home) to do another chase. Then it will be the Canadian market 2015 models.

You need to take some pictures of this collection to give some sort of scale.

First in my living room...

2014-08-03-14-06-54-13802t.jpg

On the top, there is Audi Europe, on the middle magazines, the rest of Audi Europe, Volvo Europe, Mini Europe and Bentley. On the third row, Toyota, Subaru and Nissan Japan and on the bottom, books.

In my bedroom...

2014-08-03-14-11-58-13805t.jpg

On top, magazines, second row, Volvo Canada, third row, BMW Canada and VW Germany and last row BMW Europe

2014-08-03-14-12-07-13806t.jpg

On top, Porsche, in the middle Mercedes Europe and in the bottom Mercedes Canada.

And the heart of the collection, in my cats bedroom...

2014-08-03-14-08-30-13809t.jpg

2014-08-03-14-09-44-13803t.jpg

2014-08-03-14-10-04-13804t.jpg

A view of Inside one of the drawers...

2014-08-03-14-20-42-13807t.jpg

And a view of different brochures of my car...

2014-08-03-14-24-51-13808t.jpg

On top... the Fiesta brochures from Denmark, Greece, Australia and on the bottom from Germany, Qu?bec and Austria.

This seems quite exciting, most of everyone I know think I'm stupid for collecting brochures. Nearly 10,000 is amazing! I've nearly gone over the 700 mark. How do manage to collect so many? Were your lots of 400 & 300 just a good barn find or have you been asking dealerships to hold them.

A few dealerships I've been into to ask for brochures look at me a little weirdly when I say I collect them ha ha. I figured out a couple of years ago that you can go online to the car manufacturer website and request brochures to be sent via post. So every brochure I get are of the current models. Only problem these days everyone is going to PDF or internet based brochures which is making it more and more difficult. I have even tried doing a little research on what car dealerships do with their old brochures?? Probably throw them away.

My favourite ones are the Bentley Continental Flying Spur and a Delorean one. Some of the Audi ones are good, the Q7 V12 TDI and TTS are hardcover.

Keep up the good work.

This seems quite exciting, most of everyone I know think I'm stupid for collecting brochures. Nearly 10,000 is amazing! I've nearly gone over the 700 mark. How do manage to collect so many? Were your lots of 400 & 300 just a good barn find or have you been asking dealerships to hold them.

The best way to collect so many brochures is time. I started to collect them in november 1986. I was... 8 year old. My father was buying a new car (a "wonderful" Dodge Omni) so I pick up all the 1987 model year Chrysler/Dodge brochures on the rack. Then in 1989, same thing, but at the Ford dealer. In the 1990's, the local shopping center did some new car show each year in October. I took all that I can every year. I also took the lineup brochures at the Montr?al Auto Show each year. The, I had the idea at the end of 1993 (I was 15) to tell dealers that I was doing a homework about automobiles and That I wanted some brochures. Who would say no to that ? Only Lexus dealers (they are cheap on brochures) ! So every year, I get around 200-250 new brochures from the Canadian market. I did this until 1997. Then, school was taking too much time and the raeson to get thme not so good. I restarted to collect them in 2003. This time asking dealers brochures because I collect them.

Then I started travelling a lot... so I started to ask for them in other countries. I already started at the end of the 90' with my homework story. With some good results. I also send emails to constructors in many countries. I had great results in the mid 2000's but now, it is almost impossible.

The two lots were from collectors. The lot of 400 for a ridiculous 20 $ from a collector who sold his house and moving in an appartment. There were really interesting pieces in this lot. He had only a few weeks to get rid of them. The other one is a collector who is selling his doubles. 300 for 100 $.

A few dealerships I've been into to ask for brochures look at me a little weirdly when I say I collect them ha ha. I figured out a couple of years ago that you can go online to the car manufacturer website and request brochures to be sent via post. So every brochure I get are of the current models. Only problem these days everyone is going to PDF or internet based brochures which is making it more and more difficult. I have even tried doing a little research on what car dealerships do with their old brochures?? Probably throw them away.

Usually, dealers don't keep their old brochures. Some keep a few for their used car department, but most throw them... Some dealers are looking at me weirdly... some say no, some yes. I don't really care about what they think. I just want my brochures. XD Most give me what I ask... I am a potential Customer. Money talk.

I wish I would have had the space to continuously keep mine...had to do a purge several years ago.

Hi! I'm a brochure collector from Quebec, I've approximately 2000 brochures I think, maybe 1500 maybe 3000 I don't know but I'm gonna try to count them soon
I've been collecting brochures since I'm 3 or 4 years old, so 1995/1996, I was born in France and I'm in Quebec (Canada) since 2004, and from last year I buy brochures by batches, from 100 to 400 brochures/batch, from '70s to '00s but most of them are from '90s
If someone is interested to sell a lot of brochures or trade some of them, just contact me

I'm sorry for my broken english I'm trying but I'm really far to be bilingual :eek: :(

A picture of a part of my collection (a 400 items batch I've purchased some weeks ago), I definitively have a storage problem ahahah

sicnarf_1978 I see you're from Quebec too, if you want to trade/sell brochures or just talk about this hobby just contact me by PM, or if it's does'nt works because I'm a new user, my email adress is loic2cv652(.)hotmail.fr

Hi! I'm a brochure collector from Quebec, I've approximately 2000 brochures I think, maybe 1500 maybe 3000 I don't know but I'm gonna try to count them soon
I've been collecting brochures since I'm 3 or 4 years old, so 1995/1996, I was born in France and I'm in Quebec (Canada) since 2004, and from last year I buy brochures by batches, from 100 to 400 brochures/batch, from '70s to '00s but most of them are from '90s
If someone is interested to sell a lot of brochures or trade some of them, just contact me

I'm sorry for my broken english I'm trying but I'm really far to be bilingual :eek: :(

A picture of a part of my collection (a 400 items batch I've purchased some weeks ago), I definitively have a storage problem ahahah

sicnarf_1978 I see you're from Quebec too, if you want to trade/sell brochures or just talk about this hobby just contact me by PM, or if it's does'nt works because I'm a new user, my email adress is loic2cv652(.)hotmail.fr

Courriel envoy? !

My latest interesting brochures...

10473067_10153088981308971_7387824253739876592_o.jpg

4 Bentley brochures... UK market but got them in a dealer in Montr?al...

11006403_10153088981658971_6231904932139698819_n.jpg

3 Maserati brochures... this time US market in a dealer in Laval.

Update... Canadian market 2015 brochures and 2 trips outside, one in Russia/Finland/Estonia and one in the USA... So the total is now 11005 brochures. My 11000 th is a US 2015 Mazda CX-9. I got a hardcover Aston Martin brochure in Palmyra, New Jersey, the complete Porsche US lineup. A Russian Bentley, the Jaguar/Land Rover Russian complete lineup. And all the Lada brochures, plus UAZ and Gazelle !

And all the Lada brochures, plus UAZ and Gazelle !

Care to share some pictures? Especially the UAZ and Gazelle brochues, just to see what it looks like for .. let's say, unusual cars for the western world. :)