Car chases from older movies

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
From Awesome thread;

These could do with a thread of their own. And while there is an older thread of the same theme, video links there don't work anymore and I'd like to limit this to the chases that were aiming for "real life action". :) Apart from the well known classics, this is one of my favorites from the era of destruction with minimal special effects.

Yeah, I ended up watching that (again) as well. That Merc jump in the end.. :shock:

2 great Soviet chases.

First one is from a movie called The Unbelievable Adventures of Italians in Russia.

The second one is from a movie called Beware of the Automobile. Couldn't find a clip of the chase on Youtube, however the full movie is uploaded courtesy of the film studio. It even has English subtitles, so I highly recommend everyone watch it. The chase is at 48:15 and goes until 54:30.

Oh if we're talking old car chases then I have an absolute doozy from a little-known caper movie called 11 Harrowhouse....

Enjoy.

There's a British one, I forget the name. 60's, probably features an S-Type.

Almost all the 70and 80's films of Jean-Paul Belmondo and Alain Delon had their car chases :

For exemple these two :
[video=youtube;qI0yJo-ATmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI0yJo-ATmw[/video]

Last edited:
There are lots:
Bullit
What's Up Doc (Bullit spoof chase, sort of)
The Italian Job (original)
Vanishing Point
Two Lane black Top
The James Dean one (probs Rebel etc)
The French Connection (first one)
.. more later!

There's a British one, I forget the name. 60's, probably features an S-Type.

Who was it it? :?

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry - the mother of all 70s chase sequences, immortalized in the Fall Guy title sequence.
Chase starts at 16 minutes (you can skip the intro, cops are after them, that's all you gotta know) and goes to the ending titles.

It's hardly a car chase. More a protracted game of cat and mouse. Good film though.

We're going to need the 40+ minutes of GI60S goodness in this thread.