Car Discussion - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.R

Formerly Punkt
Car(s)
Nothing. I want a Peugeot 1007 When I Get Older
Thread Closed

Since my Dodge Caliber thread took off quite well with everyone expressing his or her opinions. Some in better than detail that others, however, I thought that scrutinizing and praising a car was rather a good thread so

Welcome To Car Discussions! - Day 1!

Basically, a car will be chosen that will be discussed in the current Day and then a new car will take over. I will not use all supercars, or all anything for that matter. I will try to vary the car chosen and make sure it creates discussion.

Let's Begin

-Week 1- (Lets start with something German)
Audi Q7 (I am sure Homer_Bart will comment)
Q7_audi-0089.Image.jpg

Last edited:
Ugly as sin, hideously expensive and incredibly ugly.

Next!

I can't say I know much about it but I don't like that class of vehicles so I would never be interested in buying one. The front looks like some sort of medieval knight's helmet.

Just another useless pavement pounding SUV.

I'm only fond of SUV's who car perform on more than just a grassy feild or a bumpy alley way. The Q7, IMO is pretty ugly and way to expensive. It's got nothing special about it (well perhaps the TDI V12 is ok) but I'd take a Grand Cherokee or a Porsche Cayenne over this any day.

I'll take a V12 TDI Q7, thanks. Almost RS6 levels of performance and you can bring 7 people. The normal version in 3.0TDI form is okey aswell, but it has a lot of that "Chelsea Tractor" aura.

Please stop making threads about vehicular abominations. You still have time to redeem yourself with something that isn't appalling.

I actually like the styling of the Q7. It's not as good as the Nissan Murano, but it's much prettier than the Cayenne.

The problem I have with the Q7 is that...it's driven by cocks. Generally, I don't agree with Jeremy's opinion that all Audi drivers are cocks, but I think that it is true for Q7 drivers.

I think this is one of the best looking pompous SUVs. I would much rather have this over an Escalade.

I honestly don't see why everyone says its ugly. I think its quite nice. To each their own.

I have one of these and I love it. I think I will do them daily instead of weekly now. BTW Tommorows will not be A) a car that I own and B) a car that is got such negative feed back. hopefully

Edit: Audi Q7 Lovely Interior

Last edited:
I like the interior though the layout itself is a bit weird.

Just another useless pavement pounding SUV.

I'm only fond of SUV's who car perform on more than just a grassy feild or a bumpy alley way. The Q7, IMO is pretty ugly and way to expensive. It's got nothing special about it (well perhaps the TDI V12 is ok) but I'd take a Grand Cherokee or a Porsche Cayenne over this any day.

it's my general opinion that any SUV that cannot do better off road that most average cars is a giant useless eyesore that only has a purpose of blocking my view and causing potential accidents.

I disagree with people who say its 'too big' and 'ugly'. I think the latest Audi look is very nice. And it suits the Q7 very nicely. Its a shame that all of these SUVs are now chelsea tractors, but this one I think is better than that. It certainly is better than the XC90, X5 or RRSport, just because those are THE chelsea tractors. No-one bought the Audi, because it wasn't a recognised name at the school gates, so it doesn't have any kudos there, which means its more acceptable for the rest of us to buy one.

However, it isn't as good offroad as a Land Rover (excluding the RRSport), and is pretty expensive. This is like the BMW X3 - pointless to own. Because unless you have something serious against the standard Range Rover, and really hate the Cayenne (who doesn't?) then it loses the only good part about it. Its not good enough off road and is too expensive for any farms. Its not good enough for the school run, unless you are intelligent, in which case you will buy a G55 anyway. And its too big and expensive for everyday life (when you can get a nicer A6 for less). Shame, because its such a good car. The Q5 faces all these problems and the fact its smaller, so its even less useful.

And the V12 version would be great fun, but why have it when you can have an RS6 for less, which is better, more comfortable, handles better, you don't get people shouting at you for killing the environment for taking up more air space than them and in an RS6 (back to a Clarkson comment here about the M6), everyone will think 'He drives an Audi, therefore he is a safe, intelligent man', whereas only real car bores will see it as the V10 supercar it is. And when you get that affirmative nod from such a person, it is cool.

For the farm I would have a Defender, for the School run an A6 (or RS6 :p) and for luxury offroading a Range Rover. The Q7 just doesn't fit in.

And as a note on these discussion topics, I think they are a brilliant idea! So long as it all stays civilised, we can have a decent debate about cars in an orderly fashion (one subject at a time), which is where the Random Thoughts topics fall down. Thanks Punkt!

Last edited:
I think the Q7 is a decent car, looks good, yes it's big, but it is a 4x4 so what should you expect, a Fiat Panda? It's just a shame that ecomentalists (aka fun murderers) are going ripe banana's at those who buy them. Screw them.

I think there are only 2 things holding this car back. The first being, and I hate to say this, TopGear, who seem to have the profound effect of managing to brainwash gullible people. But not just TG, but motoring journalists in general. You may give the car a bad review, but that shouldn't stop people buying the car nomatter how 'bad' it is.

The second being, Audi getting a touch of the Benzitis, trying to make a car for every possible niche in a similar fashion to Mercedes who have a wider range of cars than the universe is wide and to a certain extent BMW.

Also, that isn't exactly the most flattering of pictures for the Q7...

Your signature friend list thing is so tacky.

On topic: I'm with ahpadt on this one. TDI please.

If I were to buy a luxury SUV, I'd probably buy this. Range Rovers, while incredibly practical, I don't consider them luxury. Yes, the interior is very nice, but it's not made of those super fancy materials that make a luxury car a luxury car. Range Rovers, for me, verge a bit too far on the tool side for me to consider it a luxury car.

I'd still have an A5 over this, though. I'm a car guy. I drove a truck once, and I despised it. I can't stand being so high up.

Your signature friend list thing is so tacky.

Just beacuse you don't want to be his friend!

I'd gladly like to be your friend Punkt! (Best friend please! :D)

Its ugly, but not as bad as its borthers. Just give me the V12 one and I'll be happy, even if it is a diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.