Car for a tall guy?

Thomas_jensen

Hi im a 21 year old danish man im 194 cm tall / 6.4 feet tall and looking for a nice preferably 2 seater car to make a cool car. But most cars does not fit me either i cant see out the front or my legs cant reach the brake without my leg hitting the steering... =( Im thinking of buying a cheap little bit old car and putting some nice racing seats and steering and all like that in it...

How much lover do you sit with the racing seats?

How much smaller are a racing steering wheel?

Which cars are to be recommended to me? around or below 5k pounds...

Thx for your help =)

I drive a Civic and I fit in it very well. I'm also your height and I fit comfortably in the car. I was also surprised at the amount of room inside the Mini.

As for customization - you're on your own. If you want to rice it out that's your deal. My car is stock and it works just fine for me. I can understand your difficulty finding a car; I ran into the same problems. There are not many cars out there made for men our size, and very few in the economy car market. Sure there are cars we can fit in and drive, but they are not nearly as comfortable as they would be to someone who is 5'7". I have the added problem of having size 14 feet.

Buy yourself a Ford Transit. 2 seats, lots of boot space, turbo and I have no problem getting in or out of it, and Im 6'7!! :D

And I'm sure you could do it up very nicely, see Ford Rally Van on Top Gear!

My friend is 1,98m and drives a smart....no complaints, go figure.
If none fit, do what hightower did in police academy one.

Without mods, I can safely say you won't fit in an AW11 MR2 with the factory sunroof...

Without mods, I can safely say you won't fit in an AW11 MR2 with the factory sunroof...

Well he could poke his head out the top :p

I'm 6,4 and have never really had any troubles fitting in anything, although to be fair I do tend to drive big cars though.

Yup - But... weld the seat directly to the floor (has been done before you laugh too hard!) and fit a smaller wheel... sorted... :)

Just get any car with T-tops and make a plexiglass bubble-roof for the driver's side. Or a periscope.

Well he could poke his head out the top :p

I'm 6,4 and have never really had any troubles fitting in anything, although to be fair I do tend to drive big cars though.

yeah your cruise.... commodore has a huge interior ;)

Ok... then i think ill be going for a nice civic 3 door...

btw: Anyone who knows how the rules are concerning: In denmark fx if you have a car like a civic and it only has seats in the front and no seats rear it is registered as a van and therefore you pay a lot less insurence... can you just take out the back seat of your normal car and register it as a van? could be nice couse noone will be able to sit behind me anyway... and then there would be some room to make some cool customs...

I honestly don't know why you would want to take out the back seat. I don't think anyone will be fooled into thinking a Civic hatch is a van. Think about it like this: right now the car is a swiss army knife: you can carry two people and some bags, or three or four people and a few things. You are talking about taking away some of the functionality of the car by removing the rear seat. My brother's friend did this to his car "to save weight." Well, unless you are turning it into a trackday car, you don't need to do that - even if you are going to do track days there are tons of things that will make a bigger difference than taking out the back seat. All I'm saying is this: if it gets to the point that you can't do any more mods to the car with the back seat in place, then think about taking it out; until then there's no good reason to rip up your car and make it look like crap inside. If you really want that kind of performance you should buy an older BMW and start wrenching on it, a rear wheel drive will give you better track performance than front drive Honda (and do it for less).

Just back to the seat thing for a moment. It sounds like you want to rip it out to make room for some "cool customs." I think you're doing it backwards, you should have an idea what you want the car to do, THEN look at what customs are required to get there THEN take out the seat if you really need to. Taking the seat out first is no different than putting a body kit on the car before doing anything under the hood. It's all for show and not for the "Go."

I'm 192 cm 100 kg. I had an A Corsa, it was.. well small, but i could live with it. Now I have an MKII Golf, and its fine for me. The steering wheel is very low, thats the only problem. I need a sport steering wheel, and its fine after that :thumbsup:

I still think a Transit is the way to go...

Tell Boris I said "hello"

He said Vroom Vroom Splutter.

Ya i guess thats kind of stupid...

btw: how are the old bmw's height? are they as roomy as the civic?

Have been looking for something like a 316i 3door from around 94-97 (dont really like the older ones with the different looks...) but they are more pricy than the civic but they can also do more?

Get a convertible, like a Daihatsu Copen, that way you don't have to worry about hitting your head, as this dashing chap demonstrates:

clarkson_copen.jpg

Fiat Stilo 1.6 Dynamic 3d. 2002

This car i will buy it fits me perfectly and its just soo nice =)
It has everything on the inside as well cruisecontrol aircondition cd and all. Its a very cool looking car as well... =)

I'm 1m93 and I fit OK in my barchetta, well since I moved the steering wheel up to the maximum my knees aren't touching anymore so I can now turn :lol: (yet I still need to spray my legs, one against the door the other one near the gearshift.)
When It's raining I usually try to drive fast with the top down, otherwise It's like being in a submarine, I have to bow my head or I just see the sun visor, and you cannot hear the sound of the engine as good as it normaly is.

Only problem is when you get out, I tried every possibilities but I still looks like a drunk guy who's going to fall on the floor when I'm getting out.