Car features as a subscription service are coming.

What I hope that means is, I can get amber turn signals (hacked/unlocked) because German brands think Americans like combination brake/turn signal lights which I think is something nobody ever thinks about. How many Honda and Toyotas have they sold with amber turn signals. Do we care? no. Instead this is due to our abritrary requirements where a turn signal must be a certain size instead of just a brightness level the EU has hence why they're so thin. That said, think the sizing does have some merit as with Tesla Model 3's, they just cut down how much brake light you have to fit the amber turn signal making both super small.

I think the rear light assemblies are physically different on US models, I don't think there are amber lights to "unlock" in the software because the lights that would normally be amber are red.

I think the rear light assemblies are physically different on US models, I don't think there are amber lights to "unlock" in the software because the lights that would normally be amber are red.

I get that now, but I'm talking about in the future, if they do install the same lights and just program what is needed where, then yes, you may have the ability to hack it.

Will BMW charge for a feature when it breaks?